+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
screech339 said:
Are you trying to encourage people to apply knowing full well they don't meet the 1095 physical presence under the 3/4 year rule but only the basic residency. You do realize that you are putting them at a higher risk of getting RQ'ed or even denied path by a CIC officer. Isn't it better to advise them to actually meet the physical 1095 requirement to make their application less chance of being delayed.
Dude, you like to tackle and reason in a wrong direction. So far it's on CIC web that you can apply with basic residence but you will leave your faith to be determined by the officer processing your application based on your ties to Canada then the choice is for the applicant to make. I'm only repeating same..

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
nadeem55 said:
I do have a stronger ties like:

- owing a home (mortgage),
- Canadian family (spouse, 2 kids),
- permanent job from last 4 years,
- paying taxes
- planning to sponsor my mother for PR
- not intent to leave Canada in near future :)

I this, that's pretty much strong ties if CIC officer ask?
That's a pretty strong ties.. I would apply if I were you.. Anyways do what is best for you. G/Luck

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Because I was outside Canada (in USA) more than 6 months...and Obviously..taxes are paid for the previous in your current yr..and I landed in august 2012 [no job in canada] taxes to be paid in 2013. How can I pay backdated..? for 2012 ( for 4 months of 2012) and then 2013 I paid taxes in 2014..
If that's the case, my basic residence completes in August 2015. But, I wasn't in Canada during the initial period due to time needed to settle..etc. Can I still submit my application ??? Im running short of lot of days..even if I have basic residence..

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
Thanks Dave01,

I'll wait until Jun, if any miracle happens to push the cut off date a little more later than July 1st :)

Otherwise, I'll seek any lawyer help if it's a wise idea to apply with the shortage of 17 days before the 4 / 6 years rule or wait 2 more years?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Dave01 said:
Dude, you like to tackle and reason in a wrong direction. So far it's on CIC web that you can apply with basic residence but you will leave your faith to be determined by the officer processing your application based on your ties to Canada then the choice is for the applicant to make. I'm only repeating same..
I agree that you can apply if you meet only the basic residence requirement but you are putting yourself at a higher risk of being denied path to citizenship. You would have to explain to judge or officer why you couldn't wait and apply when you actually have 1095 physically days. What is the compelling reason why you have to apply before 1095 physical days are up? What is stopping you from waiting 5 more days or 3 more weeks before applying?

With the current government cracking down on immigration fraud, it may be harder to get granted path to citizenship, the more days short you are from 1095 day requirement.

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
screech339 said:
I agree that you can apply if you meet only the basic residence requirement but you are putting yourself as a higher risk of being denied path to citizenship. You would have to explain to judge or officer why you couldn't wait and apply when you actually have 1095 physically days. What is the compelling reason why you have to apply before 1095 physical days are up? What is stopping you from waiting 5 more days or 3 more weeks before applying?

With the current government cracking down on immigration fraud, it may be harder to get granted path to citizenship, the more days short you are from 1095 day requirement.
These are all self fabricated questions dude! Do you have prove of someone bn asked these questions? If at all, in this scenario if you're only short of 17days just cause you're away on vacation after living in Canada for 4 or 5plus years (working, studying and PR days) coupled with the strong ties listed, I think you have more than enough answers to the questions if asked.

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
nadeem55 said:
Thanks Dave01,

I'll wait until Jun, if any miracle happens to push the cut off date a little more later than July 1st :)

Otherwise, I'll seek any lawyer help if it's a wise idea to apply with the shortage of 17 days before the 4 / 6 years rule or wait 2 more years?
That's Brainy... I feel you dude!

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The supervisor told me that if the applicant has at least 1095 days of physical presence in Canada and apply before July 1st, the application will be under the old rules.

I will be in the same situation like nadeem55, because when I come back from my vacations in Feb and Apr I will miss the chance to accumulate 1095 days of physical presence before 1st July, nevertheless that I will also have enough days of basic residency .

The key word the supervisor mentioned was Physical presence.

If I apply without the minimum days of physical presence, I would waste my time and money because the only realistic outcome will be rejection after a couple years long processing with a RQ along the way.

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
MUFC said:
The supervisor told me that if the applicant has at least 1095 days of physical presence in Canada and apply before July 1st, the application will be under the old rules.

