+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility for FSW?

Ashish_Saini

Oct 3, 2022
Post your questions here. If you want professional advice then seek a licensed consultant or lawyer. You only have one year of experience for CEC (Sept. 2021-22). So based on your current employment history you are not eligible for FSW.
My experience is from Sept 2021 - current (in total).
To test this i created another GCkey just to confirm. I filled the exact same details in that and it showed that i am eligible for FSW and CEC.

As far as i know, federal skilled worker program does not specifically asks for foreign work experience.

What my understanding as of now is, please correct me if am wrong. I created express entry profile on 22 september 2022. Right, after completion of 1 year of total experience (adding up both jobs).
But when i created another profile just now to check, so as of today i have one year of continuous work experience (from 2nd job) and maybe that's why it is showing i am eligible for FSW and CEC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My experience is from Sept 2021 - current (in total).
To test this i created another GCkey just to confirm. I filled the exact same details in that and it showed that i am eligible for FSW and CEC.

As far as i know, federal skilled worker program does not specifically asks for foreign work experience.

What my understanding as of now is, please correct me if am wrong. I created express entry profile on 22 september 2022. Right, after completion of 1 year of total experience (adding up both jobs).
But when i created another profile just now to check, so as of today i have one year of continuous work experience (from 2nd job) and maybe that's why it is showing i am eligible for FSW and CEC.
September 2021 to February 2023 is not even two years of experience. So you are only eligible for one program. If you want to try and game the system then go ahead but it will catch up to you.

Ashish_Saini

Oct 3, 2022
September 2021 to February 2023 is not even two years of experience. So you are only eligible for one program. If you want to try and game the system then go ahead but it will catch up to you.
No, i am not trying to play with the system. I am just trying to figure it out. When i created another GCkey with the same details it showed i am eligible for FSW and CEC. I don't know why it is not showing up on my actual profile.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
No, i am not trying to play with the system. I am just trying to figure it out. When i created another GCkey with the same details it showed i am eligible for FSW and CEC. I don't know why it is not showing up on my actual profile.
Simply refer to this official website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#works

As far as I remember, for FSW, you need to have - 1 yr of continuous work experience in your primary NOC. I see you have 2 NOCs. Which one of them have you declared as your primary NOC ? Do you have required 1 yr of continuous exp. in that NOC ? also check calculation of hours as explained.

Ashish_Saini

Oct 3, 2022
Simply refer to this official website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#works

As far as I remember, for FSW, you need to have - 1 yr of continuous work experience in your primary NOC. I see you have 2 NOCs. Which one of them have you declared as your primary NOC ? Do you have required 1 yr of continuous exp. in that NOC ? also check calculation of hours as explained.
I have updated the NOC code as the 2nd job(currently working- more than 1 year continuous) experience. Now, it shows the i am eligible for FSW.

However, the dummy account i created i mentioned the 1st job (less than 1 year) as primary but it was showing eligible for FSW as well.

How do we figure out which NOC code to mention as primary? I have mentioned the 2nd job as i have more experience in that.

L7843257

Nov 8, 2022
I have updated the NOC code as the 2nd job(currently working- more than 1 year continuous) experience. Now, it shows the i am eligible for FSW.

However, the dummy account i created i mentioned the 1st job (less than 1 year) as primary but it was showing eligible for FSW as well.

How do we figure out which NOC code to mention as primary? I have mentioned the 2nd job as i have more experience in that.
I don't understand... Didn't you say it suggest CEC only on your actual account?

Ashish_Saini

Oct 3, 2022
What change did you make eventually that caused the FSW to change to Met
I just updated the Primary occupation to the one in which i have "1 year continuous" experience.
The dummy account i created, that had the other job (<1 year experience ) mentioned as primary but it still showed "Met" for FSW. I don't know why.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I just updated the Primary occupation to the one in which i have "1 year continuous" experience.
The dummy account i created, that had the other job (<1 year experience ) mentioned as primary but it still showed "Met" for FSW. I don't know why.
compare both the accounts for all the details and check if there is anyother difference. I think because system calculates difference monthwise, even if you complete 11 months datewise, it considers it 12 months

Ashish_Saini

Oct 3, 2022
I found this "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html". Read points mentioned under "Work Experience".

Ashish_Saini

Oct 3, 2022
compare both the accounts for all the details and check if there is anyother difference. I think because system calculates difference monthwise, even if you complete 11 months datewise, it considers it 12 months
Everything is same. Please see my other post.