+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

jjose91

Apr 3, 2016
Hi there..

just wanted to know how long is this Waiting going to be. on an average

Its been less than 2 weeks since I entered the pool.

I am 24yrs old, masters degree.. n so on an so... total CRS points with 453. Single person...

now how long will this wait take. Should I take all my police clearance and medical and all that and keep it ready. Or the wait will be drastically long. so dont worry about it until the ITA comes.?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nandhini said:
Hi
My score is 350.
Trying through PNP.

However, Is it possible to approach my current employer to shift me to Canada in Internal transfer?
Will it help to increase my score?
What about LMIA?

Also my parent company is a US based company , do not have any companies in Canada. (They may provide work from home).
Will CIC allow this kind of arrangement?

How this can be taken forward?

Members, please advise.

Thanks
Nandhini
You can ask your employer for an internal transfer once you get your PR. If you need those 600 points for job offer, it has to be a job offer from a Canadian employer that is backed by a positive LMIA. So, "working from home" arrangement cannot get you those 600 points.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Felixzecat said:
"For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."
"Police certificates are typically valid for one year from the date they are issued."

I have done my medical studies in ukraine and before leaving, I have asked for a police certificate.
police certfiicate dated the 14th of july 2011.
I left the 20th of july..

1. should I asked for a new one?
2. Validity of Police certificate as its not so easy to get one . ??? ???
Um, I am not very sure about this but suggest you to get a new one and not risk it. The validity is indefinite once it is issued AFTER your last stay in Ukraine.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nalanda said:
Dear All,

I need some clarifications regarding police clearance certificate.

My father has changed his name in gazette office.
- My passport has his old name
- Do I need to mention my father's old name and new name in the police clearance certificate form or just old name as mentioned in passport?

To avoid confusion, suggest you to get your PP renewed with the updated information.

- As per the police clearance certificate,
question 19) Have you visited /stayed in India after acquisition of landed status/foreign: WHAT SHOULD I FEEL?

If you an Indian citizen, you should fill "NO".

question 20) There is a table with following headers like Address where stayed, From and To. WHAT SHOULD I FEEL?

If this table is an extension of the previous question and you answered "NO" to that question, then you can leave this table blank.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jjose91 said:
Hi there..

just wanted to know how long is this Waiting going to be. on an average

Its been less than 2 weeks since I entered the pool.

I am 24yrs old, masters degree.. n so on an so... total CRS points with 453. Single person...

now how long will this wait take. Should I take all my police clearance and medical and all that and keep it ready. Or the wait will be drastically long. so dont worry about it until the ITA comes.?
453 is a good score but considering the current trend, it might be a few months before you could get an ITA. So, suggest you not to hurry for the PCC for your current country of residence because it is valid only for 6 months. If you have stayed abroad in any country (other than Canada) for 6 months or more in total (not necessarily in a row) you can get the PCCs for those countries.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish to know the full forms of various abbreviations those are used in Express Entry on this forum, since I am new to this. Thanks in advance.
Like: AOR, PP, BG, PPR, ECA, PT, EE etc etc etc.

jjose91

Apr 3, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
453 is a good score but considering the current trend, it might be a few months before you could get an ITA. So, suggest you not to hurry for the PCC for your current country of residence because it is valid only for 6 months. If you have stayed abroad in any country (other than Canada) for 6 months or more in total (not necessarily in a row) you can get the PCCs for those countries.
Ok fine so then I have got one more doubt.
when they say the last draw the lowest was 470 or the one before that 453.. does that mean everyone above 470/453 got an ITA.

if that is the case.. doesnt it mean a whole lot of people are not there anymore in the pool. so then like the next highest is 469 or something..

but in 2 weeks again 1500 applicants join in which have 470 points +, that reduces the opportunity of those lower?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jjose91 said:
Ok fine so then I have got one more doubt.
when they say the last draw the lowest was 470 or the one before that 453.. does that mean everyone above 470/453 got an ITA.

Yes

if that is the case.. doesnt it mean a whole lot of people are not there anymore in the pool. so then like the next highest is 469 or something..

A lot of candidates with competitive scores keep joining the pool everyday. So, 470 might still be the highest.

but in 2 weeks again 1500 applicants join in which have 470 points +, that reduces the opportunity of those lower?

Technically, yes. The scores won't drop significantly unless they decide to increase the number of applicants picked to, say, 3000.

zionite

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
Hello Raj,

i changed my surname and middle name 2years ago with the relevant documents( Affidavit, newspaper publication) to show, but my passport still has my old name, when registering for my IELTS i had to use the name as shown on my passport. What do i do when registering for WES and creating the EE profile.

My masters certificate shows my new name
my B.Eng shows my old name
My employment letters and salary account all have my new name.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
zionite said:
Hello Raj,

i changed my surname and middle name 2years ago with the relevant documents( Affidavit, newspaper publication) to show, but my passport still has my old name, when registering for my IELTS i had to use the name as shown on my passport. What do i do when registering for WES and creating the EE profile.

My masters certificate shows my new name
my B.Eng shows my old name
My employment letters and salary account all have my new name.

Thanks
Suggest you to update the name on your PP and proceed further.

zionite

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Suggest you to update the name on your PP and proceed further.
By PP, you mean passport?