eMedical enabled CIC Panel physicians

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
cec007 said:
I saw a list of CIC panel doctors but wanted to know which doctor is friendly (in your experience) and offer e-medicals with fast turn-around time in Toronto & GTA? Btw, How is Dr Dharmavathy?

Please reply.
Hi CEC,

I went to Dr. Dharmavathy in Scarb, last Friday. I'm in Mississauga so that was my last choice. All other clinics from Kitchener, Hamilton to Mississauga (didn't tried downtown TO...avoiding traffic) were giving appointments after 22nd May.

The doc is great. Very simple check up. Eye sight, blood pressure and just usual medical history questions.
Costs $188 in total:
checkup $135;
blood $15;
x-ray $38...all cash.

All done in 1.5 hrs.

Turn around time, mainly depends on how quickly Ministry of Health returns your blood report. Usually its 4-5 days. In my case, since Monday is off, I'm hoping they will be able to upload everything by next Monday 27th May. But after what rick111 mentioned, i will try to keep calling and reminding the doc.

I will keep you updated.

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Any body know if the below mentioned doctor has emedical facility,though his website mentions that not to bring any photo's.

Dr. Sabetai Grunberg
Suite #203- 1711, 4th Street SW
Calgary, Alberta T2S 1V8
Canada

cec007

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Thanks!
Have you asked doc if she can expedite the process? What all docs are required for med- passport and IMM form...or photos too?

InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi CEC,

I went to Dr. Dharmavathy in Scarb, last Friday. I'm in Mississauga so that was my last choice. All other clinics from Kitchener, Hamilton to Mississauga (didn't tried downtown TO...avoiding traffic) were giving appointments after 22nd May.

The doc is great. Very simple check up. Eye sight, blood pressure and just usual medical history questions.
Costs $188 in total:
checkup $135;
blood $15;
x-ray $38...all cash.

All done in 1.5 hrs.

Turn around time, mainly depends on how quickly Ministry of Health returns your blood report. Usually its 4-5 days. In my case, since Monday is off, I'm hoping they will be able to upload everything by next Monday 27th May. But after what rick111 mentioned, i will try to keep calling and reminding the doc.

I will keep you updated.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I did.. she can't expedite it. Like i said, its the blood report that takes time as it goes to Health Canada. It takes 4-5 days to get the report back from them. That's the only thing that takes time.

You can go with your driver's license, but just keep your passport handy. And just one photo for their records only - any size - even if its bit old..not very old but like 6-12 months old is fine. They will take your digital photos which will be attached to your medical report.

Have you already got the appointment?

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi CEC,

Costs $188 in total:
checkup $135;
blood $15;
x-ray $38...all cash.

All done in 1.5 hrs.

I will keep you updated.

I went to Dr. Dharmavathy's office also, on May 8, couple of weeks ago. As you described, she is very pleasant person, check up was simple and done fast. But I still cannot see the phrase "Medical results have been received" on my e-case file( I thought it only takes up to 10 days with eMedical enabled offices. Not sure if I need to call the doctor, or CIC call centre.. :(

Yum

Jan 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 15, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
gn53914 said:
Andy, Thanks for starting this post. The below Dr. in Calgary has started providing E-medical service since yesterday 26 Mar:

Dr. Grunberg's Office

#203, 1711 - 4th Street SW
Calgary
Alberta
T2S 1V8
Canada

Prices

Medical Examination: $180.00 (Cash Only)
Laboratory (blood and urine test): Approximately $33.00 - $35.00 (please contact laboratory for exact price)
XRay: Approximately $35.00 (please contact XRAY department for exact price)
Refugee claimants do not pay, but must bring valid documentation.
Furtherance Appointments: $30. This is if you need an additional appointment at Dr. Grunberg's office to repeat a test or for an additional consultation.

I am going to try this route once I get my Medical request..will keep the group posted.
Thanks alot Gn53914 for this info. Will def use this Dr for my medicals. I wonder what the waiting period is for appointments.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Hello friends
i went to see a doctor in Casablanca here in Morocco on May 21st 2013 to redo my medical exam.
I did blood work and chest xray,and the Doctor told me he couldn't get me the Medical receipt ,because CIC changed the system since May 13th,and plus i already have an UMI number in CIC system which is unique Medical identifiant,I tried to explain to him that that UMI number is from the previous medical Exam I did 3 years ago with a different doctor and as we know it expires in 12 months.
the doctor's answer is be patient, the medical exam takes time now.i will call you when it's ready,but he isn't sure if the system would let him get this Medical form or no
My question is,if i decide to go and get a new medical exam with another doctor,is this possible?
it's been over than a week we are waiting now,and before it only takes you one day or less to get everything done and get the medical form,
im gonna apply under family sponsorship category,,,im the applicant and my wife is the sponsor
i dont wanna waste more time on simple things like that.

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexpritie said:
Any body know if the below mentioned doctor has emedical facility,though his website mentions that not to bring any photo's.

Dr. Sabetai Grunberg
Suite #203- 1711, 4th Street SW
Calgary, Alberta T2S 1V8
Canada
Yes she has. I got mine done last month.

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yum said:
Thanks alot Gn53914 for this info. Will def use this Dr for my medicals. I wonder what the waiting period is for appointments.
She is generally pretty busy but the best part about booking appointment is: that you manage it 'online'. Use the link below;

http://www.grunberg.ca/book-an-appointment/

Also keep a check on cancellations.. sometime you may get slots freed up, the system updates instantly!

Good luck.

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy2109 said:
Your lawyer is trying to play it safe. CIC does send personalized form with MR. But you also have the option to do it before the request comes from CIC (which has its own pros and cons). Reach out to the CIC empaneled medical physician in your location and ask for getting upfront medical exam done. You simply need to carry your passport, give AOR / UCI number, photos will be clicked at the centre. After the exam, the physician gives you a notification with your photo and bar code printed on it. You need to send it to CIC to be attached to your file.
Just a small correction: You cannot do 'E-medicals' upfront. You need to have IME no. to do so which comes only with personalized medical form. The 8 digit IME has a bar code appended to it which lets the Dr. transmit all your information directly. ( i.e. why you do not need to do any paper work).

However, you are free to do paper medicals upfront in case you wish to do so but I am not a big fan of doing so. Your choice!!

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
green_dc said:
Thanks for sharing this information. I reside in Calgary. I was looking for eMedical enabled doctors here. Your info was very helpful.
So once i get my medical request, i will go with this doctor.
You are welcome. let me know if you need any help, got mine done last month.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
um_dunno said:
I went to Dr. Dharmavathy's office also, on May 8, couple of weeks ago. As you described, she is very pleasant person, check up was simple and done fast. But I still cannot see the phrase "Medical results have been received" on my e-case file( I thought it only takes up to 10 days with eMedical enabled offices. Not sure if I need to call the doctor, or CIC call centre.. :(

Sorry for the late reply.

You may first want to call the doctor again...(and again and again ....at least in my case)..to confirm when they have uploaded your details on the CIC system.

Call center won't be able to answer you. But you can email cpp-ottawa to know if your details are received by CIC.

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
InfoSeeker12 said:

Sorry for the late reply.

You may first want to call the doctor again...(and again and again ....at least in my case)..to confirm when they have uploaded your details on the CIC system.

Call center won't be able to answer you. But you can email cpp-ottawa to know if your details are received by CIC.
Thanks for the advice, will do right now. Did they finally uploaded yours?..