Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 26, 2014 In Process Aug. 04, 2014 Decision Made Sep. 01, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
Hey guys, its Alex again, here, wanted to ask you those folks in here, who are IN PROCESS or in PPR stage with CEM.

I don't want those folks who got their visas earlier, to hold anything against me Happy Landing to you guys in Canada and all the best to you and your families, BUT question is I don't get how that CEM system works there with these VOs. I see that some January, February and March applicant from 2014 got their visas already yet some folks from last year, take for example months of Sep. Oct, Nov, Dec of 2013 waiting, not to mention those folks from earlier months. At least 5 Jan, 3 in March got their visas, i ask myself what the heck is going on here, aren't they suppose to finish up with 2013 b4 they actually move to 2014, i mean common sense would kick in here i would assume.

Guys i don't want anyone to judge or misunderstand me here. I'm a blessed man to have my wife in my life, shes my everything and i will do anything and everything for her, she my little princess and i will be patience and wait for as long as necessary (not like we have a chice in here :D) But, that uncertainty is eating u away sometimes, is to how these embassies are working, including CEM.

Wanna hear your thoughts, suggestions, experience etc.

Have a wonderful day, may God Bless you and your families and lets all hope that we get to see our family SOON :) :) :)

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application, again on 08-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
I hear you. Outland applications go quicker. Really wishing we applied that way... we could have, but I was a bit selfish and wanted my hubby here. I mean we have 3 children together, we've been married just over 9 years.... if we get denied I may never return to Canada again... and I really love my country. The fact that my husband is not allowed to work is killing him. He wants to support the family.... he hates that I have to work full time and he stays home all day.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
peimum said:
I hear you. Outland applications go quicker. Really wishing we applied that way... we could have, but I was a bit selfish and wanted my hubby here. I mean we have 3 children together, we've been married just over 9 years.... if we get denied I may never return to Canada again... and I really love my country. The fact that my husband is not allowed to work is killing him. He wants to support the family.... he hates that I have to work full time and he stays home all day.
you have been married for nine years and have 3 kids, i suspect the chances of your husband being denied is quite low. where is he from?

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 26, 2014 In Process Aug. 04, 2014 Decision Made Sep. 01, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
peimum said:
I hear you and feel you too ate, its sucks, but what can we do, but wait only, these guys are the ones sitting right there on the thrones, not caring about anyone but themselves. They state they wanna reunite families, but yet its not seen or heard, i mean i;'m not being pessimistic, just being realistic here. And i know lots of folks will agree on that. Either way, i say one day at a time, and i don't wanna say it but patience is the virtue. Good luck to us all.

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
rhcohen2014 said:
you have been married for nine years and have 3 kids, i suspect the chances of your husband being denied is quite low. where is he from?
He is from the states.... if anyone will be denied, it's us... we have really bad luck with everything important.

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
melon82 said:
I hear you and feel you too ate, its sucks, but what can we do, but wait only, these guys are the ones sitting right there on the thrones, not caring about anyone but themselves. They state they wanna reunite families, but yet its not seen or heard, i mean i;'m not being pessimistic, just being realistic here. And i know lots of folks will agree on that. Either way, i say one day at a time, and i don't wanna say it but patience is the virtue. Good luck to us all.
I am usually a very patient person... heck, I sat in a doctors office for 2.5 hours today with my 5 year old, waiting for an appointment that lasted minutes, and I never complained.... but this whole process is hard on our marriage and our bank account. I can not wait until it is all over, and we can be a "happy normal family"

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
peimum said:
He is from the states.... if anyone will be denied, it's us... we have really bad luck with everything important.
nah... i mean assuming your husband isn't a hardcore criminal, i'd say your chances are very high. the rejection rate for us citizens is very very low. just because things haven't worked out in the past, doesn't mean they won't in the future. again, i don't think CIC is going to tear apart a family of 4 and a couple who's been together for 9 years, without significant cause. that would just be a pr and cross-border nightmare for Canada. unfortunately you just got stuck in a nightmare of a process.

