+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explanation for refusal letter

SALum#

Feb 5, 2024
Please I need help to apply for reconsideration as my study permit was refused for the second time for thesame reasons below. I contacted an immigration lawyer the second time with the hope that they will be able to help me but it seems to me they did not.
I summited all the documents to cover the reason for refusal the second time,but guest the letter of explanation did not do a good job.
How do I go about applying for reconsideration.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please I need help to apply for reconsideration as my study permit was refused for the second time for thesame reasons below. I contacted an immigration lawyer the second time with the hope that they will be able to help me but it seems to me they did not.
I summited all the documents to cover the reason for refusal the second time,but guest the letter of explanation did not do a good job.
How do I go about applying for reconsideration.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
Did you order GCMS notes for the firs refusal? So what is your profile (age, job, education etc.)? Program? Funds?

SALum#

Feb 5, 2024
Did you order GCMS notes for the firs refusal? So what is your profile (age, job, education etc.)? Program? Funds?
For the second application I paid an immigration lawyer to assist with compilation.
I am 37 .
I have a more than 5 years experience in jobs.
I have a bachelors degree
And an Honours degree
Got admission in a post baccalaureate in health care management at cape Breton university in Canada .
My husband who was my sponsor presented a bank statement of CAD 56000 including 3 months pay slip.
I Presented a bank statement of CAD15000
My brother presented a bank statement of CAD62000.
I have 3 children who where not travelling with me.
Got properties both at home and abroad .
Etc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For the second application I paid an immigration lawyer to assist with compilation.
I am 37 .
I have a more than 5 years experience in jobs.
I have a bachelors degree
And an Honours degree
Got admission in a post baccalaureate in health care management at cape Breton university in Canada .
My husband who was my sponsor presented a bank statement of CAD 56000 including 3 months pay slip.
I Presented a bank statement of CAD15000
My brother presented a bank statement of CAD62000.
I have 3 children who where not travelling with me.
Got properties both at home and abroad .
Etc.
So what is your experience in health care management? Why Canada for such a program. How does it tie into your career? How much do you make in your job now? Assume your degree is in health care. Brother’s finances are not relevant. So how much does the program costs because if for two years plus accommodations/living expenses, your husband is spending all your savings on you studying in Canada. That leaves only his income and he still needs to support 3 children.

What were reasons for first refusal and what did you change between the first and second applications.

SALum#

Feb 5, 2024
Passed experience is in management.
Venturing in healthcare as my husband is a medical doctor overseas.Plans are to start a family hospital at home which is under construction as stated in SOP with all evidence and documentation.
That’s why I choose health care management suitable for my background studies and future plans.
Brother finance comes in as it’s educational money from late dad ,so it’s just for his keeping as the only boy for our education, stated again in SOP with documentation.
First semester fee paid already.
I own a registered business abroad with employees which still stays running while I study abroad for 2 years all documentation presented.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Passed experience is in management.
Venturing in healthcare as my husband is a medical doctor overseas.Plans are to start a family hospital at home which is under construction as stated in SOP with all evidence and documentation.
That’s why I choose health care management suitable for my background studies and future plans.
Brother finance comes in as it’s educational money from late dad ,so it’s just for his keeping as the only boy for our education, stated again in SOP with documentation.
First semester fee paid already.
I own a registered business abroad with employees which still stays running while I study abroad for 2 years all documentation presented.
So you have no background in healthcare and why do you need to come to Canada to take a healthcare program at a school that has no housing, only international students and courses are in the local movie theatre. Owning a business has nothing to do with the program.
You can ask for reconsideration but you need to show there was an error in law. I see no error in law but talk to your lawyer.

SALum#

Feb 5, 2024
So you have no background in healthcare and why do you need to come to Canada to take a healthcare program at a school that has no housing, only international students and courses are in the local movie theatre. Owning a business has nothing to do with the program.
You can ask for reconsideration but you need to show there was an error in law. I see no error in law but talk to your lawyer.
With post baccalaureate in health care management you do not need a health care background.It’s a management course for those who want to manage a health care facility, and the course comes with internship training which I can only fine in Canada,how I so wish I could get such course in any other country ,I will love recommendations please.
Talking about my business blc you asked about my finance ,not about the course .
That’s why am here to seek advice, whether to reapply or seek reconsideration.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
With post baccalaureate in health care management you do not need a health care background.It’s a management course for those who want to manage a health care facility, and the course comes with internship training which I can only fine in Canada,how I so wish I could get such course in any other country ,I will love recommendations please.
Talking about my business blc you asked about my finance ,not about the course .
Order GCMS notes. Just addressing some reasons for refusal - current business not related to healthcare and able to leave it for 2 years, don’t have enough funds. Take a MBA in health care management. CBU is such a poor school with a poor reputation. It is in the news for showing students going to school in a movie theatre, and international students with no where to live.

Last edited:

SALum#

Feb 5, 2024
Take a MBA in health care management. CBU is such a poor school with a poor reputation. It is in the news for showing students going to school in a movie theatre.
Wow! Really! But the website says otherwise.Yes I did researched for an MBA in health care .But most are either research based or course based with no practicals.But I will think about it.thank you so much.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Wow! Really! But the website says otherwise.Yes I did researched for an MBA in health care .But most are either research based or course based with no practicals.But I will think about it.thank you so much.
As a student studying in this program, your classes will take place in the centre of Sydney’s downtown core at our off-campus Cineplex classroom location.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/retailer-calls-on-cbu-to-do-better-with-international-students-1.6958702

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/lack-of-jobs-forces-cbu-student-to-travel-more-than-three-hours-for-classes-1.6553560

https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-canada/news/cape-breton-university-pushes-back-against-w5-portrayal-as-international-student-recruitment-cash-cows-100840386/

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Don't look at just the school's website. No school will state that they are bad because they want you to go study there.
I think Naturgrl gave you some good references online.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It makes zero sense to apply for the health management course which focuses managing a small heath care facility based on the Canadian medical system. The course makes no sense if you plan on setting up a medical facility abroad. You can easily find someone to teach you to set up a medical facility in your home country especially if your home country has a private medical system. Canada also likely does not believe that you will not attempt to bring your children to Canada if you get approved. Your husband would no longer qualify for SOWP. Where are you currently living and what is your home country? Does your spouse not have a job as a physician in whatever country he is currently practicing.? It makes no sense why a 37 year old would return to school with existing businesses and when their husband is a physician and liquidate all their savings to attend a poor rated university in small town Canada. Your application scream I want to immigrate. Have your children applied for TRVs already?