+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enough Funds...

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hello,
I am applying for a postgraduate program that lasts for one year at George Brown College, the cost of the program and all of its relative costs (books,etc...) is 14.400$ , now I have two questions:

1- how much money should I have to satisfy the visa officer? excluding the program tuition fees...
2- As I've read the cic website instructions, one of those is "proof of a Canadian bank account, if money has been transferred there". I have a closed friend in Canada, what help my friend can offer about the bank account if I transfer my money to him? Can he simply open a bank account for me?

Please, advice as much as possible with obvious details...

Thank You,

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
harith86 said:
Hello,
I am applying for a postgraduate program that lasts for one year at George Brown College, the cost of the program and all of its relative costs (books,etc...) is 14.400$ , now I have two questions:

1- how much money should I have to satisfy the visa officer? excluding the program tuition fees...
2- As I've read the cic website instructions, one of those is "proof of a Canadian bank account, if money has been transferred there". I have a closed friend in Canada, what help my friend can offer about the bank account if I transfer my money to him? Can he simply open a bank account for me?

Please, advice as much as possible with obvious details...

Thank You,
1. Other than tuition, you have to show 10,000CAD for living expense and cost of air fare and initial settling fee (upto you). Now if you are self funded and doesn't have any dependent, you should be fine showing around $30,000. But if you have sponsor/dependent, you have to have proof of financial stability of sponsor/dependent too. In that case, you should show more money/income/business/etc.
2. It is not required as far as I know. Then again, you should ask your local representatives of CHC for more details on this matter.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
$30,000 !!!!!!!
too much, I don't have this much of money, I can show $15,000 but not $30,000
would visa student be refused then? what to do????

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
harith86 said:
$30,000 !!!!!!!
too much, I don't have this much of money, I can show $15,000 but not $30,000
would visa student be refused then? what to do????
Since you don't have enough money for 1 year expense (you MUST show 1 year expense), they will reject your visa.

What you can do is:
1. Ask someone to sponsor (show rest of the money).
2. Take a loan.

I am expecting that you are going their as self-funded student right?

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
harith86 said:
Yes
1- who can sponsor me? is my friend able to? and how?
2- what is the loan procedure?
1. Anyone who knows you can sponsor - parents/relatives/friends. But if the sponsor is not blood related (father/mother/brother/sister), then he/she will have to present another letter explaining why he/she is providing you the sponsorship. Be advised that, the sponsor will have to show enough money (or income) to prove that even through he/she is sponsoring you, he/she is financially sound after sponsoring you.
2. I am not sure about the loan procedure, you should consult your local bank on this matter.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks for cooperation...

Any link or guide explaining the detailed procedure of sponsorship, I need to know how my sponsor can prepare a letter, how much money should he/she show to sponsor me? when can he show it?
I need to know exact details so I tell him how to do it.. my friend has very little knowledge of all of that

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
harith86 said:
Thanks for cooperation...

Any link or guide explaining the detailed procedure of sponsorship, I need to know how my sponsor can prepare a letter, how much money should he/she show to sponsor me? when can he show it?
I need to know exact details so I tell him how to do it.. my friend has very little knowledge of all of that
Since your friend is sponsoring you, ask him to go to an immigration lawyer to prepare the affidavit, notarize it and send it to you. The affidavit is the main financial declaration which shows the amount of money he have (not how much he is willing to how but he can always cut it down to a desired level) by bank balance/FDR/savings/investments/etc. Remember, since he is sponsoring you, he will also have to show that despite giving you the money, he is able to sustain himself and his dependent financially by showing more money (and/or) income/business. The immigration lawyer can help him to prepare the sponsorship declaration paper too. Simple ask him to contact an immigration lawyer and he will guide him.

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhasan said:
Since your friend is sponsoring you, ask him to go to an immigration lawyer to prepare the affidavit, notarize it and send it to you. The affidavit is the main financial declaration which shows the amount of money he have (not how much he is willing to how but he can always cut it down to a desired level) by bank balance/FDR/savings/investments/etc. Remember, since he is sponsoring you, he will also have to show that despite giving you the money, he is able to sustain himself and his dependent financially by showing more money (and/or) income/business. The immigration lawyer can help him to prepare the sponsorship declaration paper too. Simple ask him to contact an immigration lawyer and he will guide him.
We only need to present a letter regarding that. No affidavit or notary doc is required.

