+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Completed

SamBahadur

Feb 3, 2024
I applied for a visitor visa on 2nd November 2023 Biometrics were taken from previous application which was refused. On 27th January 2024 on tracker it shows eligibility is completed and down there it shows Activity status updated: Background verification
Background verification status has been updated to In progress.
Can anyone tell me what should I expect? Or what does it mean? Or anyone faced same thing can He or She share the result?

RMALF

Jan 12, 2024
I'm in the same boat.
On Tracker: Eligibility is "completed" (Jan 17, 2024)
On IRCC Portal: Eligibility "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Reactions: daninmotion

REDBLACK99

Star Member
Jan 26, 2024
I applied on Jan 27th and my biometric were collected from previous visa back on Nov 2023.
Last time it took only two weeks for respondes now with this one is turning a 3rd week.

Hopefully the wait is worthy. what were your refusual reason guys, because mine was not ties to country and inconsistent travel purpose, and on my new application i show my kids, vehicle registration, job and college letter along with bank statement., i even changed purpose of travel which is now visiting my fiance for her birthday.

what were your refusual reason guys?

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022
I applied on Jan 27th and my biometric were collected from previous visa back on Nov 2023.
Last time it took only two weeks for respondes now with this one is turning a 3rd week.

Hopefully the wait is worthy. what were your refusual reason guys, because mine was not ties to country and inconsistent travel purpose, and on my new application i show my kids, vehicle registration, job and college letter along with bank statement., i even changed purpose of travel which is now visiting my fiance for her birthday.

what were your refusual reason guys?
what was your purpose of visit when it was refused?

REDBLACK99

Star Member
Jan 26, 2024
Any update????
Dominican Republic, back in Nov I was refused due to no family ties in home country which on second application I corrected that, they refused that in 16 days I saw other cases being refused within same time frame, this one after correction got me very surprised since taking longer, cause normally very first thing they do is eligibility and if they keeps you application going is because you qualify now this one is over time frame. Hoping for best here.