Express Entry in a nutshell

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lifehack said:
Hello

Tell me if I am wrong so what you mean that I can create EE profile now and can edit till I receive ITA.

Also the fund when do I have to show proof of fund,I mean in which step of EE application?Is it post ITA?

Thank you in advance for answering.

Regards
Lifehack
Yes you can edit any time your profile.
The Proof of funds is submited just after ITA. And they ask you a proof that you have this funds for minimum 6 months before ITA.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Thank you for your reply Chente.

Is there any problem if I don't have the entire amount for 6 months?

Regards
Lifehack

chente said:
The Proof of funds is submited just after ITA. And they ask you a proof that you have this funds for minimum 6 months before ITA.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
chente said:
The second part is incorrect. They just want proof of having fund at the time of PR application not before ITA. It also does not necessarily have to be in your account for 6 months. You just need to prove that it is not a loan, thus having the average 6 months balance will give an indication of your financial stability. If there is a major difference between the current and average 6 months balance you will need to explain this in the LOE.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Thank you again for your reply TanakaM.Really appreciate answering my queries.

So if it is given as a gift from my father to my account,shall I explain this on the LOE ? For that do I need to show 6 months balance?

Regards
Lifehack

TanakaM said:
The second part is incorrect. They just want proof of having fund at the time of PR application not before ITA. It also does not necessarily have to be in your account for 6 months. You just need to prove that it is not a loan, thus having the average 6 months balance will give an indication of your financial stability. If there is a major difference between the current and average 6 months balance you will need to explain this in the LOE.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Lifehack said:
Hi

Thank you again for your reply TanakaM.Really appreciate answering my queries.

So if it is given as a gift from my father to my account,shall I explain this on the LOE ? For that do I need to show 6 months balance?

Regards
Lifehack

1) Yes, you will need to explain in LOE and also submit a notarized gift deed from your father. This will account for the difference between your current and average 6 months balance.

2) The letter showing 6 months balance is a standard requirement. See instructions below:

"Document requirements

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

All the best.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
TanakaM said:
1) Yes, you will need to explain in LOE and also submit a notarized gift deed from your father. This will account for the difference between your current and average 6 months balance.

2) The letter showing 6 months balance is a standard requirement. See instructions below:

"Document requirements

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary."

All the best.
Correction.. Gift deed needn't be notarised.. I submitted a letter on plain paper from my father detailing his account details and transfer date.. and also attached bank statement highlighting the incoming transaction from my father's account which had his a/c no and name...

I also know of another person who submitted a letter from a chartered accountant saying XXXX has received a gift of XXXX from her father XXXXXX... She also got her PPR yesterday...

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Congrats RAJ on your PPR ...

My application status is as below
status -----> " We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
Review of eligibility--->We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents --->We do not need additional documents.
Interview---->You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check------> Not applicable.
Final decision--------> Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

does this mean my file reached NVDO , may i know from people who already got PPR how long it takes from this status to PPR.

Thanks in Advance

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
nv0411 said:
Correction.. Gift deed needn't be notarised.. I submitted a letter on plain paper from my father detailing his account details and transfer date.. and also attached bank statement highlighting the incoming transaction from my father's account which had his a/c no and name...

I also know of another person who submitted a letter from a chartered accountant saying XXXX has received a gift of XXXX from her father XXXXXX... She also got her PPR yesterday...
Perhaps. However, notarisation adds legal validity to a document thus making it more credible. I would always advise this for such documents.

Sares_85

Mar 10, 2017
Do you have any information on post application?

Am currently under review, and they have asked for "additional information", specifically Travel and Personal history. However, I completed all this information in my application package online! Do they not use that? I cant access all the information so worried I wont be able to replicate it in the new additional Travel and Personal History forms....

narendher25

Dec 30, 2016
Hi,

I am an Indian Citizen living in US, I received an ITA on March 1st Draw. Now I am looking forward to apply for Indian PCC at Indian Consulate SFO. Has anyone done this before? How long did it take? How was the service handling passport (As I don't want to get struck with any passport related issues at this point of time). There are list of documents listed in the website but would like to know if anyone had bitter experiences and I would like to avoid them. Let me know if there is a better alternative to get Indian PCC?

Thanks in Advance !

Balangb

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am in Canada. I received AOR on Mar 8th 2017. I mentioned my current activity in the e-APR as "unemployed". But, now I have got a contract job but not in my NOC. Should I convey this information to CIC? If so, how it has to be communicated? Pls reply. Thanks.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Balangb said:
Hi, I am in Canada. I received AOR on Mar 8th 2017. I mentioned my current activity in the e-APR as "unemployed". But, now I have got a contract job but not in my NOC. Should I convey this information to CIC? If so, how it has to be communicated? Pls reply. Thanks.
A change in employment situation or employer does not need to be communicated to CIC post e-APR. Since it has no impact on your application what so ever there is no need to inform them.

You can find helpful information on change of circumstance here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

All the best

Balangb

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
A change in employment situation or employer does not need to be communicated to CIC post e-APR. Since it has no impact on your application what so ever there is no need to inform them.

You can find helpful information on change of circumstance here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

All the best
Thanks for your valuable reply.

sivapras

Dec 24, 2012
Hello Experts,

I need clarification regarding how to give experience details in Express Entry profile. I have overall 13 Years of IT experience from 4 employers.

From Jun 2010 - till date --> current company
Feb 2006- Jun 2010 -> company 3
Oct 2005 -Feb 2006 -> company 2
Feb 2004- Sep 2005-> company 1

1. Do I need to provide all these experience in Express Entry profile. Or only Last 10 years is suffice.
2. I have reliving and service letters from all these companies. I can get responsibilities letter from my current employer .Also I got responsibilities letter from my previous employer in March 2016. But this letter is addressing to OINP. I thought i can get OINP and requested the letter. is this letter from my last company is valid for CIC purpose if i get ITA in next draw or should i request a new one.
3. I don't know whether i get responsibilities letter from company 1 and company2.

Please clarify me.

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
narendher25 said:
Hi,

I am an Indian Citizen living in US, I received an ITA on March 1st Draw. Now I am looking forward to apply for Indian PCC at Indian Consulate SFO. Has anyone done this before? How long did it take? How was the service handling passport (As I don't want to get struck with any passport related issues at this point of time). There are list of documents listed in the website but would like to know if anyone had bitter experiences and I would like to avoid them. Let me know if there is a better alternative to get Indian PCC?

Thanks in Advance !
It is pretty straight forward . you need to submit a set of documents as mentioned on the SFO Indian Consulate website. Mail them . They will courier you back your original passport with the PCC clearance stamp.