+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer refused to apply for VJO (Validated job offer)

Nov 14, 2021
Good morning evening everyone.
I’m a full time employee. Last week I ask many people from HR to help me apply for VJO. They don’t seem to understand my request and replied saying they don’t fill out immigration forms. Which made me very surprised because my company is a very big bank and I thought they are familiar with this.
Could someone please give me some advice on this? I honestly don’t know what to do. I really love this job and I don’t want to apply to others. And even a big company like this don’t help its employee, it’s not guaranteed that If I go somewhere else, they would help.

thank you everyone

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good morning evening everyone.
I’m a full time employee. Last week I ask many people from HR to help me apply for VJO. They don’t seem to understand my request and replied saying they don’t fill out immigration forms. Which made me very surprised because my company is a very big bank and I thought they are familiar with this.
Could someone please give me some advice on this? I honestly don’t know what to do. I really love this job and I don’t want to apply to others. And even a big company like this don’t help its employee, it’s not guaranteed that If I go somewhere else, they would help.

thank you everyone
big banks do not provide VJO for immigration purposes. They would then have to prove they cannot hire anyone in Canada.

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
I’m already employed with them so they don’t have to prove that in the form
what he/she meant is that your employer needs to prove that they cannot hire a Canadian who can do your role so that means they absolutely need you. Sad news is that big companies won’t care about this cause they can easily hire another person. Normally small companies would value you more and they can help you do the VJO.
Options for you is that you can learn French and get level B2 to apply through PEQ -> No VJO needed
Or find another job which cannot guarantee that they can apply VJO for you but at least there’s still a possibility, rather than just staying in this bank with no hope. Good luck to you.

Nov 14, 2021
what he/she meant is that your employer needs to prove that they cannot hire a Canadian who can do your role so that means they absolutely need you. Sad news is that big companies won’t care about this cause they can easily hire another person. Normally small companies would value you more and they can help you do the VJO.
Options for you is that you can learn French and get level B2 to apply through PEQ -> No VJO needed
Or find another job which cannot guarantee that they can apply VJO for you but at least there’s still a possibility, rather than just staying in this bank with no hope. Good luck to you.
Thanks for your reply! But yes now or later I would have to learn French eventually. I still have 3 years of work permit so I hope I have enough time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’m already employed with them so they don’t have to prove that in the form
Yes they do. Big banks don’t support immigration nominations. Like a LMIA, they have to show they cannot hire any Canadians, PRs or those with work permits. Given that they can hire from any province and transfer people among provinces, and hire those on PGWP or open work permits, big banks are not going to go through the process.

Nov 14, 2021
Yes they do. Big banks don’t support immigration nominations. Like a LMIA, they have to show they cannot hire any Canadians, PRs or those with work permits. Given that they can hire from any province and transfer people among provinces, and hire those on PGWP or open work permits, big banks are not going to go through the process.
I’m a little confused given that in the form, they say they don’t have to show their efforts to hire Canadian if I’m already employed.

CTB

Star Member
Apr 26, 2023
I’m a little confused given that in the form, they say they don’t have to show their efforts to hire Canadian if I’m already employed.
The reality is larger companies *unless you are hired as a CEO or another executive position* don't like to offer VJO, because they have to basically argue they you are so important to them that they cannot let you go to hire a Canadian..

you'll have to find another PR route..