+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Guys
I just want to share my timeline as I was a secondary review case and got my card sent on February 1st . This may give people with similar cases an idea of the time line.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on June 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 23, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 1, 2018.

Reactions: jrjayl

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Guys
I just want to share my timeline as I was a secondary review case and got my card sent on February 1st . This may give people with similar cases an idea of the time line.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on June 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 23, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 1, 2018.
Thank for sharing and good luck with your citizenship application.

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
SRIS

Just an update: Online status shows "complete". Card sent by mail on 29 Jan.
Congratulations mmab50,

Have you received the PR card yet? Just wanted to know how much time it takes to receive.

I am also waiting on my father’s pr card send on 5th feb after secondary review.

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Congratulations mmab50,

Have you received the PR card yet? Just wanted to know how much time it takes to receive.

I am also waiting on my father’s pr card send on 5th feb after secondary review.
Hi saini01,

My kids PR renewal applications went into secondary review in May 2017, I am still waiting for DM. Can you kindly tell me when you father's application went into SR? and which province is he resident of?

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi saini01,

My kids PR renewal applications went into secondary review in May 2017, I am still waiting for DM. Can you kindly tell me when you father's application went into SR? and which province is he resident of?
Hi SRS,

The application was received on 23rd oct 2017.
Got secondary review email on 8th Jan with request for passport copies, supporting document for stay and the record of entires for exit and entry.
Sent the information on 12th Jan.
Status changed to complete on 5th feb.
Province is ontario

Rahuldost

Jan 24, 2012
1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 17, 2017.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2017.

3. We started processing your application on July 27, 2017.

4. We sent you correspondence on July 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5. July 31st I got letter saying your application sent for secondary Review

6. August I called the CIC Call enter checking how can they send the file for secondary review without even giving me the time to submit the requested documents the call center said it is an normal practice

7. September 11th I provided Additional Documents asked ( Travel tickets , Copy of passport with translated Stamps credit card Bills etc

I Have not heard from CIC in spite of calling the call center or writing to them any Suggestions or thought process on what to expect next

Medmhn

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 17, 2017.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2017.

3. We started processing your application on July 27, 2017.

4. We sent you correspondence on July 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5. July 31st I got letter saying your application sent for secondary Review

6. August I called the CIC Call enter checking how can they send the file for secondary review without even giving me the time to submit the requested documents the call center said it is an normal practice

7. September 11th I provided Additional Documents asked ( Travel tickets , Copy of passport with translated Stamps credit card Bills etc

I Have not heard from CIC in spite of calling the call center or writing to them any Suggestions or thought process on what to expect next