+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Electrical engineering universities preference; Canada?

mbsid786

Sep 22, 2011
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm just about to finish my B.E. then willing to do graduate studies at any university of Canada. After Masters I want to go for industries not for academics i.e. I want practical degree. I've few universities in my mind, in my preference, McGill, Alberta, Waterloo and Toronto. My one fellow at Waterloo told me McGill is good for theoretical purposes and in his preference Waterloo, Toronto and Alberta are good for practical degree. I'm bit biased towards McGill as ranked 18 on QS-ranking, uni of Toronto doesn't sound good to me as the downtown is pretty expensive.
I also have the option of university of Texas, Austin but I'm not thinking of USA (what you say?).
My questions are;
1) What's the good uni for practical degree? (as discussed above low living costs area and also have more chances for International students to be enrolled in and doesn't create much hurdles in admission).
2) Does QS ranking really affect degree? As McGill, Toronto have high rankings and Waterloo and Alberta low.
3) MS and M.Eng are academic and practical degrees respectively, right? What does have better prospects in near future academics or industries?

One more thing how much does QS ranking affect, as University of Singapore is ranked 11 in Electrical engg., UoT 23, UBC 38, Waterloo 46, McGill 49. So is it better to study at Singapore than Canada? What does International market look for?

Thank you very much :)

Daniall33

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-10-2012
mbsid786 said:
I'm just about to finish my B.E. then willing to do graduate studies at any university of Canada. After Masters I want to go for industries not for academics i.e. I want practical degree. I've few universities in my mind, in my preference, McGill, Alberta, Waterloo and Toronto. My one fellow at Waterloo told me McGill is good for theoretical purposes and in his preference Waterloo, Toronto and Alberta are good for practical degree. I'm bit biased towards McGill as ranked 18 on QS-ranking, uni of Toronto doesn't sound good to me as the downtown is pretty expensive.
I also have the option of university of Texas, Austin but I'm not thinking of USA (what you say?).
My questions are;
1) What's the good uni for practical degree? (as discussed above low living costs area and also have more chances for International students to be enrolled in and doesn't create much hurdles in admission).
2) Does QS ranking really affect degree? As McGill, Toronto have high rankings and Waterloo and Alberta low.
3) MS and M.Eng are academic and practical degrees respectively, right? What does have better prospects in near future academics or industries?

One more thing how much does QS ranking affect, as University of Singapore is ranked 11 in Electrical engg., UoT 23, UBC 38, Waterloo 46, McGill 49. So is it better to study at Singapore than Canada? What does International market look for?

Entry requirements for Univeristy ranked in top 50 is high... Ranking doesn't effect the degree, higher the ranking more will be its expenses... UoS takes aptitude test for entry in undergraduate course not sure about graduate studies ...

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
mbsid786 said:
My questions are;

if you are either admitted at U of Toronto or McGill, you are sure as hell to get a study permit. That's all I can say. UofT is known as MIT of Canada.

thefarhan10

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mbsid786 said:
My questions are;

what's ur cGPA and percentage ? do u have GRE score ? what's ur IELTS ?

you did ur bachelor from which university ? these all matter while chosing univeristy.