+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employed and self employed at same time

magnitude

May 25, 2017
Hello, I m from india,
We are planning to settle in canada,

My wife was working in a Sole proprietorship company for 3 years as an Facility Manager Full time , she has joining and relieving letter, refrence letters, experiance letters for the same, but at the same time she is self-employed (tutor) part time job.

We are paying ITR from 4 years of my wife but in Business category, because she was earning 2,60,000 from full time job and 1,70,000 from part time ( tutor ),

How can we satisy VO , as her ITR Category showing that she is in business

we only have 2016-2017 one year ITR in salary category.

Kindly advise

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
For what reason do you need your wife's proof of salary? Who is the main applicant and which program are you applying in?

magnitude

May 25, 2017
For what reason do you need your wife's proof of salary? Who is the main applicant and which program are you applying in?
Hello,
My wife is main applicant and we are planning for express entry program.
Now that we have filled itr-4, how can she explain to V/O that her experiance is legit. Her salary was 2,60,000 annually.

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience)."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

magnitude

May 25, 2017
"if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience)."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Hi, My wife is a private tutor she teach primary student at our home in the evening as a part time and at same time she was working in a propritership firm and drawn salary in cash . My only concern is that she has filled ITR-4 in previous years instead of ITR-1.

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
Which express entry program are you applying for?

For federal skill worker, she MAY have enough points just from her 3 years experience. In which case she does not need to give proof of her tutoring (which I imagine is cash basis).

How many crs points does she get if she only used her Facility Manager job? If it is above 415 then she does not need to disclose the tutoring job
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Hello, I m from india,
We are planning to settle in canada,

My wife was working in a Sole proprietorship company for 3 years as an Facility Manager Full time , she has joining and relieving letter, refrence letters, experiance letters for the same, but at the same time she is self-employed (tutor) part time job.

We are paying ITR from 4 years of my wife but in Business category, because she was earning 2,60,000 from full time job and 1,70,000 from part time ( tutor ),

How can we satisy VO , as her ITR Category showing that she is in business

we only have 2016-2017 one year ITR in salary category.

Kindly advise

magnitude

May 25, 2017
Which express entry program are you applying for?

For federal skill worker, she MAY have enough points just from her 3 years experience. In which case she does not need to give proof of her tutoring (which I imagine is cash basis).

How many crs points does she get if she only used her Facility Manager job? If it is above 415 then she does not need to disclose the tutoring job
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Hello Advisor_PK,
Her crs points are 430, i agree she dont need to disclose the tutorial job but if Visa officer / CHC Delhi seek her ITR for previous years to check the experience she gained as a facility manager is legit, what would we do then ? because she had filled ITR-4 ( Business ITR) for all previous years instead of ITR-1 ( salaried ITR ) and her salary is not taxable either.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If her score is good enough without the self-employed work experience then do not mention it.

Once you obtain an ITA you then add it in the personal history section and no proof of employment will be required.

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
Whether the salary is taxable or not is not important to CIC. They only look at the work experience letter you will provide for her Field Manager job. If that experience letter has all the necessary info like salary, work hours, detailed job description, etc then you should not face an issue.

You don't need to provide tax documents.

Hello Advisor_PK,
Her crs points are 430, i agree she dont need to disclose the tutorial job but if Visa officer / CHC Delhi seek her ITR for previous years to check the experience she gained as a facility manager is legit, what would we do then ? because she had filled ITR-4 ( Business ITR) for all previous years instead of ITR-1 ( salaried ITR ) and her salary is not taxable either.

magnitude

May 25, 2017
If her score is good enough without the self-employed work experience then do not mention it.

Once you obtain an ITA you then add it in the personal history section and no proof of employment will be required.
How can they give me ITA without showing them any proof of employment . ?

magnitude

May 25, 2017
Whether the salary is taxable or not is not important to CIC. They only look at the work experience letter you will provide for her Field Manager job. If that experience letter has all the necessary info like salary, work hours, detailed job description, etc then you should not face an issue.

You don't need to provide tax documents.
Hello,
I heard from someone that if you are receiveing salary in cash from your employer the CHC will not process your case or reject the case.
From now they are processing those cases whos salaries are credited directly into the account from the employer either by cheque/ECS.

kindly confirm ?