+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Interview and biometrics invitation

Masingh$1978

Feb 15, 2020
Hii folks. I am very frustrated as neither I got my eligibility interview nor WP.
My refugee claim application Aug-2020 @ Montreal
Biometric done in March-2021
And till today I haven’t heard for eligibility interview nor got WP.
I called twice to CIC and they replied that my eligibility interview is not yet determined. Moreover guys who applied at my same time period got everything month back.
I am very frustrated for this delay as not hearing foe eligibility interview at least.

Anyone can help me by advise, please ?

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
man, after waiting for 1 month and half after the eligibility interview, I got my work permit approved.
Just got a notice on the IRCC web portal, said the work permit will be mail out.
Good luck for everyone on this forum!
Now I'll have to wait for the hearing. Hopefully, it will not be too long.

Masingh$1978

Feb 15, 2020
Hii folks. I am very frustrated as neither I got my eligibility interview nor WP.
I called twice to CIC and they replied that my eligibility interview is not yet determined. Moreover guys who applied at my same time period got everything month back.
I am very frustrated for this delay as not hearing foe eligibility interview at least.

Hi guys, can anyone advise me on my above situation ? It’s frustrating now. What shall u guys advise me.

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Hi guys, can anyone advise me on my above situation ? It’s frustrating now. What shall u guys advise me.
I don't know anything about Montreal. My eligibility interview was late, because they requested more files from me. And it was sent through Epost.
You can ask whether they got all paperwork? Do they need more info?

I feel as a refugee claimant there is not much thing we can do other than waiting. Maybe you could call your lawyer if you have one. Or if you don't have one, find a lawyer through legal aid.

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello All, Can you please tell how your eligibility interview went. I'm so nervous, my will in a week. I would be very appreciated for any tips and advise.
Don't worry about the eligibility interview. You will be signing the documents and getting your refugee claimant ID. Make sure you bring the letter IRCC sent you. I wish you the best of luck. :)

Magp90

Jul 21, 2021

I did my application in March 2020.
Biometrics in March 2021,
I didn't have my eligibility interview yet.

I did it in Ottawa

Teechedda

Dec 7, 2021

I did it in Ottawa
Did you get your eligibility interview yet? I also did my Refugee application in Ottawa, August 2020. Biometric done in March 2021. Since that time I haven’t heard anything from the immigration.

Magp90

Jul 21, 2021
Did you get your eligibility interview yet? I also did my Refugee application in Ottawa, August 2020. Biometric done in March 2021. Since that time I haven’t heard anything from the immigration.

Hello,

Yes I did it on Nov 12.

Dec 1st I received an email that my WP had been aproved but I'm still waiting to receive it.

Jaysonjide

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
Hello,

Yes I did it on Nov 12.

Dec 1st I received an email that my WP had been aproved but I'm still waiting to receive it.
Did you apply separately for the work permit or you just indicated on the schedule 12 form that you want a work permit. I did my Eligibility Interview same day Nov 12th, and i didn’t get anything yet.

ean3

Feb 1, 2022
Hello guys . Hope everyone is doing well!
I am new and i am so worried.
I applied in may 2021. I received acknowledgement of claim some days after but they didn't mention the date for interview on it, just said they LL inform me on when to come with pictures and that document. Up till now nothing.
I am so worried because i have a close work permit with a company but they are too demanding and the stress is too much. I was hoping to get my new work permit soon so I can go away in another company.
What do you think it's happening?
What advice do u give me?
My lawyer said i should be patient but i am too too stress all alone somewhere in Canada. I applied in Alberta.
Thanks
HI, was there any progress with this? I am having the same challenge. I received the acknowledgement of claim; however, there was no date, time or location for the interview. How long did you have to wait?

SElbash

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022

I did it in Ottawa
Hello,
We share the exact same dates and location! Any news yet? If you don’t mind sharing !
Thanks and good luck!