+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exploring Fast-Track Immigration Options for H-1B Holders Moving to Canada

sindhuagarwal

Nov 10, 2023
I am currently on an H-1B visa in the United States and have been contemplating the idea of relocating to Canada for various reasons. I've heard that there are fast-track immigration options or work permit possibilities for individuals in situations similar to mine.

I'm seeking advice and insights from those who have experience or knowledge about the immigration process from the U.S. (particularly H-1B holders) to Canada. What are the key steps involved? Are there specific programs or pathways that expedite the immigration process for individuals in the technology or professional sectors?

Additionally, I'd appreciate any tips or considerations that could help ease the transition and make the immigration process smoother.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently on an H-1B visa in the United States and have been contemplating the idea of relocating to Canada for various reasons. I've heard that there are fast-track immigration options or work permit possibilities for individuals in situations similar to mine.

I'm seeking advice and insights from those who have experience or knowledge about the immigration process from the U.S. (particularly H-1B holders) to Canada. What are the key steps involved? Are there specific programs or pathways that expedite the immigration process for individuals in the technology or professional sectors?

Additionally, I'd appreciate any tips or considerations that could help ease the transition and make the immigration process smoother.
The fast track program is closed and it is not known whether it will open again.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/h1b.html#

So research Express Entry or PNP immigration programs based on your age, education, experience, language and funds. You need ECA and IELTS to submit a profile. This is not a fast process unless you have a high score to be invited.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
The fast track program is closed and it is not known whether it will open again.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/h1b.html#

So research Express Entry or PNP immigration programs based on your age, education, experience, language and funds. You need ECA and IELTS to submit a profile. This is not a fast process unless you have a high score to be invited.
Use CRS calculator (assuming best case like top IELTS score) to get a base case score and compare it against recent express entry draws. One also needs minimum points to create a EE profile (post IELTS tests etc), keep that in mind. If the EE profile is good and CRS score is less, try PNP. Another option is inter company transfer (on a work permit). After one year experience, you could try for a PR in CEC (Canadian experience class).

If none works out, keep a close eye as there seems to be a trend towards occupation based invites. Blind CRS scores (just favouring mostly age) hasn't worked out well. Good luck.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Use CRS calculator (assuming best case like top IELTS score) to get a base case score and compare it against recent express entry draws. One also needs minimum points to create a EE profile (post IELTS tests etc), keep that in mind. If the EE profile is good and CRS score is less, try PNP. Another option is inter company transfer (on a work permit). After one year experience, you could try for a PR in CEC (Canadian experience class).

If none works out, keep a close eye as there seems to be a trend towards occupation based invites. Blind CRS scores (just favouring mostly age) hasn't worked out well. Good luck.
OP should first determine eligibility score prior to calculating CRS score.

justinline

May 19, 2009

Are you moving with US job or contract, then check out the Global Talent Stream, there are lot of companies come up who are serving as intermediary to sponsor the LMIA based off of the US job, hire you in Canada under this scheme. There is company called Syndeus and there are many more who do that. Needless to say, there is cost to it, all they market it as no cost to employees, the cost will come out of your billing or salary end of the day.
Also if you have US job, there is Quebec Self Employed program, only problem is French, check whether thay still have language requirements.

Other than that check your CRS score and Provincial nomination programs,