+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jessy_canada said:
Thank you for the response. Forgive me for asking, I can get reference letters for both Admin & HR but I understand I will have to give supporting docs for HR.
1. Please advise format reference to get employment letter?
2. How long do I have to submit my husband’s ECA & WES once I have created my EE profile?
3. Is it advisable to create one for me now or just wait for my husband’s docs to get done?

I get 412 without hubby and 437 with his expected score IELTS and approved WES.
1. Check this thread for sample format of reference letter http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

2. You can edit your EE profile till you get an ITA, so you can create and submit your EE profile now and add your husband's details as and when it is ready.

3. Same as above point. IELTS and ECA for co-applicant is optional, so you can go ahead and create the EE profile with your details as of now.

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Stanlee said:
1. Check this thread for sample format of reference letter http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

2. You can edit your EE profile till you get an ITA, so you can create and submit your EE profile now and add your husband's details as and when it is ready.

3. Same as above point. IELTS and ECA for co-applicant is optional, so you can go ahead and create the EE profile with your details as of now.
Thank you Stanley for being a star. I will just run through as to what all I need to get my profile up and running. Last but not least to submit the EE profile,
Only ECA and IELTS to be uploaded and rest all is to enter Data (true)?
Also, I have my BBM (recognised) and MBA HR (unrecognised), would you consider its advisable to apply for HR or Admin (just thinking about credential evaluation matching job profile). My current employer is quite supportive based on what documents I would require.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jessy_canada said:
Thank you Stanley for being a star. I will just run through as to what all I need to get my profile up and running. Last but not least to submit the EE profile,
Only ECA and IELTS to be uploaded and rest all is to enter Data (true)?
Also, I have my BBM (recognised) and MBA HR (unrecognised), would you consider its advisable to apply for HR or Admin (just thinking about credential evaluation matching job profile). My current employer is quite supportive based on what documents I would require.
To create and submit your EE profile, you need not upload any documents. For ECA and IELTS you just need the report numbers, dates etc to be entered.

To qualify for Express Entry education and work experience are independent of each other. As long as your occupation falls under NOC skill type 0, A or B, you are good to go. Your question would be more valid once you land in Canada and try applying for jobs.

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Stanlee said:
To create and submit your EE profile, you need not upload any documents. For ECA and IELTS you just need the report numbers, dates etc to be entered.

To qualify for Express Entry education and work experience are independent of each other. As long as your occupation falls under NOC skill type 0, A or B, you are good to go. Your question would be more valid once you land in Canada and try applying for jobs.
Thank you so very much. I was under the impression its best to just to get myself and my spouse registered initially just to increase our point system. Since you mentioned nothing needs to be uploaded atm, EE profile can be amended later, it’s a good sign.
In the meantime, do you have any suggestions which websites to approach for trying my luck with Nominee programmes. Totally cool, if you don’t know of any.

Once again, thank you for the prompt response.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jessy_canada said:
Thank you so very much. I was under the impression its best to just to get myself and my spouse registered initially just to increase our point system. Since you mentioned nothing needs to be uploaded atm, EE profile can be amended later, it’s a good sign.
In the meantime, do you have any suggestions which websites to approach for trying my luck with Nominee programmes. Totally cool, if you don’t know of any.

Once again, thank you for the prompt response.
I am not sure of the provinces which would be open now, you can check their individual website for more details, this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp has the links to province's websites.

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Stanlee said:
I am not sure of the provinces which would be open now, you can check their individual website for more details, this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp has the links to province's websites.
Great Thank you. as I was browsing through the links, I noticed something known as EOI, can you detail what does this mean? This is my last question :D

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jessy_canada said:
Great Thank you. as I was browsing through the links, I noticed something known as EOI, can you detail what does this mean? This is my last question :D
EOI stands for Expression of Interest, check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-10-28b.asp.

subhash600

May 29, 2016
stan
do i have to get ECA for high school certificate as well
as i have only 12 years of education i.e Higher secondary from india

pls advice

thanks for being a star to all newbies

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
Hello all
I have been reading post on this forum regularly and very impressed by how everyone is willing to help eachother..
Coming to my situation
I created my express entry profile last year and got PT of interest from Ontario...applied to Ontario right away ....I got married in March 2016..informed OINP about it .as my spouse will not accompany me to Canada as of now(He has to give few exams and re-take his Ielts exam)..got my nomination in April 2016..accepted it right away....600 points got added and finally I got iTA on May,6
I was very excited gathered everything all documents.Although I was a bit doubtful about my police certificate because I did my graduation from China and police certificate was issued to us at the end of our graduation in march 2012, however I chose to live there till may 2012 because we need around 1-2 month time to get our credentials legalised at Indian embassy, Beijing and also I thought this was the last time I will ever get a chance to be with my friends and enjoy college life.So the thing was my police certificate said I have no criminal record till march 2012 whereas i resided in China till may,2012..Ignoring my strong doubt about this and after few friends who dela with immigration it's going to be okay I submitted what i had alongwith all other documents and fees for PR on 2nd July...and my application got rejected on 6th July due to the the very same reason I feard...it was my China police certificate..it was all my fault to begin with
Now, I have created new express entry the very next day and have found someone in China to get fresh PCC for me But I have few doubts now:-
1. As Ontario had nominated me in my old EE profile,..I informed them about my status and requested to transfer nomination to my new EE profile ...they replied to me saying they will review my application and asked few documents from my end which i have sent to them...but I am worried how long will it take to reach a decision ??Can they also decide to cancel my nomination ???
2. I am also worried that if Ontario takes time to transfer nomination to my new EE profile ..it would mean all the documents which I have gathered including the ones for proof of funds, letter of references from seniors will get old and CIC may raise a objection if I submit the old ones...and running after my senior consultants to get them signed in fresh date the third time (1st one was for Ontario,second for PR and now again after new iTA)will make my situation bit awkward..
3. Can i submit my LOR that i got signed only a month ago??Does every single bank document needs to be in fresh date??
4. Having been rejectd once..I am afraid what else they can put a objection on???Any suggestions in order to avoid missing anything that I might have otherwise???
5. Lastly I chose to make my sister who is a Canadian citizen ..my representative..which is better to go for ..a desginated individual or a representative and where do I upload use of representative or use of deignated individual form??are there any other documents to be shown for use of representative/designated individual except for the respective forms??
waiting eagerly for a reply..
:)

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
Forgot to seek advise on one more thing....is there any use of hiring a immigration lawyer at this stage??My sister is so devastated that CIC bluntly rejected the application for one missing document that she feels maybe we should hire a immigration lawyer now..but I feel that hiring one now when 95% things are done is like paying millions for nuts...suggestions??

Deutschland

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Hello friends,

I will be very grateful if someone could answer my query. In the post ITA form, we are asked to fill all our addresses in the past 10 years. I went to Dubai for my vacations for a period of one month. Do I need to mention my hotel address in the form. Thank you.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Deutschland said:
Hello friends,

I will be very grateful if someone could answer my query. In the post ITA form, we are asked to fill all our addresses in the past 10 years. I went to Dubai for my vacations for a period of one month. Do I need to mention my hotel address in the form. Thank you.
Yes you need to include the address where you have lived that time,don;t leave any gap while filling in address history and travel history otherwise your forms wont complete.
Good luck

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Deutschland said:
Hello friends,

For any trips or vacation outside your country of origin or residence, you can mention it under Travel History. Since you were on vacation, you need not mention your Dubai hotel address in Address History. The address for the period under question shall still be the same address in which you were residing before you left for Dubai and returned (provided both are same).