+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
QRY2016 said:
Has anyone tried to submit a complain at the CIC (Submit your feedback)? I have my PR renewal in a secondary review status since July 2015.
Welcome to torture chamber of CIC, secondary review means you lost all rights as a human, now you can't ask call center about your application status and you can't travel by air if urgent go by US border, we all are in stainless steel trap.

Odessa92

Apr 19, 2016
Hi Members

Does anyone had a pick up card interview . I got a letter from local CIC office that card is ready however to bring lots of evidence for residency determination .Shall I bring originals , do I have only to show documents or submit them ,the letter didn't mention to bring copies .

teko

Mar 18, 2016
Odessa92 said:
Hi Members

Does anyone had a pick up card interview . I got a letter from local CIC office that card is ready however to bring lots of evidence for residency determination .Shall I bring originals , do I have only to show documents or submit them ,the letter didn't mention to bring copies .
This is good news.

if I were you, I would show them ALL originals......If you have a proof of how many times did you use the washroom here in Canada; do it!!

teko

Mar 18, 2016
heeradeepak said:
Welcome to torture chamber of CIC, secondary review means you lost all rights as a human, now you can't ask call center about your application status and you can't travel by air if urgent go by US border, we all are in stainless steel trap.
Very true! its the only place I can fit "lost all rights as a human" in! ;D

no timeline given
no information on where the application is
no one knows anything
wait is the only answer

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
Odessa92 said:
Hi Members

Hey Odessa92

Were you in secondary review ? What's your timeline ?

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
heeradeepak said:
You are 100% right...no way..pl check your inbox

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
You are 100% right...no way..pl check your inbox
Let's go to media and explain them how much difficulties when applications gone in secondary review, almost your future planes are finished, because if you need to travel only options is US border.

My simple question is why canadian government can't provide temporary or short term PR which will help the resident and local economy because secondary review applicant will never travel through US.

PRTD is a good option only when you stay month or more but if you are tavelling for a week PRTD is a disaster for you.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
heeradeepak said:
Let's go to media and explain them how much difficulties when applications gone in secondary review, almost your future planes are finished, because if you need to travel only options is US border.

My simple question is why canadian government can't provide temporary or short term PR which will help the resident and local economy because secondary review applicant will never travel through US.

PRTD is a good option only when you stay month or more but if you are tavelling for a week PRTD is a disaster for you.
Agree with this there should be temporary prtd which can be applied with in canada before we take a trip outside for a week to 3 weeks

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
heeradeepak said:

Hi All
I am in the same boat (applied for PR Card renewal in April 2015, secondary review email in July 2015, and nothing since then).
I met residency obligations, but with not too many "extra" days - around 40 (770 days) then, and keep meeting them now.
Moreover, I did travel abroad in November 2015 and have obtained multiple entry TD valid for one year. My (naive) assumption was that after TD (since residency determination has been performed by IO in consulate) my PR card would also be approved promptly. It did not happen... The urgency of renewal has been, however, decreased after TD since I do not have to worry about travelling until the TD expires...

I have not joined the petition list, as I do not think it is going to help. However, the option of going to media could work for my opinion.
This is because, it is quite obvious, there is no one (or almost no one) at the moment who process secondary review checks. All staff have been moved to process straightforward PR renewal applications in order to cut down the processing time that appears on the website. This is because there was a pressure from reports in media that there is a problem.

So, I really do not think there is someone there who intentionally prolongs processing of our secondary review cases. Why anyone would do that? It does not make sense. It is just that this "someone" got instructions to focus on cutting the processing time of other applications. What we have to do is to create media pressure for CIC to move some staff back to deal with our secondary review applications...

davidT321

Feb 24, 2016
Hi all

Just received email informing me tham my file is going to secondary review .Does it mean my file is moving from Nova Scotia to Montreal /my local office/ ???

Because 3 days ago i received requirement to present complete colour pages (including blank pages) of my passport and sent them back to Nova Scotia.

for information ,i have 755 days and returned in CA with PRTD

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
davidT321 said:
Hi all

Just received email informing me tham my file is going to secondary review .Does it mean my file is moving from Nova Scotia to Montreal /my local office/ ???

Because 3 days ago i received requirement to present complete colour pages (including blank pages) of my passport and sent them back to Nova Scotia.

Very sad secondary review means you lost all rights to ask about your file, now you can't ask call center about your application status. Just you have to wait and wait and wait.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
davidT321 said:
Hi all

could you give your timeline
date of pr renewal aplication
date of secondary review letter
date of documents letter

davidT321

Feb 24, 2016
ramkris said:
could you give your timeline
date of pr renewal aplication
date of secondary review letter
date of documents letter
november 1 2015 :applied for renewal
february 2016: requirement for for new pictures

then Ecas appear

March ? , 2016 We received your application for a permanent resident card ? why not november?
April , 2016 We started processing your application
April 28 2016 by email ,requirement for colour pages, all passports
May 2 2016 by email ,secondary rewiew

so far 180 days :eek: and maybe 1 more year :eek: but i don't care, since i don't have plans to leave Ca soon

marinka999

May 2, 2016
Hello everyone,
My PR renewal application is under secondary review now :(
The timeline is as follows:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 17, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 4, 2016.
We sent you a letter on February 10, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I am planning to travel in July and want to apply for PR urgent processing through the case specific webform (will submit tickets and proof of payment). Has anyone done it before? Did you manage to get your PR card urgently processed?

Thank you in advance.

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
If you are under secondary review, no urgent processing for you! I'm in secondary review and submitted my tickets 2 months ago and nothing happened not even an email to confirm receiving my request!.
marinka999 said:
Hello everyone,
My PR renewal application is under secondary review now :(
The timeline is as follows:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 17, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 4, 2016.
We sent you a letter on February 10, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I am planning to travel in July and want to apply for PR urgent processing through the case specific webform (will submit tickets and proof of payment). Has anyone done it before? Did you manage to get your PR card urgently processed?

Thank you in advance.