+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Vanessa8

Jan 21, 2016
Sorry.... don't mean to spam this thread, but I have an urgent question..
I'm yet to submit my Application after receiving ITA. The challenge I'm having is this; in my country, credit cards are not used. I have debit card only. Will CIC accept the debit card as a means of payment for the PPR fees? Because it is started on the website that credit cards should be used for payment. Please someone with first hand information should respond as my deadline to submit the application is fast approaching. Thanx

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vanessa8 said:
Sorry.... don't mean to spam this thread, but I have an urgent question..
I'm yet to submit my Application after receiving ITA. The challenge I'm having is this; in my country, credit cards are not used. I have debit card only. Will CIC accept the debit card as a means of payment for the PPR fees? Because it is started on the website that credit cards should be used for payment. Please someone with first hand information should respond as my deadline to submit the application is fast approaching. Thanx
Credit card and debit card function same these days if you're having some particle number at the backside of them. they need payment so you can use your debit card without any hesitation. many people have made payments using their debit cards to WES.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
charlink123 said:
Hello, sir. Is it a must to get a medical exam after getting the ITA? Is it Ok to have it done before ITA.
Medicals should not be older than 6 months at the time of submission of application. Having said that, I do NOT recommend doing medicals earlier - this will decrease your landing time.

The thing is once you are issued a visa, you need to land before the medical test expires (validity of medical test = 12 months). So, I suggest you to go for your medical test AS LATE AS POSSIBLE (1 or 2 days before you submit your PR application) so that you will have plenty of landing time after you get your visa.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Hi,

I have a question.
1) Normally how much time does CIC take to complete our process after the day we submit our documents?

Most applicants get passport request within 4.5 to 5 months.

2) Do they process it any faster if we have a job offer from Canadian organisation? Approximately how much time do they take considering an employer is awaiting this process?

No data to analyze this situation. So, I cannot comment on this.

3) in the above case, we don't require submitting the proof of funds, right?

You don't need to show POF only if you are invited under CEC or you have a job offer from a Canadian employer that is backed by a very-hard-to-get positive LMIA. If you happen to obtain a job offer with positive LMIA, you will be provided with additional 600 points to your CRS.

4) If we dont have a job offer, can we submit real estate property documents and PPF/PF documents as proof of funds?

Property - NO. PPF - some people do this but there is no confirmed report from anyone who has got a PR with this proof. EPF - I checked with NDVO and they said EPF can be shown as POF (but I am not sure if the Centralized Intake Office will consider this as a valid proof).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
charlink123 said:
Hello sir. Thanks a lot. I also have a question regarding on the police certificate. How early should I get my police certificate (assuming if I apply on May 1st, should I get it on April 30 to make sure there is no criminal record until the date of application)? And also what should be the content of the police certificate? I think different countries have very different format. I think my country's certificate will simply say that "He or she doesn't have any criminal record". But I heard the police certificate should also specify where I have been since 18 years old (matching the personal history).

And also currently I am inside Canada, should I also prepare for a canada police certificate in advance just in case?

Thanks a lot.
You can get the PCC for countries that you have stayed in the past for a total of 6 months or more.

I found this on the CIC website -
Purpose

To determine if the applicant or their family members have a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada
Document requirements

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
Some countries require that the applicant complete a consent form to initiate a police certificate. For example, an applicant seeking a police certificate from New Zealand must download and complete the Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form available on the IRCC website. The form is then uploaded (with any other police certificates the applicant may provide) as part of the e-APR. If the application is not rejected as incomplete, the processing office will assess the consent form and electronic file and initiate the police certificate.

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

proof of having requested a police certificate for such countries; and
an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance). The applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their Invitation to Apply.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner
Their dependent children 18 years of age or older, including non-accompanying
Link ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

You need to check if you need to submit Canada PCC.
@Asivad - Could you please advise on this?

Check how to apply for PCCs from various countries --->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SinghRaj said:
Hay ,
i Just have a question about Ontario ONIP human resources, my Colleague has an Indian B.tec (assessed by WES) Degree and Canadian 2 year diploma, and have CRS total of 402. He got invite to apply for ONIP under human resources. I check the requirements of this ONIP they say candidate should have bachelor degree in order to be eligible. but i have a confusion as they are picking up candidates from EE profile and my friend selected the option in study of "TWO OR MORE DEGREE DIPLOMA, ONE MUST BE THREE YEAR OR MORE". Now my question is i have a diploma in India ( Three Year) and in Canada (Two year), if get it evaluated by WES, Will i be able to get pts for "TWO OR MORE DEGREE DIPLOMA, ONE MUST BE THREE YEAR OR MORE" option, if so , will i be eligible for ONIP under human resources section.
Please & Thank you
Rajinder Singh
You can have "Two or More degrees" mentioned in your EE profile and still be eligible to apply to OINP but one of those degrees must either be a Canadian Bachelor's degree OR a foreign degree accompanied with a ECA that evaluates it equivalent to a "Bachelor's degree". If you neither have a Canadian Bachelors degree nor your foreign degree was not evaluated to at least a "Bachelors" in the ECA report, then unfortunately, you are not eligible to apply to OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
GagamM said:
Hi i was completing my e-APR and in the work experience section they are asking for Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code).
I have been working at my current company since april 2014, as claims manager. But this Feb I got promoted to account manager. I have one year and 10 months of experience as claims manager. And couple of months as account manager but it is my current job. dont know which job i should use as primary occupation. Any suggestions?
You should have at least 12 months (1560 hours / year) of work experience in your primary NOC. So, choose a job that satisfies this criteria.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
You need to check if you need to submit Canada PCC.
@Asivad - Could you please advise on this?
RCMP report not required upfront, needed only if and when asked for by IRCC.

