+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi

I emailed the POS office and was told that my application is still being processed and will be informed if any additional documents are required. I have been at the LVO for 2 months now. :( no sight of PPR yet. I have been NA2 since Aug 28.
Dis anyone else get a response like this from POS and receive PPR and if so how long?
Eagerly waiting.

Adinsingh

Nov 9, 2017
Hi Guys . So I received the ppr request tonight . :)
I need your advice . My passport as of yesterday expires in 6 months .
Is it safe to send in a passport with less than 6 months validity ? do I email them and ask ? or is it silly to raise and issue that may not exist

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi

I emailed the POS office and was told that my application is still being processed and will be informed if any additional documents are required. I have been at the LVO for 2 months now. :( no sight of PPR yet. I have been NA2 since Aug 28.
Dis anyone else get a response like this from POS and receive PPR and if so how long?
Eagerly waiting.
I am na2 since Aug 9 and aor july 28 ... I email for a status update but no responses yet ...but above adinsingh got ppr request so they are working.. we just have to wait

Reactions: SheFer92

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
I am na2 since Aug 9 and aor july 28 ... I email for a status update but no responses yet ...but above adinsingh got ppr request so they are working.. we just have to wait
Yeah I agree, although its hard, waiting is all we can do I suppose :) thank you for your response :)
wish you and everyone else waiting all the best and hope we hear good news soon.
Merry Christams

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Yeah I agree, although its hard, waiting is all we can do I suppose :) thank you for your response :)
wish you and everyone else waiting all the best and hope we hear good news soon.
Merry Christams
Thanks much .. same to you. i hope cic sent us our ppr as our Christmas presents

Reactions: SheFer92

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Is it safe to send in a passport with less than 6 months validity ? do I email them and ask ? or is it silly to raise and issue that may not exist
congrats.... did your PPR email say it has to be valid for 6 months? cause i have seen some that says this................ I actually have the same issue i havnt gotten ppr yet but my husband passport will expire in 6 months so i am thinking of getting it renew now.

malican

May 24, 2016
Congratulations! What a great feeling. Below is the answer to your question and is an extraction from my PPR letter:

'Your passports must be valid at least one month beyond the date of your medical exam'

This means you can submit your passport for stamping although you have 6 months left. However, note it is dependant on your when your medicals expire. So please check the date before submitting. Also if you wish to get your passport renewed before I would not recommend as the current passport turnover time is very long and unpredictable and you only have 1 month to send in your passport for stamping (unless you ask for an extension).

Last edited:

Adinsingh

Nov 9, 2017
Congratulations! What a great feeling. Below is the answer to your question and is an extraction from my PPR letter:

'Your passports must be valid at least one month beyond the date of your medical exam'

This means you can submit your passport for stamping although you have 6 months left. However, note it is dependant on your when your medicals expire. So please check the date before submitting. Also if you wish to get your passport renewed before I would not recommend as the current passport turnover time is very long and unpredictable and you only have 1 month to send in your passport for stamping (unless you ask for an extension).
Hi guys .. my email does not state neither 6 months validity nor one month after medical . But it is going to expire more than one month before my medical expires anyway .

I was able to get an appointment and showed my ppr letter and applied for an expedited . They told me beginning of January it should be ready .

I was going to send in my current passport as I think it will be accepted and worse case scenario wait till they ask for the new one .

However now when I get the new pp do I send in both at the same time ? Or write an email letting them know ?
For some reason I am of the opinion not to harass them unless it cannot be avoided ..

Thanks guys .

Adinsingh

Nov 9, 2017
congrats.... did your PPR email say it has to be valid for 6 months? cause i have seen some that says this................ I actually have the same issue i havnt gotten ppr yet but my husband passport will expire in 6 months so i am thinking of getting it renew now.
I went to the chaguanas office .

SteelCourage

Nov 21, 2017
You can get an expedited application just print off the letter that you got with the ppr. It is a very valid reason to get an expedited passport. You pay the fees I think it was either 300 or 500tt. You usually get your passport back in 7 to 10 days. You would be also getting a 10 year passport as well. I recommend getting it renewed before sending it off to the Canadian high commission. I renewed mines but before I got the ppr because mines was expiring this month. I think you should take a trip to the passport office in Port of Spain. Research the application form you need online through the government website it will also tell you if you need to get passport sized pictures etc. now is a pretty tough time in Trinidad because most of those government offices will be wrapping up stuff for Christmas but you can still try. Hell I would feel horrible if they sent back your passport and they told you to do it anyway before they can apply the counter foil in your passport.

SteelCourage

Nov 21, 2017
Hi guys .. my email does not state neither 6 months validity nor one month after medical . But it is going to expire more than one month before my medical expires anyway .

I was able to get an appointment and showed my ppr letter and applied for an expedited . They told me beginning of January it should be ready .

I was going to send in my current passport as I think it will be accepted and worse case scenario wait till they ask for the new one .

However now when I get the new pp do I send in both at the same time ? Or write an email letting them know ?
For some reason I am of the opinion not to harass them unless it cannot be avoided ..

Thanks guys .
I didn’t see this post. Lol. I think you made the right move. Well if you applied for a new passport when you go to collect the new one they snip the edges of the old one and cancel it so it will not be valid.

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day All,
My passport was received on Dec 11 2017. I have not heard anything yet. Anyone here waiting on passport to be stamped?

SteelCourage

Nov 21, 2017
Good day All,
My passport was received on Dec 11 2017. I have not heard anything yet. Anyone here waiting on passport to be stamped?
From everyone's experiences thus far it usually takes 7-10 business days for them to process your passport and approve your application on the cic website. Depending on which carrier you went with I think you should be seeing something pretty soon. It took 12 days for me in November.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Good day All,
I am still waiting. They received my passport on Dec 01. Have you heard anthing?