+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
@CMCanada .... Looks like CIC reads this forum and when they saw that you plan to buy a house ( means spend money in Canada) , your application got approved !! ( just kidding) Congrats.

Raymond Wei

Jul 10, 2015
ramkris said:
In between Did you receive any letter to submit documents if so what documents did they ask?
CIC did not contact me or ask me for anything since receiving my application in Mar. 2015.

I sent an email to CIC after receiving the email notice about the secondary review in April 2015, but no response.
I called CIC in Mar. 2016, and was told that the only thing I could do was waiting, but I could try sending a letter to CIC by mail.
I did not send a letter by mail but sent another email to CIC in Mar. 2016, but still no response.

It seems that they just kept me waiting for one year and two months, and approved it.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Raymond Wei said:
CIC did not contact me or ask me for anything since receiving my application in Mar. 2015.

I sent an email to CIC after receiving the email notice about the secondary review in April 2015, but no response.
I called CIC in Mar. 2016, and was told that the only thing I could do was waiting, but I could try sending a letter to CIC by mail.
I did not send a letter by mail but sent another email to CIC in Mar. 2016, but still no response.

It seems that they just kept me waiting for one year and two months, and approved it.
Congrats Raymond Wei

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Raymond Wei said:

Thanks for info

faruk_antep

May 20, 2016
Here is the update on our case.

We originally landed in Apr 2011, stayed for 4 days and left Canada for Europe. We travelled a lot and renewed 3 passports with lots of stamps including from the Middle East. On Sep 2013, we moved permanently to Canada. In Nov 2013 travelled again abroad for 10 days and in June 2015 visited the U.S for a week.

Submitted renewal apps in Dec 2015 completing about 790 days of residence in Canada. They got them on Dec 29, 2015. The applications included translation of all stamps in all passports (certified and notarized). On March 9, 2016, we submitted urgent processing which was granted in 2 days. On March 11, we got another email saying that our files were transferred to the secondary review. On May 10, we send an online case specific request saying that we have air tickets for the beginning of June. On May 16, 2016 we got an email saying that our cards were approved on May 12, 2016. :)

We have not received the cards yet.

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Thank you sir for the update. I have some questions for you? what do you mean granted for 2 days?
Is there any fees paid for urgent processing? I applied for renewal on May 2015 on sept 2015 email secondary review. on March 2016 request urgent processing throw case specific form with tickets that we are travelling in July 2016. I never got any response not even accept or reject the case of urgency

faruk_antep said:
Here is the update on our case.

We originally landed in Apr 2011, stayed for 4 days and left Canada for Europe. We travelled a lot and renewed 3 passports with lots of stamps including from the Middle East. On Sep 2013, we moved permanently to Canada. In Nov 2013 travelled again abroad for 10 days and in June 2015 visited the U.S for a week.

Submitted renewal apps in Dec 2015 completing about 790 days of residence in Canada. They got them on Dec 29, 2015. The applications included translation of all stamps in all passports (certified and notarized). On March 9, 2016, we submitted urgent processing which was granted in 2 days. On March 11, we got another email saying that our files were transferred to the secondary review. On May 10, we send an online case specific request saying that we have air tickets for the beginning of June. On May 16, 2016 we got an email saying that our cards were approved on May 12, 2016. :)

We have not received the cards yet.

faruk_antep

May 20, 2016
I submitted the request for an urgent processing online. There are no fees associated with the urgent process. After 2 days we got an email saying that our request was satisfied.

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Thanks brother... wish me luck then... I did an urgent request throw web specific case form onine again and this time, I got the automated email response. Last time, I never even got it.
Thanks again and best of luck.

faruk_antep said:
I submitted the request for an urgent processing online. There are no fees associated with the urgent process. After 2 days we got an email saying that our request was satisfied.

Odessa92

Apr 19, 2016
Hi All,

Just to share my timeline :

Applied 6 march 2016 with urgent processing (750 days) ,referred to secondary review on march 20.Received a letter two weeks ago to pick up my card .Today I went to the interview with 3 big files of supporting documents and got my new pr .
all process was less than 3 months,

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Odessa92 said:
Hi All,

Applied 6 march 2016 with urgent processing (750 days) ,referred to secondary review on march 20.Received a letter two weeks ago to pick up my card .Today I went to the interview with 3 big files of supporting documents and got my new pr .
Unbelieveable and Congratulations

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
Odessa92 said:
Hi All,

Congratulations Odessa. That's amazing

Which office is your local one ? and would you mind sharing which documents did you provide with your application ? Did you provide anything extra ?

Congrats again!

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Good news Odessa92. At the interview did they check looots of documents? what kind of documents they were interested in mostly?
Odessa92 said:
Hi All,

dican

Jul 29, 2015
Has anyone tried re-sending application via urgent processing or regular renewal after one year of renewal application under secondary review?
Any experiences or expert members' feedback would be greatly appreciated.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
dican said:
Has anyone tried re-sending application via urgent processing or regular renewal after one year of renewal application under secondary review?
Any experiences or expert members' feedback would be greatly appreciated.
So many applicants are waiting for renewal from one year or more.

For re sending fresh application you have to withdraw current application and after one year wait no use to resend or withdraw the application

But for urgent processing any time you can send return ticket and payment proof.

After secondary review urgent processing only some cases work.

CIC doesn't care any applicant after secondary review.