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can have "Two or More degrees" mentioned in your EE profile and still be eligible to apply to OINP but one of those degrees must either be a Canadian Bachelor's degree OR a foreign degree accompanied with a ECA that evaluates it equivalent to a "Bachelor's degree". If you neither have a Canadian Bachelors degree nor your foreign degree was not evaluated to at least a "Bachelors" in the ECA report, then unfortunately, you are not eligible to apply to OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.
Thanks for the information, but again in EE it has option of Two or more degree and diploma together, but what i am understanding from your reply is by having that option in EE ( which i can select because i have two diplomas) i can get the invitation for OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, but later i have to provide a proof of bachelors degree, which i don't have so the invitation will go cancel.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SinghRaj said:
Thanks for the information, but again in EE it has option of Two or more degree and diploma together, but what i am understanding from your reply is by having that option in EE ( which i can select because i have two diplomas) i can get the invitation for OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, but later i have to provide a proof of bachelors degree, which i don't have so the invitation will go cancel.
Correct. Unfortunately, if you don't have a bachelors - you are NOT eligible to apply under the OINP - Human Capital Priorities Stream (even though you get a PT). There is no point applying to a program that you are not eligible for.

Red_DevilBah

Jun 1, 2015
Hi !

I received an email on 8th April to submit my passport to the consulate to get the permanent residency visa stamped, which I will be doing in 2 days.

I have certain questions regarding entry:

1. Within how many months after getting the visa stamped do I need to enter Canada?

2. What are the activities that I must complete during my first visit to Canada in order to get myself the PR card.

3. I am currently working in Dubai, looking at the global economy I don't intend to leave my job currently. So what is the minimum time I need to stay in canada during the first visit to get the PR card.

TIA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Red_DevilBah said:
Hi !

I received an email on 8th April to submit my passport to the consulate to get the permanent residency visa stamped, which I will be doing in 2 days.

I have certain questions regarding entry:

1. Within how many months after getting the visa stamped do I need to enter Canada?

2. What are the activities that I must complete during my first visit to Canada in order to get myself the PR card.

3. I am currently working in Dubai, looking at the global economy I don't intend to leave my job currently. So what is the minimum time I need to stay in canada during the first visit to get the PR card.

TIA
Already answered here --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg5110456#msg5110456

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hello everyone once again,

firstly thanks to everyone here for helping/guiding me with my initial queries.

I am about to book my spouse and my IELTS dates and am in process of finishing ECA via WES. We plan to submit our EE profile by August.

I had a question over, I turn 31 in january; and as we all know, I will consequently lose 5 points on CRS due to this.

My spouse has done his pilot training in the united states (training period was a year) after his 12th standard, and has also converted his license to canadian equivalent. He is now working in fashion industry but that's besides the point. In terms of qualification, that is what he has done.

"One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" - does this condition in CRS thus apply to him? He stands to contribute 6 points to me if it is so.

I am aware that since his license is not an academic qualification, we will have to send his 12th standard mark sheet to WES. But before getting into this I just wanted everyone's guidance here if we stand to gain the 6 points which will compensate the loss of 5 due to my impending birthday.

Looking forward to all help,

Best,
PMV

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
PMV said:
Hello everyone once again,

firstly thanks to everyone here for helping/guiding me with my initial queries.

I am about to book my spouse and my IELTS dates and am in process of finishing ECA via WES. We plan to submit our EE profile by August.

I had a question over, I turn 31 in january; and as we all know, I will consequently lose 5 points on CRS due to this.

My spouse has done his pilot training in the united states (training period was a year) after his 12th standard, and has also converted his license to canadian equivalent. He is now working in fashion industry but that's besides the point. In terms of qualification, that is what he has done.

"One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" - does this condition in CRS thus apply to him? He stands to contribute 6 points to me if it is so.

I am aware that since his license is not an academic qualification, we will have to send his 12th standard mark sheet to WES. But before getting into this I just wanted everyone's guidance here if we stand to gain the 6 points which will compensate the loss of 5 due to my impending birthday.

Looking forward to all help,

Best,
PMV
You will get the following points for your spouse if the evaluation falls into one of the below :

Secondary school (high school graduation) 2
One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 6

If his WES report says "Secondary School" he will add 2 points to your CRS and if his report reads "One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" or something on those lines, he will add 6 points to your CRS.

Since he has finished 12th grade, his academic qualification might most likely be evaluated to "Secondary School" and he might be able to add only 2 points to your CRS.

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hello Rajkamal,

Thanks for the prompt response.

What I was trying to get at is.. does a commercial pilot license (for which training period was 1 year) qualify as "One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"??

WES does not evaluate pilot license as it is not an "educational/academic" program.

Please advise..

Thanks