CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hello, have you heard anything back? I applied on July 7th and the status shows processing at consulate general.
yes got it in 3 days! Really amazed at the processing speeds by Indian embassy and BLS!

Sharn@1

Jul 18, 2022
yes got it in 3 days! Really amazed at the processing speeds by Indian embassy and BLS!
That’s really great, good for you. I submitted my application via mail on July 7th, it was at BLS until July 15 and as of now it still shows “processing at consulate general”.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
That’s really great, good for you. I submitted my application via mail on July 7th, it was at BLS until July 15 and as of now it still shows “processing at consulate general”.
i went in person at bls and submitted and by the evening it was sent to consulate and the next day consulate approved and sent it back to bls ... so yeah i was amazed too...

Vedansh211

Jun 6, 2022
Hello,
Need Help to fill out entry visa form. 1st page they ask about citizenship id/ national id #. Here I have to fill Canadian citizenship number or any Indian id number ?

Vedansh211

Jun 6, 2022
i went in person at bls and submitted and by the evening it was sent to consulate and the next day consulate approved and sent it back to bls ... so yeah i was amazed too...
Hello,
Need Help to fill out entry visa form. 1st page they ask about citizenship id/ national id #. Here I have to fill Canadian citizenship number or any Indian id number ?

Sharn@1

Jul 18, 2022
Hello,
Hello, you will need to fill out the Canadian citizenship ID number there.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hello,
You are no longer an Indian so an Indian ID doesn't make sense. I put the number of my citizenship certificate. Frankly it doesn't make sense and maybe you can put your health card number :)

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a 5 year entry or tourist visa now?

Thanks.

nanikumar06

Jul 7, 2021
i went in person at bls and submitted and by the evening it was sent to the consulate and the next day consulate approved and sent it back to bls ... so yeah i was amazed too...
Hi For the BLS Brampton walk-in, If I go at 08:00 AM, Can I get a chance to submit surrender my passport and apply for the entry visa? Also, Can I surrender my passport and apply for an entry visa for my spouse and daughter on their behalf or is their presence mandatory? Thanks in advance.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi For the BLS Brampton walk-in, If I go at 08:00 AM, Can I get a chance to submit surrender my passport and apply for the entry visa? Also, Can I surrender my passport and apply for an entry visa for my spouse and daughter on their behalf or is their presence mandatory? Thanks in advance.
All applications are in person. NO PROXIES ARE ACCEPTED. BLS is rather anal about this. All five of us had to appear in person to submit and collect them back unless you are opting for the courier option.
For minor children, they recommend that both parents be present to collect the documents back. The only exception is for collection of cancelled passport of minor where one parent can go with an authority letter from the other parent. Be sure to include a copy of the identification of whichever parent is not going.
This is my first hand experience.
Also, if you are taking an appointment, make sure that even the minor child(ren) have a personal appointment in their name. We had to leave our minor daughter outside the first time round.

Reactions: ravdeep91

moh2017

Jun 22, 2017
Hi,
I hope you received your visa on time.
Just wanted to know how long did it take.
I submitted in person and its been 7 days.
Application status says "Processing at Consulate General".
Thanks

nanikumar06

Jul 7, 2021
Hi,
I hope you received your visa on time.
Just wanted to know how long did it take.
I submitted in person and its been 7 days.
Application status says "Processing at Consulate General".
Thanks
Hi, Have you submitted the individual application or as a family? If family, one person can submit on behalf of the entire family? Thanks in advance.

Akga

Sep 19, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Need some inputs please :
Do we need to provide any emergency reasons or documents while applying for an Entry visa ?
Also, can we apply Indian Passport surrender + Entry Visa application at the same time ?

Appreciate if someone can provide some clarity on this please ?

diamond2189

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
27-05-2019
Hi everyone. if you can help me out with a little more information regarding the entry visa to India. I am in the process of booking my flight tickets to India in 4-5 weeks from now. Yesterday, I have surrendered my passport and asked the BLS staff about getting the visa to india quickly. They told me to apply for entry visa along with surrender receipt only. Has anyone applied entry visa to India like this. Because it will take me 4 weeks to get my surrender certificate and bls guys told me it is possible. Also how much time it will take to get the entry visa now a days?