I heard this answer from a VO ( in a seminar in New Delhi) conducted by CHC New Delhi.

GS

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
GS_Stud said:
We only need to present a letter regarding that. No affidavit or notary doc is required.

I heard this answer from a VO ( in a seminar in New Delhi) conducted by CHC New Delhi.

GS
GS_Stud is right. Affidavit is required for showing financial support + since he/she is not your blood relative, you got to submit a paper stating why he/she is willing to sponsor you. Alongside he/she will need to prove his/her financial stability too + photocopies of the financial documents. Sorry if I couldn't make that thing clear initially :(

chigursr

Jun 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
Please clear my doubt, im planning to apply to Univ of Ottawa Masters in Engg (Mgmt). 2yr prgrm.
Course Fee- 12000*2= CAD $24000
Living Expenses-10000*2= CAD $20000
Return Airare= CAD $2000
How much funds should i show, total for 1 yr or entire 2 yrs fund is required, ps advise...
Im planning to take a a bank loan of aroung Indiain rupees 12.5 lacs plus have funds of 2 lacs at present that works out to be around CAD $31500 approx will that be sufficient to satisfy the visa officer.Will i get the visa if i show this much funds or do i have to show more.

sandrakhan

Jul 10, 2011
Hello friends,

this is my first post. so i really expects lots of good friends helping me out.i am from Pakistan.I have recently done MBA financeI want to go to canada for further studies with intention to get work permit afterwards leading to PR.I have prepared all the document got a bank loan and did all the pre-requisities.i have applies for ACCA at LSBF,toronto campus. I want to ask is it worth doing ACCA after MBA finance.? can embassy raise questions on this?
secondly please tell me, would i be able to get post graduate work permit after completing ACCA. would i be allowed to do work alongwith ACCA?
Please reply as soon as possible

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
chigursr said:
Hi guys,
Please clear my doubt, im planning to apply to Univ of Ottawa Masters in Engg (Mgmt). 2yr prgrm.
Course Fee- 12000*2= CAD $24000
Living Expenses-10000*2= CAD $20000
Return Airare= CAD $2000
How much funds should i show, total for 1 yr or entire 2 yrs fund is required, ps advise...
Im planning to take a a bank loan of aroung Indiain rupees 12.5 lacs plus have funds of 2 lacs at present that works out to be around CAD $31500 approx will that be sufficient to satisfy the visa officer.Will i get the visa if i show this much funds or do i have to show more.
You can show 1year/2 year, its totally upto you. But in your scenerio, you got $31,500 which is more than just 1 year but less than 2 years. VO wants to see atleast a year worth of money + proof that you will be able to sustain further years (proof of income/business/more money/property value). I suggest that, if you can manage, get a sponsor and show more money. My suggestion is to always play safe :)

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
sandrakhan said:
Hello friends,

this is my first post. so i really expects lots of good friends helping me out.i am from Pakistan.I have recently done MBA financeI want to go to canada for further studies with intention to get work permit afterwards leading to PR.I have prepared all the document got a bank loan and did all the pre-requisities.i have applies for ACCA at LSBF,toronto campus. I want to ask is it worth doing ACCA after MBA finance.? can embassy raise questions on this?
secondly please tell me, would i be able to get post graduate work permit after completing ACCA. would i be allowed to do work alongwith ACCA?
Please reply as soon as possible
VO will only issue visa to those who have intention to study only. Work permit/PR comes later. But your main concert over here is to get work permit/PR by using study permit for your advantage. That's all I got to say. I suggest you to open a new topic since that will attract proper forum members with proper knowledge in this and discuss about it.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Please, someone make it clear for me...
how much money exactly should I show to the visa officer for the $14.000 1year course? As I said above, I can show $15.000, not more, that's what I have, is it ok? if not, what options should I have "except for loans or sponsorship", what about the bank statement? what is its procedure?

Please, I need to show the visa officer as little as possible, which is also accepted to grant a student visa...
Please Help!