+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EMPLOYER WANTS TO HIRE & SPONSOR

nhonoi_b3

Jan 26, 2010
:-\Hi,i am a TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER , my work permit will expire on april 2015 and my current employer can't sponsor me.There's another employer who wants to hire me and sponsor me at the same time...is it possible? And if it is...what's the first step?i really hope it will work..please help. :-[

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The first step is for your new employer to obtain an approved LMIA.

nhonoi_b3

Jan 26, 2010
THANKS FOR THE REPLY SCYLLA..but is it possible that when the new employer applies for the LMIA he will include a letter stating that he is going to hire me and help process my residency?
Because by april next year, when my contract expires i will be sent back home to our country not unless i will be sponsored ASAP and i believe i am running out of time.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your employer will sponsor you for PR (for sure), then an alternative is sponsor you first for nomination under PNP, and in that provincial nomination application request a letter of support. Once the nomination is approved, the letter of support will also be included. Use that to apply for a WP; the letter of support can be used in place of an LMIA for the WP. So while your PR application is proceeding, you can start working as soon as you get the WP.

Note however, the criteria to be eligible for provincial nomination will vary between provinces, and you must satisfy the eligibility criteria first to be able to apply for provincial nomination, even if sponsored by an employer. Also, keep in mind issuance/approval of nominations may also take some time, see if this will fit into your current deadline of April 2015.

.../atb

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nhonoi_b3 said:
Do you mean he will nominate me first (PNP) before hiring me?
You mentioned you have a prospective employer who wants to hire you and sponsor you. I understood here that "sponsor" means sponsor you for permanent residency. Is this correct? Or you meant sponsor you for a WP?

If just to sponsor you for a WP, then - as scylla mentioned - your prospective employer needs to get an LMIA for you first.

.../atb

nezya

May 16, 2010
nhonoi_b3 said:
the prospective employer wants to sponsor me for a PERMANENT RESIDENCY and WP
As I understand you were on your 4th year in April 2015 if this is the case, this is the site you have to read
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-03-24.asp?_ga=1.32688958.1229865345.1407367213

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nhonoi_b3 said:
the prospective employer wants to sponsor me for a PERMANENT RESIDENCY and WP
Well then, if this is the case, then as I mentioned in my earlier reply, you and your employer can go via the provincial nominee, skilled worker route.
- Your prospective employer can extend a job offer for a permanent, full-time job, thereby "sponsoring" you,
- You apply under the provincial nominee program in your province under a skilled worker stream or a stream for those with permanent full time job offers (note - check the provincial nominee program requirements for your eligibility). Your employer may also need to fill in forms included in your application.
- In your provincial nomination application, you request for a letter of support

When your nomination is approved, the letter of support you requested will also be given, and then can be used to apply for a WP to work for the employer who extended you the job offer.

.../atb