keep the faith... you will get through the process successfully!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
melon82 said:
I see that some January, February and March applicant from 2014 got their visas already yet some folks from last year, take for example months of Sep. Oct, Nov, Dec of 2013 waiting, not to mention those folks from earlier months. At least 5 Jan, 3 in March got their visas, i ask myself what the heck is going on here, aren't they suppose to finish up with 2013 b4 they actually move to 2014, i mean common sense would kick in here i would assume.
I think you're vastly oversimplifying the process. Each application is unique - they take longer and shorter times to process depending on a huge number of variables including how well the application was put together, if the application is complete or additional documents are required, the amount of supporting evidence, how obvious it is to the VO if the relationship is genuine or not, how long the security and background checks take based on the person's background, the number of dependents included in the application, etc., etc., etc. Common sense dictates the process can't take the same amount of time for everyone - so naturally there are going to be applications approved for 2014 before some applications from previous years have been approved. CEM is absolutely no different than any other VO in this regard. Your logic only works if every single variable was identical for all applicants - the reality is extremely far from that.

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
melon82 said:
Hey guys, its Alex again, here, wanted to ask you those folks in here, who are IN PROCESS or in PPR stage with CEM.

I don't want those folks who got their visas earlier, to hold anything against me Happy Landing to you guys in Canada and all the best to you and your families, BUT question is I don't get how that CEM system works there with these VOs. I see that some January, February and March applicant from 2014 got their visas already yet some folks from last year, take for example months of Sep. Oct, Nov, Dec of 2013 waiting, not to mention those folks from earlier months. At least 5 Jan, 3 in March got their visas, i ask myself what the heck is going on here, aren't they suppose to finish up with 2013 b4 they actually move to 2014, i mean common sense would kick in here i would assume.

Guys i don't want anyone to judge or misunderstand me here. I'm a blessed man to have my wife in my life, shes my everything and i will do anything and everything for her, she my little princess and i will be patience and wait for as long as necessary (not like we have a chice in here :D) But, that uncertainty is eating u away sometimes, is to how these embassies are working, including CEM.

Wanna hear your thoughts, suggestions, experience etc.

Hi Alex,
I hear ya loud and clear! it's just so frustrating that there's so many later applicants that's been granted their visa and last years applicants is still waiting until now! They stated that they will not process incomplete apps so meaning they received our apps because it's complete and they started processing it but we are still here waiting and know nothing of what's going on with our apps since they do not say anything at all...We just want to know whats going on at last they will just say something and let us know...my husband already paid everything coz they said it will get faster when you pay it ahead of time...but our medical already expired last August 12 until now we do not hear from the VO. what's going on?

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
My neighbors are near the 2 year mark. Sponsorship went through quick, but the second step has dragged on. I am sure hoping ours does not take that long!

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
peimum said:
I am usually a very patient person... heck, I sat in a doctors office for 2.5 hours today with my 5 year old, waiting for an appointment that lasted minutes, and I never complained.... but this whole process is hard on our marriage and our bank account. I can not wait until it is all over, and we can be a "happy normal family"

I so agree with you peimum with what you said...it was all eating us up! this waiting time is really tough! but we just don't have a choice here....but to wait and keep on praying that it will be granted to us soon!

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
scylla said:
I think you're vastly oversimplifying the process. Each application is unique - they take longer and shorter times to process depending on a huge number of variables including how well the application was put together, if the application is complete or additional documents are required, the amount of supporting evidence, how obvious it is to the VO if the relationship is genuine or not, how long the security and background checks take based on the person's background, the number of dependents included in the application, etc., etc., etc. Common sense dictates the process can't take the same amount of time for everyone - so naturally there are going to be applications approved for 2014 before some applications from previous years have been approved. CEM is absolutely no different than any other VO in this regard. Your logic only works if every single variable was identical for all applicants - the reality is extremely far from that.
Agreed. And OP, don't forget that some of those early landings can also be the result of the Yolanda/Haian typhoon "fast track". There is for sure 2 applicants from January that are typhoon victims. The data from the spreadsheets get erroneous because of that.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
carefull what you wish for. I too thought it was faster 'outland'. ----5 years in total !

speedy reunions for all those waiting !!!!!! :)

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
gsize said:
carefull what you wish for. I too thought it was faster 'outland'. ----5 years in total !

speedy reunions for all those waiting !!!!!! :)

OMG! that LLLOOOOONNNNGGGG! 5 YEARS TOTAL!