Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
July 13, 2013 at Pearson Airport
hi

Can anyone tell me how is employement verification done. is it done through phone or is there any physical verfication. Because someone told me that CHC New Delhi gives this task to some third party company and sometimes their executives visit personally also to the candidate's employment location. Is there a possiblity that the verification is waived if the all the documents are in order?

Thanks

Reactions: Ylover207

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At CHC Delhi Verification is on random basis and if your documentation is complete and convincing there may be no verification at all.
Verification is mostly by phone, in fact in last one year I have read no case on this forum where the verification was done bu phyisical visit to employers place but lot of people have posted that it is possible as well.

satwant08

Jun 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 12, 2010
AOR Received.
September 9, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS Done
Med's Request
Jan 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 5, 2013, RPRF encashed March 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
July 13, 2013 at Pearson Airport
thanks a lot ankit....

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011 PER / 2nd AOR : September 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
September 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
Interview........
got waived :-)
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Reviving this thread as well...seniors pls comment :)

Regards,
JUNER 2011

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
September 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
JUNER2011 said:
Reviving this thread as well...seniors pls comment :)

Regards,
JUNER 2011
Sorry i am very anxious....pls some senior member comment and share ur knowledge on the issue !
Regards,
JUNER 2011

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In addition to Ankit's suggestion..

Dont be anxious.....you will mess up your chances to succeed.

Phone verification is done by calling the employer followed by the applicant within a short period of time or vice a versa. Sometimes two simultaneous calls occur ...two ppl from cic would call both applicant and employer at the sametime.

They ask questions regarding job duties, performance and anything that was originally written on the reference letters. So, keep your Reference letters handy to cross check.

Mitali

albabeu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-05-2015
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
Soon...
mitali said:

Phone verification is done by calling the employer followed by the applicant within a short period of time or vice a versa. Sometimes two simultaneous calls occur ...two ppl from cic would call both applicant and employer at the sametime.

They ask questions regarding job duties, performance and anything that was originally written on the reference letters. So, keep your Reference letters handy to cross check.

Mitali
Since I am crossing a big dilemma because I'm afraid that if my employer comes to know about my intention to immigrate to canada, I might risk my job, I wanted to ask: when CIC ppl call the employer, do they explain the reason why, so do they say (for instance): your employee has applied to immigrate to canada....etc etc??? I want to be on the safe side, coz I don't wanna risk to be fired in case I am not qualified to go to canada.

ghafoor

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
It is heard that generally verification calls r not made after as long as 16 or 17 months/chance of verification call goes on decreasing as time passes, and after a year or more of docs submission, it is ver very very low. What do seniors say on that, please?

Thanks and regards

Ghafoor

sANJUBABA

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
4131; COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
JUNE 2010
ya, its done by third party n they submit they report to the Visa officer. one very important info i wud like 2 share, be prepared for the telephonic interview , keep everything ready because even a slight mismatch may land u in trouble. Do inform your employer in advance, even s/he sud be well prepared for their call.
all the best

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
September 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
albabeu said:
Since I am crossing a big dilemma because I'm afraid that if my employer comes to know about my intention to immigrate to canada, I might risk my job, I wanted to ask: when CIC ppl call the employer, do they explain the reason why, so do they say (for instance): your employee has applied to immigrate to canada....etc etc??? I want to be on the safe side, coz I don't wanna risk to be fired in case I am not qualified to go to canada.
I agree with our friend albabeu, even i am sailing in the same boat...and fear losing my present job just in case my employer discovers that I intend to immigrate to Canada...
Seniors pls advise...in a great dilemma as application is in RBVO since last 31 days now...can get employer verification any day... ???
Regards,
JUNER 2011

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
September 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
mitali said:

Mitali
Thank you very much dear mitali...I have another query...i do not share a good equation with my previous employer these days. Although he has issued me an employer reference letter for my work, but i am scared he should not spoil my case deliberately (which is not in my control :'( ) and more so...may be he inadvertently says some wrong info/mismatching info comparing to the letter that he issued !!
How do I work around this problem....PLEASE ADVISE...it is rather urgent as 1 month has passed since getting 2nd AOR and my application in RBVO status...i am therefore expecting employer verification any time now
Thanks and regards
JUNER 2011

