TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Seniors, A quick question, if i have a job offer (LIMA approved) will i get a PR using express enrty or a work permit for some time and then i can apply for PR ?
Hi,

If you qualify you can apply for PR right away through the express entry system.

Take this questionnaire to see if you qualify http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp.

Also take into consideration how quickly you would like to be in Canada.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi,

If you qualify you can apply for PR right away through the express entry system.

Take this questionnaire to see if you qualify http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp.

Also take into consideration how quickly you would like to be in Canada.
It says" Based on your answers, you appear to be eligible for Express Entry"

srinu126

Sep 13, 2017
I am in Senegal (West Africa) now on a work visa for 6 months (April 8, 2017 to October 8, 2017), As there is no option to apply for PCC after leaving the country as inquired here and i will be leaving on Oct 8, 2017.
I have obtained a PCC on 26, September , 2017 which is before leaving the country (for 5.5 months stay).
Can i use this for application as i am going to submit my EE profile in a week and hoping for an ITA soon with CRS 432.
Also if someone can let me know how to get PCC from Senegal after leaving the country.
Also pls explain whether the below mentioned is true in my case.
"
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
"

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Guyz!! please help me out.

My Spouse got stamped Visa & COPR, yesterday only. We did it after a long wait of 1.5 year. Thanks to Almighty.

Now, I got trapped.

During EE profile creation, we mentioned that the spouse is non-accompanying; to increase CRS points. And everything got good, my spouse got ITA. We provided documents for medicals, PCC, passport details of both, marriage certificate with other relevant document & finally stamped VISA arrived.

We were only able to get this, after reading various knowledge forums in canadavisa.com.

Now, for non-accompanying, I cited & “documented” the reason to CIC that I am in a “Contractual Labor thing” with a surety bond equivalent to CAD 7500 and I cannot breach the contract (This is a fact). The contract is valid till July 2019.

In this case I just wanted to know that

1. After how much time, my spouse can start my sponsorship? I know that landing & getting a job of my spouse is important.
I haven't been able to find any documented instructions regarding how long your spouse has to wait before sponsoring you after becoming a PR, so my guess is that as soon as he/she is a PR residing physically in Canada, he/she can start the sponsorship process. I suspect though (although I could be wrong), that part of the application will require him/her to attach proof of his/her PR status, which is usually the PR Card, and so he/she might want to wait until he/she at least already has the card in hand. Getting a job is also important, as your spouse would need to be able to show that he/she can provide for your basic needs once you join him/her in Canada. Keep in mind, as well, that spousal sponsorship approval takes approximately 12 months from the submission of the complete application. But I assume you already knew this if you went the route of listing yourself as unaccompanying on your spouse's now-approved PR application.

2. Can I now, at once pay the contract amount and breach the Contract labor thing? We have already provided documents to CIC that we have enough funds (POF).
I'm going to assume the Contractual Labour Thing to which you're referring is some kind of bonding arrangement with your Employer, possibly for them providing you with a benefit such as an educational scholarship or something. I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure if you pay the bonding amount in full, it's not a breach of the contract if you terminate your employment with them... Either way, I don't think this is something IRCC (CIC) would be concerned about (that's my best guess).

3. I read somewhere that even my visitor/tourist visa will not grant?
Why do you think you will not be granted a visitor/tourist visa? I feel like we need more information here...

4. For Visitor/Tourist Visa, my employer nod will be important?
For a Visitor/Tourist Visa, a letter from your employer is a good document to have (it establishes ties to your home country; which is an important consideration in the granting of a Visitor/Tourist visa, since Canada needs reassurance that you will leave after visiting - i.e. you need to return to your job in your home country, so it's a safe bet you won't overstay the Visitor's Visa). But if you can demonstrate your ties to your home country and your intention to return home after a short visit in OTHER ways, I don't think the employer letter would be MANDATORY (although it would still be very, very helpful). Are you concerned that your employer will not be willing to provide you with a reference letter for a Visitor's Visa? Why? A Visitor's Visa implies you're coming back and only going on a vacation...surely your employer wouldn't have a problem with facilitating a vacation...

5. Is it wise to drop this approved PR? And try & wait for lower CRS cutoff?
Why would you drop this approved PR, and wait to hopefully start the process over? I don't understand; we may need more information...

