22-05-2017
Amu7809 said:
Assessments:

Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started.
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Hi seniors members,

just for my curiosity, can someone explain the difference between the steps "Security" and "criminality" as mentioned above ?

Thank you in advance.

wengehua

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Amu7809 said:
Hi Buddy,

Do you have any idea why its only recommended passed? This makes me worry.

AOR: December 3rd
Medical Passed: Feb 3rd
BG: No info for that as my lawyer is representing on my behalf.
Don't worry at all man. This is how it works. IF you see GCMS from others, everybody is recommended passed. So A11.2 recommendation passed and your case is ready to finalize and then security check. One officer will review your case again while finalize your case. So no worries at this word. relax!

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Amu7809 said:
So, it means there is still a chance I may get rejected on eligibility part until other officer agrees.
Not sure how often they disagree with case analyst opinion. Do you have any idea buddy on this?
It is highly unlikely at this point. BTW my application status is exactly like yours.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
PonJoub said:
Hi seniors members,

just for my curiosity, can someone explain the difference between the steps "Security" and "criminality" as mentioned above ?

Thank you in advance.
From what I know, criminality is passed mainly based on your PCC as what I have noticed from my GCMS notes. Security however is a more rigorous background check which may take a few months.

Here is a more detailed explanation by another member:

SenoritaBella said:
They are not the same. Security is checking whether you are a threat to Canada e.g. terrorism, hacking, crime against humanity, war crimes, etc. Criminality is checking your police clearance certificates, etc making sure you do not have convictions for crimes that would make you inadmissible to Canada.
It's hard to know when CIC initiates criminality and security checks. When CIC receives your application, the police record checks are good for 1 year from that date. If they expire before CIC is done processing your application, they may request new one. For security, it's hard to know anything since the information/results are classified.

Yamama

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaraSmi said:
That VO was for PNP application which i did in Toronto. True only PNP's are taking more time. Hey but how did you know which VO office is your file submitted?
I did not get any such email.
it doesn't come on emails .. i knew from this forum that Ottawa and Sydney are 2 CPCs for CEC stream in Canada. so i just called to CIC callcenter and confirmed which VO is dealing my application and they confirmed its .. Ottawa

you may also consider calling them if you are an inland applicant. especially ontario

john.smith

Nov 3, 2016
Hello Group members,

I'm reaching out to you for your help in issue which I'm facing with my application.

I had filed my application under CEC category and recieved "Ready for Visa" mail on Feb 22nd.
But at the time of AOR I was in Canada and by the time I recieved this mail I had moved to India.

So i had sent a mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa id informing them about the address change but dint receive any mail yet with updated instructions to send passport to NDVO.
My 30 days deadline for submitting the passport has already been missed. Will it impact my application?

Please advise on the next steps.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
Sourabh

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
PonJoub said:
Hi seniors members,

Thank you in advance.
Criminality is based on the PCCs an applicant submits and usually happens after R10 and before eligibility is passed.

The Security or a BGC is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
legalfalcon said:
Criminality is based on the PCCs an applicant submits and usually happens after R10 and before eligibility is passed.

The Security or a BGC is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around.
thank you

what about we're past 110 days mark? what is expected to be pending henceforth?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
PonJoub said:
Hi seniors members,

Thank you in advance.
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

Qorax

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
wengehua said:
Don't worry at all man. This is how it works. IF you see GCMS from others, everybody is recommended passed. So A11.2 recommendation passed and your case is ready to finalize and then security check. One officer will review your case again while finalize your case. So no worries at this word. relax!
Thank you buddy! I hope soon we will have PPR.

iceblue2000

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2016
Doc's Request.
02-12-2016
AOR Received.
12-08-2016
PPR Recieved March 22 2017 Finally ;D ;D

Application sent January 9 2017

CEC Inland

CRS 561

Feels so good !!!

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
mikek27 said:
OINP PNP Inland (Currently residing in Calgary)

AOR : Dec 28 2016

Updates: only the background check changed from "Not Applicable" to "Your application is in progress, the next step is to conduct a background check."

When I ordered my GCMS notes back in February 16, I got a reply on March 2 saying that "the file in question is not at the permanent residence stage yet".

So I ordered another one last week.

My question is, do you guys think my e-APR has at least passed the R10 completeness check yet ? Could they cancel application based on missing documents after 90 days ?

I got a quick reply from CPC-O a few days ago stating that my application is being processed at the Centralized Intake Office in Nova Scotia.
R10 check is generally completed within 1-1.5 months of receiving the application... However, given the exponential increase in the number of ITAs recently (almost 5 fold), standard processing times may have changed and R10 check may be taking longer... You never know..

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017

FoodieG

Mar 20, 2017
Hello all received my passport request letter (PPR) in MyCIC account today.

Here's my timeline:
FSW - Outland
AOR - 31st December 2016
Medicals passed - 15th Jan 2017
Additional docs request - 18th Jan 2017
Docs submitted- 8th Feb
Background check --> NS to IP - 30th march (29th march in Canada)
PPR - 30th march (29th march in Canada)