+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

Tamie_British

Feb 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
June 29, 2017
Hey guys, I have been following your posts and they have been very helpful on my journey. Here are my timelines.

Express Entry : Joined pool on 8th August

Stream : FSW-O

ITA : 9th August

Application Submitted : 9th October

AOR : 10th October

Medical Exam passed :12th October

Background Check stats changed so fast I couldn’t even record them

Additional document required : Travels. October 19th

PPR : 1st November ( Email sent directly from Canadian High Commission)

Passport sent off to the Canadian High Commission : November 3rd

Passport with counterfoil and CoPR in hand : November 15th
congrats !!! when did your Final decision change from "your application is in progress" to "approved", before or after you received your passport in hand ?

SteelCourage

Nov 21, 2017
hi I am fsw-o and aor July 28 2017
Okay nice. Everyone’s case is not the same so I guess it’s just to wait the wait. Usually the POSVO takes between 1 month and 3 months to process applications as I have seen from other posts here. If you want to find out exactly where your application is you can sign up for GCMS notes. Maybe you can get some peace of mind there and realize that you are pretty close to getting a PPR.

SteelCourage

Nov 21, 2017
Welcome and congratulations all at once! This was super quick. I assume would not know the LVO... but if it is POS; they are working just fine!
It was POS. The PPR email came directly from them as well. I am truly thankful that everything worked out pretty well.

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Okay nice. Everyone’s case is not the same so I guess it’s just to wait the wait. Usually the POSVO takes between 1 month and 3 months to process applications as I have seen from other posts here. If you want to find out exactly where your application is you can sign up for GCMS notes. Maybe you can get some peace of mind there and realize that you are pretty close to getting a PPR.
Thanks I email pos vo they indicate it in the line for reveiw so I wait n see

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
Hi guys, passport and CoPR delivered by Fedex to me in Kingston, Jamaica today!

Based on the tracking information, the LVO sent the documents out on Monday and they went to Puerto Rico, Tennessee and Miami before getting here, hence the 48-hr turnaround.

The passport was sent on Friday, the 10th of November and got to Trinidad on Monday, the 13th. According to the documents, the CoPR was issued on the 16th.

I should point out that I ended up using two different couriers during the process: DHL to get the passport to Trinidad and FedEx to return them. The reason is that I had a very difficult time setting up a FedEx account on the day that I went to send the package to Trinidad. I tried a million times and the damn system would not allow the account to be created.

I ended up going to DHL and allowing myself to be persuaded that- although they do not offer the return envelope service- it was perfectly ok to use their services and simply liaison with the Embassy to get a "passport ready" alert. Upon receipt of that alert, DHL would go back to the Embassy and pick the package up with an authorization letter from me to say that I would bear all costs associated with the pickup (since I would not be able to pay DHL in advance).

So, the package was sent via DHL on the 10th and received by the Embassy on the 13th.

Around midday on Wed, the 15th, the Embassy emailed to say that I had three days to provide a courier account number failing which my PPR application would be refused. Of course, panic set in and I fled to DHL with the letter in hand. There, I was once again persuaded that I just needed to liaison with the Embassy to get a "passport ready" alert as DHL did not provide pre-paid account numbers.

I emailed the Embassy and told them as much and advised them in no uncertain terms that I would bear ALL costs associated with the shipment. However, even as I sent the email, I still was in doubt about this process which was completely out of line with what the Embassy had stipulated.
That same night, I attempted- for the millionth and one time- to set up a FedEx account and lo and behold the system generated an account number!I immediately emailed the Embassy again and advised them to disregard my previous email and to please use FedEx account # XXXXXXXXXX and to deliver the passport etc to address YYYYYYYYY and apologies for any inconvenience caused and please accept my humble apology etc etc.

On Thursday, the 16th, I checked my CIC account and saw the counterfoil information and on Friday, I got an email from the "donotreply@cic.gc.ca" email account that said my account had been updated. Then, as stated before, on Monday the package was mailed out (of course, I did not know until today when I got the package since the Embassy did not respond to either email that was sent on the 15th) and TODAY, I RECEIVED MY CoPR!!!

Thanks again @malican for creating this thread and being so informative and supportive throughout the entire process! It was so wonderful finding this thread and knowing that as Caribbean people, we had our own little space in this forum to commiserate with and encourage each other. Thanks @Jamaicangirl88 for your informative posts and thank you to everyone else who has taken the time to make a post. It's been fun reading while I waited for this day.

I'll check in occasionally so if anyone has any questions, just send me a message. Good luck and God bless!

ShanJam

Nov 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
17-08-2017
Yup! Jamaicangirl seemed to have had a bad experience. You can't stay with persons too long. Because they might be good at first... but as you look it's a problem. I'm not worried about you though. Things worked our so beautifully already. Just start applying for jobs. Most are willing to do Skype interviews .

There's a jamaican whatsapp group if you want to join. I'll pm the link.
Hi I would like to join the Jamaican whatsapp group.I am new to the forum with AOR August 17.

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi All

Today My additional documents changed from We are reviewing the additional documents to No additional documents required, what does this mean? Can I take it as a positive thing to expect PPR soon? Any thoughts are much appreciated :)

Timelines as follows;
AoR - Aug 10
MEP - Aug 23
NA2 - Aug 28
Transfered to LVO - Oct 19 (found out through email on this date that it was transferred to Port of Spain for processing)

I have been NA2 since Aug 28 and no other updates since then till today (Nov 27).

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hey guys, I have been following your posts and they have been very helpful on my journey. Here are my timelines.

Express Entry : Joined pool on 8th August

Stream : FSW-O

ITA : 9th August

Application Submitted : 9th October

AOR : 10th October

Medical Exam passed :12th October

Background Check stats changed so fast I couldn’t even record them

Additional document required : Travels. October 19th

PPR : 1st November ( Email sent directly from Canadian High Commission)

Passport sent off to the Canadian High Commission : November 3rd

Passport with counterfoil and CoPR in hand : November 15th
OMG! That was extremely quick! Congrats!

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hi All

Today My additional documents changed from We are reviewing the additional documents to No additional documents required, what does this mean? Can I take it as a positive thing to expect PPR soon? Any thoughts are much appreciated :)

Timelines as follows;
AoR - Aug 10
MEP - Aug 23
NA2 - Aug 28
Transfered to LVO - Oct 19 (found out through email on this date that it was transferred to Port of Spain for processing)

I have been NA2 since Aug 28 and no other updates since then till today (Nov 27).
Well for me I was at NA2 for over 3 months! But since your application is already at the LVO i would expect good news soon! Good Luck!

Reactions: SheFer92

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Well for me I was at NA2 for over 3 months! But since your application is already at the LVO i would expect good news soon! Good Luck!
It has been less than 1.5 months since it transferred to the LVO, but almost 4 months since AOR.
I guess I will just be patient and hope for the best
only about 9 more weeks for the 6 month processing mark. Fingers crossed :)

Thank you for your response and kind words

malican

May 24, 2016
hey guys is the trinidad visa office going on break for chistmas? if so when?
I do not recall POS VO going on a break last year. They observe the usual public holidays around that time - Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years. But bear in mind the entire of T&T is on a go slow during the holiday period.

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
I do not recall POS VO going on a break last year. They observe the usual public holidays around that time - Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years. But bear in mind the entire of T&T is on a go slow during the holiday period.
Thanks I will just make up my mind that I will not hear from them till next year