I will be in the same situation like nadeem55, because when I come back from my vacations in Feb and Apr I will miss the chance to accumulate 1095 days of physical presence before 1st July, nevertheless that I will also have enough days of basic residency .

If I apply without the minimum days of physical presence, I would waste my time and money because the only realistic outcome will be rejection after a couple years long processing with a RQ along the way.
Stay-at-home mothers, the un- or underemployed, consultants and freelance workers, those who frequently travel, or who misreport absences on their original citizenship applications are the major target for RQ. Having a steady day to day routing like full time schooling, professional working with once or twice out of Canada traveling for a total of 17days vacation out of 4 or 5years stay in Canada while also having strong ties as listed by nadeem55 shouldn't warrant RQ. Anyways that's my view!

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not gonna waste my time and money if I don't have enough days of physical presence, now all this cases are doomed to fail.

Before that trick with the basic residence used to work, but not anymore. The focus now is on the actual physical presence.

I am in the same situation like nadeem55, and I don't think I have realistic chance to be granted with citizenship if I apply with less than 1095 days of physical presence.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is what the calculator say when I'll come back from vacation...

"According to the information you provided, you meet the basic residence requirement but you have not been physically present in Canada for at least 1,095 days (three years) in the four years (1,460 days) preceding the date of your application.According to the information you provided and assuming nothing else changes, you will accumulate 1,095 days of physical presence on 2015-07-29."

The requirement is basic and physical presence in Canada and both must be with minimum 1095 days.
The calculator shows in separate boxes the actual number of basic and physical residence when the people fill it up with the proper information and dates of absence.
When the people use the online calculator it will show when they will be eligible to apply.

If I don't go on vacation I will be eligible to apply under the old rules, because I would have enough basic and physical residence.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
Here is what the calculator say when I'll come back from vacation...

"According to the information you provided, you meet the basic residence requirement but you have not been physically present in Canada for at least 1,095 days (three years) in the four years (1,460 days) preceding the date of your application.According to the information you provided and assuming nothing else changes, you will accumulate 1,095 days of physical presence on 2015-07-29."

The requirement is basic and physical presence in Canada and both must be with minimum 1095 days.
The calculator shows in separate boxes the actual number of basic and physical residence when the people fill it up with the proper information and dates of absence.
When the people use the online calculator it will show when they will be eligible to apply.

If I don't go on vacation I will be eligible to apply under the old rules, because I would have enough basic and physical residence.
As I have suggested in posts long ago, you could have planned your vacations after July and still be able to apply under the 3/4 rule. It all comes back to what are your priorities? Which is more important? Qualifying for citizenship under 3/4 rule or relax and enjoy your life. So it appeared that you took the latter approach.

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
So, there's a catch, physical presence mean staying in Canada but they didn't mentioned if physical presence as PR or not?
I know this doesn't make sense to them but that could be litigated is using some proper sources.

At July 1st, 2015, I've more than 1095 days physical presence but some are as pre-PR and rest are after PR.

MUFC said:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nadeem55 said:
So, there's a catch, physical presence mean staying in Canada but they didn't mentioned if physical presence as PR or not?
I know this doesn't make sense to them but that could be litigated is using some proper sources.

At July 1st, 2015, I've more than 1095 days physical presence but some are as pre-PR and rest are after PR.
Under the old 3/4 rule, physical presence in Canada before PR counts toward citizenship as half days regardless of what kind of status you had before PR.

Once the new rule kick in, any days before PR will not count toward citizenship qualification anymore, regardless of what kind status you had.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
As I have suggested in posts long ago, you could have planned your vacations after July and still be able to apply under the 3/4 rule. It all comes back to what are your priorities? Which is more important? Qualifying for citizenship under 3/4 rule or relax and enjoy your life. So it appeared that you took the latter approach.
I'm making my money online, therefore I'm not interested in a conventional work which pays per hour. To make money all I need is a laptop, internet with good speed and one or two hours a day. That is giving me the freedom I need, because I could work from every country with internet access and I'm not wasting valuable hours like let's say the regular 9am-5pm grind .

For me the conventional work system is exploiting the people . Just imagine what big portion of time is wasted from the lifetime of a person just to be present in a specific place called workplace... I refuse to be part of that.

By the way your assumption about my home country passport is correct, and now you understand that in my situation possessing an extra Canadian passport is not bringing any difference as practical benefit for me.

That's why I made the decision to give priority to my vacation.