+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa to go to India

can-dreamz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi All,

Does a minor child (15 years) need to be present along with parents to apply for tourist or entry visa?

Last edited:

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hello, can anyone help with these in entry visa application form?

Citizenship/National Id No. ->Will Canadian driver license number be good?
Countries Visited in Last 10 years -> Does this also include countries visited in Indian passport? (other than India)

can-dreamz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Thanks for the information. When I checked I saw an opening at BLS Toronto. I followed the process and it looked I got an appointment booked, but I did not receive any confirmation email. I'm not sure how to confirm my appointment now.

I am out of the loop with the current process. Is it appointment only or can you walk-in? For walk-in, what is a realistic time to go in the morning? Is it Brampton only or Toronto as well?

How much is the courier service vs. in-person? I called the BLS office but the CSR was not giving a clear answer. It's like he was trying to sell me on the courier option.

Thanks.
You can use this link to print your appointment letter -https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/reprint_vac_appointment_letter.php
You need your passport or appointment number.
BLS Brampton/Toronto is not allowing walk-ins. Only option is postal or appointments.

Reactions: matharo

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
I have sent the Tourist Visa Application to BLS.
Delivered - dec 28
Updated received - Dec 29
Nothing after that... Waiting for an update (dispatched to Consulate)
So my application was rejected on Dec 3rd, saying that the address in current address section and permanent address section should match with ID. My question to them was "why do you have 2 sections if you want both the addresses to be filled same". they dint have any answer for that.
After wasting 10 days, and courier money, I luckily booked appointment on Dec 5th and did a walk in application today. So, today everything was verified at the BLS Brampton and now the status says " application on the way to consulate". Hoping to get is soon !

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
So my application was rejected on Dec 3rd, saying that the address in current address section and permanent address section should match with ID. My question to them was "why do you have 2 sections if you want both the addresses to be filled same". they dint have any answer for that.
After wasting 10 days, and courier money, I luckily booked appointment on Dec 5th and did a walk in application today. So, today everything was verified at the BLS Brampton and now the status says " application on the way to consulate". Hoping to get is soon !
Did Bls rejected it or consulate ? Which office was it ?

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Did Bls rejected it or consulate ? Which office was it ?
BLS rejected it before even sending it to Consulate when they check and verify the documents.

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
Hello,

I just came across this forum, I wish I had known of it earlier. I thought I needed to use surrender certificate for tourist visa, so I waited for it before I applied for my visa :(

My timeline is -
application sent to bls ottawa by purolator post- 18th Nov
ticket by bls after calling them -24th Nov
proccessing in consulate Ottawa after also calling bls three times- 30th Nov
It has been processing in consulate since then and I have no updates since then. I just found out that I can check status on the indiavisa webpage as well and it says processing there as well.

I am supposed to fly to Paris on the 23rd of Dec before I go to India and I am very stressed out because they have my passport. Any idea of when I could expect my passport back with the visa?

Anyone applied through Ottawa, if you gave me an update on your timeline, that would be great!

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Just asking this ,so your born in India come to canada as a PR then obtain Canadian citizenship , you have to give up your Indian passport and if you want to visit India again , Canadian citizens have to apply for a Indian visa to visit , why they just dont have dual citizenship .

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
Just asking this ,so your born in India come to canada as a PR then obtain Canadian citizenship , you have to give up your Indian passport and if you want to visit India again , Canadian citizens have to apply for a Indian visa to visit , why they just dont have dual citizenship .
because India doesnt apply dual citizenship

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
My husband received his tourist visa today (November 29). It was printed and processed last week and then it was out for dispatch this past Friday (November 25). It was held up with Purolator due to weather, and my husband was able to stop it in Vancouver and pick it up directly from the Purolator outlet during a layover in Vancouver (we live in Saskatoon, SK).

My Tourist Visa said it was ready for pickup on Friday. I spoke with BLS yesterday and they said that it only arrived from Consulate on Monday, November 28. They told me there was a shipping delay, because I had not prepaid Purolator (this is incorrect, as I sent a prepaid Purolator return envelope and have the tracking number). They made me pay for another tracking number, so I did to avoid further delay. Today when I looked online at BLS, the tracking number for Purolator was the first one I had provided (even though they said one day earlier that they had never received a prepaid label from me). They say its out for dispatch, but Purolator shows no updates.

When my husband went directly to purolator today on his layover, the taxi driver did not have very good things to say about BLS. At one point the taxi driver said that he was even surprised that my husband got the correct passport.

I am without my passport and have a family emergency and the woman I talked to tonight at BLS kept reciting rehearsed lines and was unable to help me.

I am at the end of my rope.
did you finally get your visa? and when did you receive your passport?