+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
MUFC said:
This facts are enough for me ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_and_surveillance_by_country
Wikipedia is like facebook :) everyone can sign up.Write posts or edit :)

Wiki is not a reliable source :) Also how do you know you are not "followed" on the internet ? :) You sometimes write posts about stuff you aren`t entitled to talk about :) Just like a retired old man who has nothing else to do :)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddhaB said:
Wikipedia is like facebook :) everyone can sign up.Write posts or edit :)

Wiki is not a reliable source :) Also how do you know you are not "followed" on the internet ? :) You sometimes write posts about stuff you aren`t entitled to talk about :) Just like a retired old man who has nothing else to do :)
The only place I had problems with Authorities was in US by my internet activity. Very often you can hear a lot of strange implementation of the Law in US hitting exactly the innocent people.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
MUFC said:
The only place I had problems with Authorities was in US by my internet activity. Very often you can hear a lot of strange implementation of the Law in US hitting exactly the innocent people.
Right.Just a quick example,last month I received an email regarding my internet activity from Rogers :)

They are telling me to stop using torrent,downloading stuff like movies, :) 1) how did they know I was using torrent? 2) how did they know my data transfer quota was really high? Obviously they are watching,they are examining the bandwidth:)

Just like the cops can find your Mobile phone signal when they need to find you.Even if the Canadian government is not spying on Canadians,they can ask for help from their big brother,the US,anytime :) So fellow-immigrants beware of your activities :)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/we-cant-accept-internet-surveillance-as-the-new-normal/article23498402/

Have a good night.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddhaB said:
Right.Just a quick example,last month I received an email regarding my internet activity from Rogers :)

They are telling me to stop using torrent,downloading stuff like movies, :) 1) how did they know I was using torrent? 2) how did they know my data transfer quota was really high? Obviously they are watching,they are examining the bandwidth:)

Just like the cops can find your Mobile phone signal when they need to find you.Even if the Canadian government is not spying on Canadians,they can ask for help from their big brother,the US,anytime :) So fellow-immigrants beware of your activities :)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/we-cant-accept-internet-surveillance-as-the-new-normal/article23498402/

Have a good night.
This is a thing I was talking about here long time ago, that the only thing I don't like in Canada is that more and more it starts to remind me of the US.

For the very same reason I would NEVER renounce my Native citizenship, because I am not sure what kind of country Canada will be after 10-15 years.

az21

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Dec 2010 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
Buffalo to CPP-O
Med's Request
March 2013 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
24 June 2013
LANDED..........
hopefully summer 2013
Guys, do you know when is the effective date for bill C-24. I know it is effective date was June 11, 2015, but number of days requirement is still 1098 days in CIC website. I have heard that part will be effective few months later. Can anyone comment on this please?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
az21 said:
Guys, do you know when is the effective date for bill C-24. I know it is effective date was June 11, 2015, but number of days requirement is still 1098 days in CIC website. I have heard that part will be effective few months later. Can anyone comment on this please?
It comes into effect today. CIC may not have updated some pages but the most important one - the Physical Presence Calculator, has been updated:
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?&lang=en&_ga=1.53374816.976277762.1433728103

"To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must have been physically present in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 1,460 days in the six years immediately before the date of your application. You must also have been physically present in Canada as a permanent resident for 183 days in each of four calendar years that are fully or partially within the six years immediately before the date of your application."

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Confirmed the new Calculator tool has been updated for 4 years, below are the information that you will see after you put in all your exits & entries:

Arrival date:
Permanent residence date:
Application date:
Time spent serving a sentence (days):
Days absent:
Number of days physically present in last 6 years:
Number of calendar years physically present for 183 days in last 6 years:

Thank you guys for your replies, see you next year :D

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, see you next year :)

BTW unlike the old one, the new calculator counts for you the day you came back from your travel, and the day you became permanent resident..lol

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAY2112 said:
Confirmed the new Calculator tool has been updated for 4 years, below are the information that you will see after you put in all your exits & entries:

Arrival date:
Permanent residence date:
Application date:
Time spent serving a sentence (days):
Days absent:
Number of days physically present in last 6 years:
Number of calendar years physically present for 183 days in last 6 years:

Thank you guys for your replies, see you next year :D

I've just tried using it now and discovered an interesting thing that is the online calculator now counts both the day of departure and the day of arrival as days of actual physical presence in Canada. (sounds good 8))
I might be wrong so please check this and confirm

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Oldfriend, you are correct. I opened my saved calculation and saw that a one-night stay in Detroit counted as zero days away.

Another interesting thing: "Answer 'Yes' if you left Canada for any reason including vacation, work, business, family matters, school, illness, etc.
Only the six (6) years immediately before the date of your application are considered for calculating the physical presence requirement.
Day trips, i.e., absences where you left Canada and came back on the same day must be declared."

I've got some work ahead of me. I ordered my US entry records, I will have probably one hundred day trips by the time I apply in July 2017.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
100% correct, I tried it and they added the days when I landed.
Thumb up for the new rules 8)

2_of_5 said:
Oldfriend, you are correct. I opened my saved calculation and saw that a one-night stay in Detroit counted as zero days away.

Another interesting thing: "Answer 'Yes' if you left Canada for any reason including vacation, work, business, family matters, school, illness, etc.
Only the six (6) years immediately before the date of your application are considered for calculating the physical presence requirement.
Day trips, i.e., absences where you left Canada and came back on the same day must be declared."

I've got some work ahead of me. I ordered my US entry records, I will have probably one hundred day trips by the time I apply in July 2017.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
2_of_5 said:
I think this was true even before today - although they didn't explicitly say it.

One of the reasons my husband ended up with RQ was because he failed to declare a day trip to the US (we forgot about it and CIC called us on it).

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2_of_5 said:
I put May 25, 2014 to May 27, 2014 as an absence and # of days absence is coming as 1 day. It means CIC is counting May 25 and May 27 as presence in Canada and only May 26 is absence. Under old rules, until yesterday, the absence was 2 days for these days.

I think CIC has aligned the calculation with PR renewal calculation. For PR renenwal, anytime spent in Canada during a day is counted as presence.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also ended up being eligible way earlier then I thought according to the online calculator.

New rules ROCK 8)