+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

gegehelena

Feb 23, 2018
Yes, I submitted for my PR renewal as well on 20th Dec 2018, and till now no information from CIC.
Thanks for the update
I will also update if i get any news
I am a bit nervous since i am traveling 4 april and its in about 5 weeks
And on the gov site they wrote they are working on the ones they recieved on 27 nov

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Today there has been an update on one of my son's PR renewal application. The status now says "DM". My younger son has the same application date and SR date but his status still remains "In process"

Here are their dates:
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 22, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 19, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 19, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 19, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Reactions: jrjayl

gegehelena

Feb 23, 2018
Hi SRIS
You submitted your application in March 2017 and yoi have not recieved the renewal up to now
Is this the case
So it took almost a year even for the one that they dont ask for secondary review

Thanks

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hi SRIS
You submitted your application in March 2017 and yoi have not recieved the renewal up to now
Is this the case
So it took almost a year even for the one that they dont ask for secondary review

Thanks
They did refer the case for secondary review. This tread is for secondary review cases.

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow you are done with it. I applied last June and went to secondary review and still no status updates...

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Applied last July, went to secondary review, no news at all...
I had applied for two sons of mine in March 2017, both PR card renewal application went into secondary review. On this this month I received PR card of one son and "Decision Made" on ECAS for the younger son. You may have to wait until July for DM

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Steaky
Have you actually recieved your card by now
Also Hi Imamasfar
Did you recieved your new card and is it by mail
Thank you all
Haven't received the card yet. Should be arriving in couple days by snail mail.