+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

suazo

Apr 3, 2016
Hello Everyone, I have a question about creating my express entry profile now with my highest degree.
I just completed my Master of Business Administration degree about two weeks ago at Vancouver Island University in British Columbia,Canada. All my results are posted on student records and I have officially completed the course requirements. I will not be able to receive my certificate until the convocation date which is on the 8th of June,2016

The question is: Can I choose the Masters degree as the highest level of education now as I am yet to receive my official certificate?
I have done my language test and bachelors degree conversion with WES. Your suggestions please!!!

Thank you .

rinkuaccen

Apr 3, 2016
Thanks for the Information provided above, hats off to you. However, I just want to cross check about the Proof of Fund reuirement at which stage. It it after ITA or at the time EOI?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rinkuaccen said:
Thanks for the Information provided above, hats off to you. However, I just want to cross check about the Proof of Fund reuirement at which stage. It it after ITA or at the time EOI?

Thanks in advance for your answer!
Post ITA.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
suazo said:
Hello Everyone, I have a question about creating my express entry profile now with my highest degree.
I just completed my Master of Business Administration degree about two weeks ago at Vancouver Island University in British Columbia,Canada. All my results are posted on student records and I have officially completed the course requirements. I will not be able to receive my certificate until the convocation date which is on the 8th of June,2016

The question is: Can I choose the Masters degree as the highest level of education now as I am yet to receive my official certificate?
I have done my language test and bachelors degree conversion with WES. Your suggestions please!!!

Thank you .
I believe you could do this. Talk to your university and ask them if they provide a provisional certificate that you could use until you get your degree certificate.

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Nalanda said:
Thanks, Stanlee for you answer.

Actually, I started working part-time in this company from 6-Oct-2014 to 31-March-2015, during that time I was on the study permit. The same company in mid-March provided me a new contract from 1st-April-2015 to 08-Aug-2015. So I have two contracts issued by the company.
- First contract from 6-Oct-2014 to 31-March-2015 (Study permit and off-campus work permit)
- Second contract from 1st-April-2015 to 08-Aug-2015 (Post-graduate work permit)
- T4 issued by the company has one fiscal year information from Jan-2015 to Dec-2015, which covers both the contracts.

As you mentioned, I am going to use my second contract in work history section to get points for my Candian experience and both the contracts in personal history sections. Correct me, If I am wrong.

For proof of work experience,
1) employment letter
2) pay slips for my entire period
3) T4 tax slips

Do I need to give anyone of the above documents or all the above for the proof?
Hi Raj, Do you have any comments on the above content?

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
Hello Everyone
Quick question, I am about to submit my express entry profile just waiting on my IELTS test report form to arrive. According to my calculation my CSR points are 481. From your experience how long is the wait time for an ITA after you enter the pool/submit the Express entry profile.?

thank you, any response will be very much appreciated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
GagamM said:
Hello Everyone
Quick question, I am about to submit my express entry profile just waiting on my IELTS test report form to arrive. According to my calculation my CSR points are 481. From your experience how long is the wait time for an ITA after you enter the pool/submit the Express entry profile.?

thank you, any response will be very much appreciated.
You will most likely get the ITA in the very next draw.

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
thank you!! this maybe a stupid question- If the cutoff is 460 or 470 does that mean all candidates that have CSR points above the cutoff gets an invitation?

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

I completed B.Tech and Master in Business Administration (part time). I got these assessed by IQAS with certificate saying
'Bachelor's degree generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor of Science degree..' and 'The post-graduate diploma generally compares to the completion of a Master of Business Administration degree..'

Now while filling the online application what should I select in 'Study' tab for level of education for each course?

1) Should I mention 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.' against each Study??
2) or should I mention 'Bachelor's degree' and 'Master's degree/diploma' separately for respective studies??

Will this affect my points?

Nandhini

Apr 26, 2015
Thanks Rajkamal Mohanram.

If I understand correctly,

I have to go for PNP.
Get the PR.
Approach the current employer for internal transfer -right?

One question-If it is 'Work from Home' or employment at US office-Will there be a problem after the Canadian PR?

Thanks
Nandhini

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nandhini said:
Thanks Rajkamal Mohanram.

If I understand correctly,

I have to go for PNP.
Get the PR.
Approach the current employer for internal transfer -right?

Once you get the PR visa, you need to "land" in Canada to become a PR. Once you land and activate your PR status, you are free to pursue any line of work.

One question-If it is 'Work from Home' or employment at US office-Will there be a problem after the Canadian PR?

I don't think work from home will be a problem. For employment at a US office, you might need a visa or some kind of permit to be able to work from the United States of America. Not sure about this.

Thanks
Nandhini

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Hi,

I completed B.Tech and Master in Business Administration (part time). I got these assessed by IQAS with certificate saying
'Bachelor's degree generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor of Science degree..' and 'The post-graduate diploma generally compares to the completion of a Master of Business Administration degree..'

Now while filling the online application what should I select in 'Study' tab for level of education for each course?

1) Should I mention 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.' against each Study??
2) or should I mention 'Bachelor's degree' and 'Master's degree/diploma' separately for respective studies??

Will this affect my points?
What is the final Canadian equivalency mentioned on the report? If you could post a Google Drive link to the report, I might be able to help you better. Please remove personal information and blackout the reference number before sharing the link.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

it shows as below in certificate:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byhl_Ug305o0TGlLYTBSVDFFWU45dFJBQTNrcWYyVnFqYXBN/view?usp=docslist_api

As of now, I've mentioned 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years' against both the rows in STUDY.