+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Rahuldost

Jan 24, 2012
How I get my history travel report to checking my entry and excite from Canada to renew my pr
you can write an email to the embassy of the country you travelled and once they reply that they don't maintain such records you can provide that as proof of correspondence at the same time provide Entry exit stamps of the country you visited ( translation ) along with boarding pass or tickets of your entry exit in Canada and may be credit card bills of the days you were in Canada

Rahuldost

Jan 24, 2012
Hi SRS,

The application was received on 23rd oct 2017.
Got secondary review email on 8th Jan with request for passport copies, supporting document for stay and the record of entires for exit and entry.
Sent the information on 12th Jan.
Status changed to complete on 5th feb.
Province is ontario
at least you have a status change be happy nothing in my case

Medmhn

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
If I renw my pr does they check my entry and excite in canada in them system or they go with what I write. In my new passort I ve only few stamp .bec I.canada they put stemp when.I leave

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
If I renw my pr does they check my entry and excite in canada in them system or they go with what I write. In my new passort I ve only few stamp .bec I.canada they put stemp when.I leave
Both. Indeed, any evidence of dates of exit and dates of entry may be considered in assessing the accuracy of the PR's account.

The assessment begins with, and in some respects ends with, the PR's account. Then other sources of information are considered to determine whether IRCC can rely on the PR's account or whether there are reasons-to-question-residency. Among the other sources, IRCC will consider CBSA travel history for the PR. That is not the only other source IRCC might consider.

If IRCC determines the PR has failed to provide an accurate account of travel history, unless there is other evidence in the record which adequately proves the applicant met the PR Residency Obligation, that can be enough to result in a negative outcome. IRCC does not (and generally will not) prove a PR failed to comply with the PR RO. A negative outcome can be based simply on the PR's failure to meet the burden of proving compliance.

It tends to get more difficult to meet the burden of proof once it is determined the PR's account is inaccurate. It is really important for a PR to be as accurate as possible in reporting travel history. This is why I said that the assessment begins with and in some respects ends with the PR's account. If the PR's account is determined to be accurate (or close enough to accurate to rely on it), that is usually enough. If the PR's account is determined to NOT be accurate, that can be enough in the opposite way, enough to result in a negative outcome.

Medmhn

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
Thank u.but im.worry if when.I aplay to renw my pr.I give.missing or wrong information of travel history.so I dont know that it can.happen.im.thst time if the cic think bad about me ..so plz advise.what sould I do.do I need to wrtie wh

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
How I get my history travel report to checking my entry and excite from canada to renw my pr
You can get travel history from CBSA under ATIP, however, Canada does not register all exits. You will get entrance records. Herein is the problem because if CBSA had all entry and exits records then it would be relatively simple to calculate days spent in Canada. This is the reason they want some PR renewal applicants who are placed in secondary review to submit passport copies and to obtain Entry Exit records from countries that they have visited.

Here is the link to obtain travel history https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 17, 2017.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2017.

3. We started processing your application on July 27, 2017.

4. We sent you correspondence on July 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5. July 31st I got letter saying your application sent for secondary Review

6. August I called the CIC Call enter checking how can they send the file for secondary review without even giving me the time to submit the requested documents the call center said it is an normal practice

7. September 11th I provided Additional Documents asked ( Travel tickets , Copy of passport with translated Stamps credit card Bills etc

I Have not heard from CIC in spite of calling the call center or writing to them any Suggestions or thought process on what to expect next
Same timeline as you.
Secondary Review received August, sent documents September 13, haven’t heard anything yet.

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
at least you have a status change be happy nothing in my case
I wish your case gets processed as well as waiting is no fun. This was for my father a senior citizen and not many entry exits. I had not provided the copy of his passport at the time of applying and may be that’s why they asked. All the stamps for entry and exit were on his passport and all in english.

Reactions: Rahuldost

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Thank u.but im.worry if when.I aplay to renw my pr.I give.missing or wrong information of travel history.so I dont know that it can.happen.im.thst time if the cic think bad about me ..so plz advise.what sould I do.do I need to wrtie wh
I concur with the following post:

You can get travel history from CBSA under ATIP, however, Canada does not register all exits. You will get entrance records. Herein is the problem because if CBSA had all entry and exits records then it would be relatively simple to calculate days spent in Canada. This is the reason they want some PR renewal applicants who are placed in secondary review to submit passport copies and to obtain Entry Exit records from countries that they have visited.

Here is the link to obtain travel history https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Beyond that: How important the PR's travel history is will VARY CONSIDERABLY:

A PR who is currently IN CANADA and who has been settled in Canada, living predominantly in Canada for the past four or five or more years, and who has a paper trail of his or her life in Canada, has little reason to worry if he or she cannot provide precise dates for the travel history. Approximations should be acknowledged, but a PR who has spent 1500 plus days in Canada during the preceding five years will be OK . . . and should be OK even if just 1200 to 1300 in Canada. Especially if the PR has had regular employment in Canada over that period of time.

A PR who has not fully settled in Canada and who has spent less than half the time in Canada (less than 900 days) during the preceding five years, on the other hand, really needs to make a concerted effort to be as complete and accurate as possible in declaring travel history dates. And especially so if this PR is traveling abroad (even more so if abroad for any extended duration) now or after applying for a new PR card.

In between, other factors can affect how it will go, not the least of which of course is the extent to which the PR's accounting of travel dates is approximate or has omissions.

The PR who is cutting-it-close but who is in Canada and can stay in Canada, may want to consider just staying in Canada longer, waiting to apply for a new PR card after building a solid history of being settled in Canada with documentation to corroborate this. A PR does not necessarily need a currently valid PR card, and particularly so if the PR is not traveling outside Canada.

Preina

Feb 16, 2018
Mission Update:

PR Card Renewal Received at Office: 27th September 2017
AoR Received: 4th December 2017
eCas (access) as of 6th December 2017: Decision made.

My case is supposed to be easy. Only 1 employer for 5 years non stop since i became PR in 2012. Moved 2 times...left the country 3 times for 3 weeks vacation to my home country....Straight forward. Lets see how fast it goes and if they want more paperwork...
Hello Dear,
I would like to know if you get any news?
I am new in this forum.
feel very concerned about the time is taking all process.

Preina

Feb 16, 2018
I did apply this month for my PR renewal, Was expired when I sent the application.
I am going out of the country next week, does some one know if If I can come back?

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
I did apply this month for my PR renewal, Was expired when I sent the application.
I am going out of the country next week, does some one know if If I can come back?
You can come back definitely but without PR card you cannot take a direct flight into Canada. You will need a PRTD for that or else fly into any Canada bordering city in U S and then ask some friends to drive you to Canada or take a rental car from wherever you land in US.

gegehelena

Feb 23, 2018
Hi Have anybody send an application to renew PR card in the same time frame as me
Sent my application by mail 26 December 2017
and up to today Feb 23,2018 I didn't hear anything or receive any email and if I check my application status online, its
was written can be find information ...
THanks so much

imamasfar

Feb 13, 2018
Hi Have anybody send an application to renew PR card in the same time frame as me
Sent my application by mail 26 December 2017
and up to today Feb 23,2018 I didn't hear anything or receive any email and if I check my application status online, its
was written can be find information ...
THanks so much
Yes, I submitted for my PR renewal as well on 20th Dec 2018, and till now no information from CIC.