I am in a big dilemma. So Please help me, in getting these answers.
Hi Chuck_Noland,
I looked through and didn't see where anyone had responded to your questions, so I will try my best even though I'm not sure what you're asking at some points, and am not an expert in spousal sponsorship. My answers are in red below your questions (Forgive me as well; I couldn't determine from your post whether your spouse was a woman or man, so I just use he/she wherever necessary).

Zishan1981

Sep 12, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
8-jan-18
LANDED..........
3-Jun-18
Hi @Zishan1981 I have emailed the Dubai police at certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae They replied saying they do not issue a PCC on a visit visa. I am planning to attach that to the LoE. If you have a friend in Dubai, ask him/her to visit the Dubai Police office just for clarification.
Hi @Kestrel - I need a favor. I want to get written police response confirming they dont issue PCC to visit visa. But i have sent them email twice, they reply with "call this #". Can you suggest what you wrote them in email to which they give you clear answer?
Thanks a bunch

louis0115

Nov 15, 2016
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help with two questions I have:
1. Do you submit your work permit as part of your application package? If yes, where do you submit it?
2. Which document category do you submit your IELTS results?
3. I have a section named Education Transcripts (required), how updated my transcripts need to be? I have a copy of my official transcript printed out Jan 2017 after graduation. Can I reuse that for this application or Do I need to get a new copy?

Best Regards,
Louis

Aug 19, 2017
Hello. I have some questions
1. What is the difference between IELTS general and IELTS academic?
2. Which one is accepted by Canada
3. What are the recommended scores for each section?
4. does canada also accept TOEFL?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello. I have some questions
1. What is the difference between IELTS general and IELTS academic?
2. Which one is accepted by Canada
3. What are the recommended scores for each section?
4. does canada also accept TOEFL?
Hi,

1 and 2) IELTS general is what you need for immigration purposes. The academic module is for educational purposes.
3) To get the maximum points you need L8 R7 W7 S7 or better.
4) No, you need to take IELTS or CELPIP (which is only taken in Canada if I'm not mistaken).

Regards

dpatel17

Aug 10, 2016
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21 -07-2016
AOR Received.
05-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
wiating
LANDED..........
INland
sorry new here ..just wondering is it generally 6 months if all documents are there >? or its faster than 6 months ?? thanks in advance

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
sorry new here ..just wondering is it generally 6 months if all documents are there >? or its faster than 6 months ?? thanks in advance
Welcome,

Once you are invited to apply and submit your PR application CIC aim to process your application within 6 months, but of late you are looking at 3-4 months in general.

Reactions: dpatel17

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi @Kestrel - I need a favor. I want to get written police response confirming they dont issue PCC to visit visa. But i have sent them email twice, they reply with "call this #". Can you suggest what you wrote them in email to which they give you clear answer?
Thanks a bunch
Hi @Zishan1981 this is what I wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:
I visited Dubai between the years xxxx. My combined stay in Dubai was more than six months. I travelled on a visit visa. Now I need to get a Dubai Police Certificate for my immigration application to Canada.
I am a (your country) national and am living in (city) (country). I checked with the UAE embassy in my country and they said that they do not issue a police certificate on a visit visa.
I would be grateful if you could please confirm this. Can I apply for a Dubai Police Certificate if I have a visit visa?
thanks,

Reactions: Zishan1981

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi All

I just got an email from CPCO Final request that you can submit your passport and other related docs for PR.Just wanted to know how many days does it take to get passport back from CPCO with COPR once I submit that ??

farshad171

Jan 5, 2016
I used the "Selection factors: federal skilled workers" tool to see if I get 67 points. I am wondering if I still can claim that 5 points for past study in Canada even though my graduate studies have not yet finished. I have basically been 3 full time years, but no degree yet. Thanks

Aug 19, 2017
Hi,

1 and 2) IELTS general is what you need for immigration purposes. The academic module is for educational purposes.
3) To get the maximum points you need L8 R7 W7 S7 or better.
4) No, you need to take IELTS or CELPIP (which is only taken in Canada if I'm not mistaken).

Regards
Thanks. I am grateful