+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR and how can I get a driving license.Urgent help needed.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is the dead end I am in.

Looks like I have to wait for 2 years to apply for PR card and then get other ID.
I really don’t see any other option, but again, you might consider reaching out to a lwayer that offers a free consultation. I suspect that most members here, no matter how much they may want to offer helpful advice, are not lawyers.

yujue108

Jul 13, 2022
I really don’t see any other option, but again, you might consider reaching out to a lwayer that offers a free consultation. I suspect that most members here, no matter how much they may want to offer helpful advice, are not lawyers.
I just got a consultation from the lawyer of this website. Daniel told me that he had applied for 3 clients renewal on the grounds of covid19. all of them are failed. And when they are rejected by the officer, they lose PR status.

So I will not take the risk.

Seems like that I have to stuck in this circumstance for 2 years.

Thank you, Ponga, and steaky, Tubsmangee, CNP and other members in this website. Really appreciate your help.

pigletliu

Dec 8, 2022
I just got a consultation from the lawyer of this website. Daniel told me that he had applied for 3 clients renewal on the grounds of covid19. all of them are failed. And when they are rejected by the officer, they lose PR status.

So I will not take the risk.

Seems like that I have to stuck in this circumstance for 2 years.

Thank you, Ponga, and steaky, Tubsmangee, CNP and other members in this website. Really appreciate your help.

My condition is same as yours. I get 2 questions.

If we don't have primary ID, can we work in BC?
Other question is about MSP. So can we not see doctor for 2 years until we get pr card renewal?

yujue108

Jul 13, 2022

Other question is about MSP. So can we not see doctor for 2 years until we get pr card renewal?

if you have the SIN, PRs got permenant SINs, so you can work here.

I filled in an application for MSP online and got a mail enclosed with a A4 paper giving me 6 months of coverage, effective 3 months later after landing. but MSP staff said that i can call in for renew before the expiration date of the 6 month MSP coverage.

My two kids were in the same situation like me. but they got five years coverage with a MSP card (no photo)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

1) You need social insurance number in order to work in Canada including BC;
2).You can go see walk-in clinic doctor or emergency room doctor anytime. If you do not have MSP coverage, you will have to pay out of your pocket. You don't have to wait until pr renewal.

yujue108

Jul 13, 2022
I do not have msp or bcid
i am now praying i would not get sick for the next year and workout for a healthy body
if you are in the same situation,you can always buy travel insurance

bxrshine

Oct 20, 2023
Hi, did you renew your MSP when the first one you received expried after six months? have you gotten a driver liscence?

bxrshine

Oct 20, 2023
I do not have msp or bcid
i am now praying i would not get sick for the next year and workout for a healthy body
if you are in the same situation,you can always buy travel insurance
did you renew your MSP when the first one you received expried after six months? have you gotten a driver liscence?