+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exact masters completion date for BC PNP - SI - International Post Graduate

DiegoLA

Jan 23, 2017
Hello,

First of all thank you in advance for your answers. I was wondering if comeone could clarify something for me regarding the post graduate program completion date for BC PNP - SI - International Post Graduate.

I know that "candidates must submit their registration to the BC PNP within two years of the date shown on their official transcript indicating that they have completed all requirements of the degree or diploma program". And that "the BC PNP does not use the graduation and/or convocation date for meeting the two years deadline to meet education requirements of international graduate/post-graduate category". But the official transcripts from the non-thesis based Master program I completed at SFU actually show three different dates:

-19 December 2014. The master's project completion date shown at the very end of the transcripts (which is often before the end of the last semester, but in a non-thesis/course-based program this project can be completed at any time during any other term, just like any other course in the program).

-2 February 2015. The credential award date, shown on the first page of my transcript (which is the date the Senate approves the recommendation of the faculty to award the degree). It is also the date shown on my degree title and degree completion letter

-The credential confer date or convocation date, like 5 months latter.

From which of these dates should I start counting the two years during which I must submit my registration for the BC PNP?

I know for sure it is not the graduation/convocation date, but I am not sure as to which of the other two would be. The problem is that the masters project completion date has already passed, but I would still be within the 2 years if considering the credential award date; so I don't know whether to register to the BCPNP or save the $550 it costs.

Thank you!

DiegoLA

Jan 23, 2017
Anyone with some relevant informetion, please answer the post above. I need to know before the end of January and the BC PNP will not answer my question as because they cannot pre-assess eligibility.

Cheers!

henryphan

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
The date shows in your graduation letter

It's should be the same in the transcript

DiegoLA said:
Hello,

First of all thank you in advance for your answers. I was wondering if comeone could clarify something for me regarding the post graduate program completion date for BC PNP - SI - International Post Graduate.

I know that "candidates must submit their registration to the BC PNP within two years of the date shown on their official transcript indicating that they have completed all requirements of the degree or diploma program". And that "the BC PNP does not use the graduation and/or convocation date for meeting the two years deadline to meet education requirements of international graduate/post-graduate category". But the official transcripts from the non-thesis based Master program I completed at SFU actually show three different dates:

-19 December 2014. The master's project completion date shown at the very end of the transcripts (which is often before the end of the last semester, but in a non-thesis/course-based program this project can be completed at any time during any other term, just like any other course in the program).

-2 February 2015. The credential award date, shown on the first page of my transcript (which is the date the Senate approves the recommendation of the faculty to award the degree). It is also the date shown on my degree title and degree completion letter

From which of these dates should I start counting the two years during which I must submit my registration for the BC PNP?

I know for sure it is not the graduation/convocation date, but I am not sure as to which of the other two would be. The problem is that the masters project completion date has already passed, but I would still be within the 2 years if considering the credential award date; so I don't know whether to register to the BCPNP or save the $550 it costs.

Thank you!

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
DiegoLA said:
Hello,

Thank you!
I think it says on your transcripts. in my case it was completion of last exam so, i believe dec 19 is your date

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Thank you!
Dec 19 2014 would be the completion date of your program. This is the date you met the requirements for the degree. Later dates are irrelevant, for the reasons you pointed out.

DiegoLA

Jan 23, 2017
I applied for BCPN on january 27th and got nominated. So they must have considered February 2 2015 as my degree completion date.