+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

wjiajia1115

Feb 23, 2016
I am AOR Nov 20, still waiting. I called IRCC this morning. The agent told me my application is finalized by Ottawa yesterday, but had no idea when RFV email would be sent out. Guys, usually how long does it take to send out the email after the application is finalized?

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called IRCC this morning. 'Everything looks good but not finalized'........ Just sad. Will order GCMS notes this Friday.

Maggiechen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
I am pnp islander, Aor17 Nov, IP2 on March 23d, still waiting. I called agent today, she said my security check is in progress. I was shocked as I thought IP2 means security check done and waiting for final review. Am I wrong?

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am pnp islander, Aor17 Nov, IP2 on March 23d, still waiting. I called agent today, she said my security check is in progress. I was shocked as I thought IP2 means security check done and waiting for final review. Am I wrong?
IP2 generally means Medical, R10 and A11.2 are done. Did she say anything about whether it will end up taking more than 6 months? AFAIK, all the apps with extra security check takes over 6 months.

Ahmad Shqair

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My primary visa office is Paris. I haven't raised CSE yet. I will do it tomorrow as it will officially reach the 180 day mark. But to be honest, I don't think it will lead to anything because at best, they will tell me that they are processing security, which is something I already know. I am planning to request another GCMS note as well. I will update you once I get them.
when your BG check changed to processing?

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how do we find out about the BG IP and all. mine only says that it is in progress.
If you had checked it frequent enough, you could've witnessed a time period where it said 'Not Applicable' or 'Not Needed', which happens between 1st and 2nd BGIP. Some people only have 1 BGIP. It depends on the agent working on your case.

bikrambedi77

May 10, 2017
If you had checked it frequent enough, you could've witnessed a time period where it said 'Not Applicable' or 'Not Needed', which happens between 1st and 2nd BGIP. Some people only have 1 BGIP. It depends on the agent working on your case.
oh okay thanks. damn now I am getting restless

Maggiechen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
IP2 generally means Medical, R10 and A11.2 are done. Did she say anything about whether it will end up taking more than 6 months? AFAIK, all the apps with extra security check takes over 6 months.
THANK you for your reply.
She sounds like she is not sure what is exactly going on with the security check. And she did not mention there is addition check. But she said in general the security check takes at least a month, normally two months. But this does not make sense to me, because if Ip2 means they start security check and it takes minimum a month, how does it explain that many cec applicants have ip2 the same day of PPR?

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THANK you for your reply.
She sounds like she is not sure what is exactly going on with the security check. And she did not mention there is addition check. But she said in general the security check takes at least a month, normally two months. But this does not make sense to me, because if Ip2 means they start security check and it takes minimum a month, how does it explain that many cec applicants have ip2 the same day of PPR?
IP2 change is very agent dependent. Some people don't even have it. So, it's not a very precise way of predicting things. Best way to know about each step would be ordering GCMS notes.

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
IP2 change is very agent dependent. Some people don't even have it. So, it's not a very precise way of predicting things. Best way to know about each step would be ordering GCMS notes.
Plus with the recent changes in IRCC's system, we are no longer able to know if there's ever an IP2 happens.