+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explanation for previously withdrawn application?

Owbu1122

Nov 25, 2023
Hello,

back in December I applied for a study permit in Canada, however, the application was withdrawn as my university failed to verify my letter of acceptance. In short, My university claims they never received a request to verify it however with all the new requirements involved with study permits, I looked into alternative options and came across the IEC working holiday visa. I have received my ITA and am looking to send my application off, I explained what I’ve outlined above when it asked me if I have previously applied for a Canadian visa. Will this be enough or should I attach a letter further explaining in more detail why the study permit application was withdrawn?

Owbu1122

Nov 25, 2023
For reference this is what I wrote when asked if I’d ever previously applied for a Canadian visa: In December I applied for a study permit. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, the application was withdrawn as Red Deer Polytechnic failed to verify my LOA, they claim to have never received a request to verify the letter, however have been quite vague and infrequent with contact to resolve the issue, so I decided to pursue other opportunities. I am excited about the chance to explore and visit Canada and believe the Working Holiday Visa program will allow me to fulfill this dream

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For reference this is what I wrote when asked if I’d ever previously applied for a Canadian visa: In December I applied for a study permit. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, the application was withdrawn as Red Deer Polytechnic failed to verify my LOA, they claim to have never received a request to verify the letter, however have been quite vague and infrequent with contact to resolve the issue, so I decided to pursue other opportunities. I am excited about the chance to explore and visit Canada and believe the Working Holiday Visa program will allow me to fulfill this dream
That is fine. You are coming to work in Canada, not explore/visit.

Owbu1122

Nov 25, 2023
That is fine. You are coming to work in Canada, not explore/visit.
I plan on working full time at a job I will already have arranged for me via a third party company, and use my extensive savings to use part of the trip to explore different parts of the country

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I plan on working full time at a job I will already have arranged for me via a third party company, and use my extensive savings to use part of the trip to explore different parts of the country
Correct. But it is WHV, not a TRV. You should highlight that you are working.

Owbu1122

Nov 25, 2023
Correct. But it is WHV, not a TRV. You should highlight that you are working.
I have changed the final sentance to state “ I am excited about the chance to explore and work in Canada and believe the Working Holiday Visa program will allow me to fulfill this dream”, so it would not be necessary for me to upload an additional letter explaining the situation in further detail?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have changed the final sentance to state “ I am excited about the chance to explore and work in Canada and believe the Working Holiday Visa program will allow me to fulfill this dream”, so it would not be necessary for me to upload an additional letter explaining the situation in further detail?
No you have ITA. You just have to explain that you applied for a study permit.

Reactions: Owbu1122