Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
10-03-2017
Passport Req..
06-09-2017
I dont have experience letters with detailed role/responsibilities. My experience letters are largely cursory and mention designation, dates and are on the letterheads. And unfortunately i cant even get an experience letter for my current job as that would jeopardise my job.
I have gathered all other possible documents to buttress my experience, including salary slips, scans of my company's HR system showing my salary progression and my latest performance appraisal.
For various reasons its impossible for me to approach my previous employers and request detailed roles and responsibilities. I am in a somewhat senior position so some of these conversations are not possible.
So my question is whether there are people who have been successful in securing provincial nominations AND/OR PRs with bare bones experience letters?
cheers!

Redbaron

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
10-03-2017
Passport Req..
06-09-2017
Thanks for the reply dan_and.
I understand the philosophy behind the roles and responsibilities and agree with it as its logical. However given the subjective element in the judgement by the CIC personnel I was wondering if there have been successful cases despite not having detailed letters.
This probably grasping at straws but ....

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
I don't know if there are people who succeeded with only cursory explanations of responsibilities. The best you can do is ask former colleagues, ideally former supervisors, to sign letters with detailed duties, if you can't approach the employers. No matter how benevolent an officer might be, he/she can't approve your application if there is not sufficient information to prove that you performed the duties in your chosen NOC.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Redbaron said:
I dont have experience letters with detailed role/responsibilities. My experience letters are largely cursory and mention designation, dates and are on the letterheads. And unfortunately i cant even get an experience letter for my current job as that would jeopardise my job.
I have gathered all other possible documents to buttress my experience, including salary slips, scans of my company's HR system showing my salary progression and my latest performance appraisal.
For various reasons its impossible for me to approach my previous employers and request detailed roles and responsibilities. I am in a somewhat senior position so some of these conversations are not possible.
So my question is whether there are people who have been successful in securing provincial nominations AND/OR PRs with bare bones experience letters?
cheers!
Without proper roles and responsibilities, applications will be rejected.

Read this thread to see what alternatives applicants resorted to http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html