+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
Hi, it depends on your profession. Some professions may require qualification prior to work experience. CIC asks the following:

ii. In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?

It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

This makes no reference to whether you were qualified or not. However, each NOC has a minimum qualification requirement. Although CIC does not ask for evidence of meeting this, you must ideally meet this to claim experience in this NOC.

Hope this helps
well my NOC requires a degree. however I have been working full time while studying. so I graduated after one year since I started my career. so the first few years of my full time career before graduating would not be considered for points is it?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shivanker said:
well my NOC requires a degree. however I have been working full time while studying. so I graduated after one year since I started my career. so the first few years of my full time career before graduating would not be considered for points is it?
It would as long as we're talking foreign work experience.

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
You can submit your passport (along with dependents’ passport, if they are accompanying you to Canada) at the nearest VFS. They will send your passport to the embassy and deliver your passport back to you after the stamping is done. You will get a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter along with your passport that is stamped with the Maple Leaf Visa Smiley . You need to carry BOTH your passport(with the stamped visa) and the COPR when you are travelling to Canada.
Sorry but, what is a VFS?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mr_j936 said:
Sorry but, what is a VFS?
VFS is a trusted partner of the Canadian government. In many countries, they are responsible for transmitting PPs to the consulate/embassy to get the visa stamped and deliver it back to the applicant.

http://www.vfsglobal.com/

DrPnk

Jul 16, 2016
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I have got 476 points, and expecting ITA in next draw(probably 8th march).
Now my wife is expecting in first week of May.
1. When should I increase the family size?
(how and where to indicate the addition of the new member of the family? what proof do they ask for the new born??)
2. When should my wife take upfront medical?

Please guide for the same.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DrPnk said:
Hello,
I have got 476 points, and expecting ITA in next draw(probably 8th march).
Now my wife is expecting in first week of May.
1. When should I increase the family size?
(how and where to indicate the addition of the new member of the family? what proof do they ask for the new born??)

After the baby is born. If you submit your application before the baby is born, then you have to submit baby's BC, passport, medical test report (and a bunch of forms for change in family information).

2. When should my wife take upfront medical?

If your wife is carrying, then she cant take the medical test (and skip the chest X-ray alone). You can submit the application with all your documents and a LOE that says your spouse will go for the chest X-ray and complete the medical test after delivery.

Please guide for the same.

DrPnk

Jul 16, 2016
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you..
So if I submit the profile after the delivery. And add the details of the new born kid in the Post ITA, pre submitted profile is it more smooth?

and as you said the wife will give chest X ray later. will it affect the PR process?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DrPnk said:
Thank you..
So if I submit the profile after the delivery. And add the details of the new born kid in the Post ITA, pre submitted profile is it more smooth?

and as you said the wife will give chest X ray later. will it affect the PR process?
1) Yes

2) No

You have the option of submitting your PR application after delivery.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hi Raj,

I remember you posted regarding not getting reference letter and mentioned that you provided so many supporting documents along with LOE.
My question is, did you put everything including LOE as single doc and uploaded in employment place holder or you put LOE in LOE section only.

In my case, I have everything except salary details for two employments so I am planning to write LOE and attach with ref letter and supporting docs in employment place holder. Also the same LOE I will put in LOE place holder.

Employment in India : LOE1+ref letter+HR mail+joining letter+increment letter+first and last 4 months pay slips -> Put in employment1 place holder
Employment in Canada : LOE2+ref letter+HR mail+T4 copies+NOA copies+LMO approval copies -> Put in employment2 place holder
LOE1+LOE2 -> Put LOE place holder

Please let me know.

Thank you.

DrPnk

Jul 16, 2016
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) Yes

2) No

You have the option of submitting your PR application after delivery.
I will also have to provide a passport and medical of the newborn right?
Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi.

Since she is expecting in May, why don't you just submit your application after the baby is born? So that you submit everything at once as opposed to sending additional documents at a later stage? Remember you now have 90 days to submit your application as opposed to 60.

Just a suggestion.

DrPnk

Jul 16, 2016
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
Hi.

Since she is expecting in May, why don't you just submit your application after the baby is born? So that you submit everything at once as opposed to sending additional documents at a later stage? Remember you now have 90 days to submit your application as opposed to 60.

Just a suggestion.
Thank you for the reply
The only thing I'm concerned is the procedure of passport of the newborn and the medical.

Do you think I should upload my new result after March 8 draw ?
It will automatically increase 15 days time?
Please suggest

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
DrPnk said:
Thank you for the reply
The only thing I'm concerned is the procedure of passport of the newborn and the medical.

Do you think I should upload my new result after March 8 draw ?
It will automatically increase 15 days time?
Please suggest
Which results are you referring to, IELTS?

DrPnk

Jul 16, 2016
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
Which results are you referring to, IELTS?
Yes with previous ielts I'm having clb 8 and score of 406
If I update it will be 476(clb10)
So if I delay it by 15 -30 days it will give me some more time needed to create passport of the new born.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
DrPnk said:
Yes with previous ielts I'm having clb 8 and score of 406
If I update it will be 476(clb10)
So if I delay it by 15 -30 days it will give me some more time needed to create passport of the new born.
Yes, this is a safe option. Since you have such high points you are almost guaranteed of an ITA once you create your profile.

Note the word almost. There is no full guarantee with CIC.

You also need to do your research on how long it will take to get the passport and how the medicals will be done for the baby, so that you make an informed decision.

All the best