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
September 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Pulling up the thread :)

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JUNER2011 said:
Thank you very much dear mitali...I have another query...i do not share a good equation with my previous employer these days. Although he has issued me an employer reference letter for my work, but i am scared he should not spoil my case deliberately (which is not in my control :'( ) and more so...may be he inadvertently says some wrong info/mismatching info comparing to the letter that he issued !!
How do I work around this problem....PLEASE ADVISE...it is rather urgent as 1 month has passed since getting 2nd AOR and my application in RBVO status...i am therefore expecting employer verification any time now
Thanks and regards
JUNER 2011
Please remember, you are not the first person to have an un-cooperating employer. Differences do occur at work places..and both or either may not be happy about the situation. Not your fault despite your 100% efforts....

Actually, the best way to get around this situation is to inform the VO initially when one submits the application with a note that - "Your job may be in jeopardy if the employer comes to know about your future re location plans". You still have a chance to inform yourVO when you are in the RBVO stage....send an email, letter, fax what ever possible way and communicate with your VO to inform him accordingly.

If despite your intimation to VO, your employer does get a verification call and does not match up with the reference letter provided, then, the VO's are trained to understand these cases and the applicant gets ONE GOLDEN CHANCE to clarify the doubts. Recently we have seen an applicant on this forum representing this scenario. His name is gautam (dont remember the full ID though) on this forum.

Job verification does not happen to all applicants; only when there are doubts to be cleared by VO or your application is selected for quality assurance :(

Mitali

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
September 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
mitali said:
Please remember, you are not the first person to have an un-cooperating employer. Differences do occur at work places..and both or either may not be happy about the situation. Not your fault despite your 100% efforts....

Actually, the best way to get around this situation is to inform the VO initially when one submits the application with a note that - "Your job may be in jeopardy if the employer comes to know about your future re location plans". You still have a chance to inform yourVO when you are in the RBVO stage....send an email, letter, fax what ever possible way and communicate with your VO to inform him accordingly.

If despite your intimation to VO, your employer does get a verification call and does not match up with the reference letter provided, then, the VO's are trained to understand these cases and the applicant gets ONE GOLDEN CHANCE to clarify the doubts. Recently we have seen an applicant on this forum representing this scenario. His name is gautam (dont remember the full ID though) on this forum.

Job verification does not happen to all applicants; only when there are doubts to be cleared by VO or your application is selected for quality assurance :(

Mitali
Thank you very much,
Your reply has eased a lot of tension mounting on me...as u have rightly said...one should inform about employer non cooperation or risk of losing job along with the application...i wish to put my views..pls correct me if i am wrong..
I think as i have already applied...i am left with a chance to tell this to the VO now through e-mail/letter by post/fax or by using case specific enquiry...but at the same time, i feel that such a request on my part to the VO should not arise doubts in the mind of the visa officer and my already on-track application (pray God its on track pls) gets hay-wired and lands in the wrong (strict) hands whose suspicion gets aroused for no reason..
What do u say?? (tensed again....biting my nails...err...)
Regards,
JUNER 2011

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JUNER2011 said:
Thank you very much,
Your reply has eased a lot of tension mounting on me...as u have rightly said...one should inform about employer non cooperation or risk of losing job along with the application...i wish to put my views..pls correct me if i am wrong..
I think as i have already applied...i am left with a chance to tell this to the VO now through e-mail/letter by post/fax or by using case specific enquiry...but at the same time, i feel that such a request on my part to the VO should not arise doubts in the mind of the visa officer and my already on-track application (pray God its on track pls) gets hay-wired and lands in the wrong (strict) hands whose suspicion gets aroused for no reason..
What do u say?? (tensed again....biting my nails...err...)
Regards,
JUNER 2011
Yes, it might be a red flag for the VO.......but you have your grounds covered by already informing the VO beforehand. If the VO still decides to double check with the employer and finds discrepancy then VO would surely know that there was indeed something wrong between you and employer.

Mitali