+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
resu said:
You definitely can apply without agents. We all are here to get and seek help.

You have to get the transcripts from VTU in a sealed Envelope. Do not tamper with the envelope. Take another envelope and put a copy of your Awarded Bachelors degree certificate and the Envelope given by the university inside it.

Apply in the Website of WES. You will get a WES reference number.
Write Down the WES address your address and WES reference number on the envelope and send it through Bluedart/Dhl Courier to WES.
Thanks for the reply resu.

WES is the first step to express entry right?

For BE i can get the transcripts from VTU. But for PUC (12th) and SSLC (10th) what should I do?

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
Kumar2017 said:
Thanks for the reply resu.

WES is the first step to express entry right?

For BE i can get the transcripts from VTU. But for PUC (12th) and SSLC (10th) what should I do?
I started with IELTS while I had applied for getting the transcripts from my University. So you might do that as well.

WES does not eveluate 10th and 12th certificates.

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
resu said:
I started with IELTS while I had applied for getting the transcripts from my University. So you might do that as well.

WES does not eveluate 10th and 12th certificates.
Thanks again for the reply resu.

So for WES assessment only transcripts from my University is evaluated? No need to send 10th and 12th certificates?
What exactly WES will do?

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
Kumar2017 said:
Thanks again for the reply resu.

So for WES assessment only transcripts from my University is evaluated? No need to send 10th and 12th certificates?
What exactly WES will do?
Yes ,

WES requires only your academic credentials post secondary education, that is 12th. SO you need not t send the 10th or 12th Certificates.

What WES does? It compares your academic studies to Canadian equivalency and gives you the result after 20 working days.
Like this:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
resu said:
Yes ,

WES requires only your academic credentials post secondary education, that is 12th. SO you need not t send the 10th or 12th Certificates.

What WES does? It compares your academic studies to Canadian equivalency and gives you the result after 20 working days.
Like this:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Thanks for the reply. :D

Please correct me if I am wrong:
1. So first step is to get the VTU transcripts.
2. Create WES account and Send the VTU transcripts in the envelop to WES.
3. Start with IELTS?

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
Kumar2017 said:
Thanks for the reply. :D

Please correct me if I am wrong:
1. So first step is to get the VTU transcripts.
2. Create WES account and Send the VTU transcripts in the envelop to WES.
3. Start with IELTS?
If you are already prepared for IELTS you can schedule it as well so that there wont be delays on creating EE profile.

vikramnaresh

Feb 28, 2017
First of all Thanks all for the valuable information
I almost spent 2 hours reading them.
I have just started EE process, Waiting for ECA from WES. Scheduled IELTS on April 8th 2017.
So it looks to me its an year long process if everything is right.

My Profile as of now,
Age - 27, BE Graduate, 5+ years of work experience in IT CRS calculator - 400 approx, Single.

My Questions are
1. What are the ways to Improve CRS ?
2. Does second language test results add points to CRS?
3. Should i desperately try for some job offers from Canada before applying?

P.S Last draw was around 440. and i am no where near to it.

Thanks In Advance :)

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
resu said:
If you are already prepared for IELTS you can schedule it as well so that there wont be delays on creating EE profile.
Thanks again.

I have not even started preparation for IELTS. Could you tell on average to get 7 in all How much preparation is required?

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
Kumar2017 said:
Thanks again.

I have not even started preparation for IELTS. Could you tell on average to get 7 in all How much preparation is required?
To be honest, I don't know your English level. So cant say how much time you need. But try IELTS band 8 with each section min 7.5.

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
If u have a good command over English ie u r speaking and writing English from the day u r born than each module 1 hour everyday.
But if you r just learning English to pass Ielts for immigration then 6 hours every day

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
vikramnaresh said:
First of all Thanks all for the valuable information
I almost spent 2 hours reading them.
I have just started EE process, Waiting for ECA from WES. Scheduled IELTS on April 8th 2017.
So it looks to me its an year long process if everything is right.

My Profile as of now,
Age - 27, BE Graduate, 5+ years of work experience in IT CRS calculator - 400 approx, Single.

My Questions are
1. What are the ways to Improve CRS ?
2. Does second language test results add points to CRS?
3. Should i desperately try for some job offers from Canada before applying?

P.S Last draw was around 440. and i am no where near to it.

Thanks In Advance :)
Hi Vikram,

You have around same profile as mine. So you would score 438 if you have clb level 10 in 3 and clb level 9 in one section. It will never be near 400.

1. What are the ways to Improve CRS ? - Max out your IELTS results.
2. Does second language test results add points to CRS? Yes it adds. But learning to that level is a challenge. If you know french. That's an added advantage to boost your CRS.
3. Should i desperately try for some job offers from Canada before applying? No Not really. Most of us don't have the job offers.

Nighteg

Feb 27, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
Thanks!

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
resu said:
To be honest, I don't know your English level. So cant say how much time you need. But try IELTS band 8 with each section min 7.5.
Thanks again.

When exactly we need the IELTS score ready? After WES and before EE right?

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
Kumar2017 said:
Thanks again.

When exactly we need the IELTS score ready? After WES and before EE right?
Not exactly.

I had mu IELTS first. It doesnt matter but yes you should get both ECA from WES and IELTS results before EE creation

saran24

Mar 24, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Because you claimed having a relative who is PR or Canadian citizen.
Yes I claimed my uncle is a Canadian citizen. Thank you for clearing up that. My marital status is single/never married, what is the proof of relationship it is asking for?