+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experiences with the Cairo Office

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Looking to speak with individuals who have had any experience with applying for permanent residence through the Cairo, Egypt office, either through Family Class Sponsorship or otherwise.

What were your experiences and comments?

thanks,

Salam
Rasha

adam912

Star Member
Oct 11, 2009
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17 th
we are still in the process of filling out the application so no info. but it seems that you are almost done congrats!! hopefully you'll get the passports back with visa soon.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Thanks Adam912, actually my husband has been here for a little over a month already adn he got the visa about 2 months ago...

There is an Egypt thread in the Family Sponsorship thread, keep in touch with how things are going, and if you have any questions, shout :)

salam
rasha

Mike_MRK

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Cairo, Egypt.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
honestly,
I dunno whether all cases takin' that long in the Cairo Office or only my Case, I got my CSQ and Passed the Interview for Quebec in Dec. '08, Applied my File with all the Papers needed including my CSQ paper on Feb. '09, my File Appeared on E-Cas and in process from March '09, and I'm Still waiting for my Medicals to come and the PPR, is it always takin that long to come, all the Quebec Cases are like that, or only my case..

Really I started to get frustrated from all that timelines and ling waiting periods, but nothin to do except to wait and wait and wait and pray it will be done soon..

darkthrone

Jan 5, 2009
algeria
i have the same case but my file stat processing on november 2008 and until now no response

this link may be useful for u

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-que.asp

Mike_MRK

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Cairo, Egypt.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know that dude, but some people with the same criteria as we are have done their Medicals and even got the Visa, and now they're in Canada..
so I don't know about the time periods, just seems it is more random..

darkthrone

Jan 5, 2009
algeria
hope that is just a rondom
but really i confused of withdrawing my file even if passing the criminal check or finding any problem in my experience certificates

is it true?

Mike_MRK

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Cairo, Egypt.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dunno much about the background check or the police certificate or work experience really
but what am thinkin that all the work is done from the Quebec side, regarding background check, work experiences, etc.., have nothing to do mainly with the FSW as you're applying under quebec not under Canada, so Quebec is the one investigating that not Canada as even your points is calculated under quebec system not the FSW..

Let's wish it will be over soon..

Mike_MRK

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Cairo, Egypt.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard that now it takes around 12 months since the processing of the file, honestly I dunno how they calculated that and what it is based on, but am sure there is something wrong, people get them in 6 months, others in 8 months, others in 9 months, now i'm hearing 12 months.., it seems that all the timelines in the cic website aren't accurate at all, seems more random to me, or like everything goin in Egypt, bl baraka :s

darkthrone

Jan 5, 2009
algeria
ok
Do you think that they may delay our processing time over the maixmum (16 months) ?

from my experience i think that they delayed any files has a lot of experience certificates like me or any files has some errors like a mistaken data.

right?

Mike_MRK

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Cairo, Egypt.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the delays either come from being abroad for more than 6 months so they need to double check your records in the country of residence and your home born country, or they might had a lot of immigrants from Egypt this year, so the other part will be sent by the first quarter of 2010, as I think that all the CSQ holder of 2008 should be Immigrated or their papers "Decision Made" by maximum of 2010, they should have that kinda of Timelines for them too, and nope I don't think it'll take more than 16 months (personal opinion), maybe also come delays is coming up for the Christmas time..

I'm expecting by Feb. or March it should be over with, as really it messes everyone plans, regarding work or anything else.. they should consider that..

Doddy

May 1, 2010
Hi everyone,

my file is being processed in Cairo Office since Nov 2009 with status shows " Received by visa office"

while i may move to work in Kuwait very soon !! what may i do in this case ? may i ask for transfering my case to London visa office ? cos Cairo visa office is like a dead body thesedays ...

plz advice. thnx