20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CanadianCountry said:
It shouldnt matter how the govt is using those funds or raiding it early for other reasons. For payees paying into the system it has only one meaning, its their payment into govt pension plan and based on the payments retirement pension is paid out.

In similar logic, your savings deposit in a bank is not really a deposit. The banks uses that money for many other uses. For the bank the money might be fungible, but for the account holder the account has only one meaning.
So are you saying that the liberal government illegally raided the excess EI funds and used it for other purposes than it intended.

For the bank analogy, the bank can only allowed to loan out more than what it has in its bank accounts. It sole purpose is to give out loans but it needs a value of it total accounts as collateral. So if I put in 1000 in my bank account, it means the bank can loan out 100000 to others with interest and no more. Not sure what the ratio is. So the bank is not really using your account unless it's an investment account. The bank analogy is an example but a weak example. Banks wants a lot of money so that they can lend out more and make a profit on interests loaned out.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
"So are you saying that the liberal government illegally raided the excess EI funds and used it for other purposes than it intended. "

You still not getting my point. Its not about how liberals or conservatives are using or used the fund.

screech339 said:
So are you saying that the liberal government illegally raided the excess EI funds and used it for other purposes than it intended.

For the bank analogy, the bank can only allowed to loan out more than what it has in its bank accounts. It sole purpose is to give out loans but it needs a value of it total accounts as collateral. So if I put in 1000 in my bank account, it means the bank can loan out 100000 to others with interest and no more. Not sure what the ratio is. So the bank is not really using your account unless it's an investment account. The bank analogy is an example but a weak example. Banks wants a lot of money so that they can lend out more and make a profit on interests loaned out.

gammabeta79

Mar 17, 2015
AND Finally We have the Date from CIC on Implementation of the Bill C24. Long hours of wait has finally Ended. It's Official now, that implementation of the Bill C24 will start from September 1, 2015. PLEASE SEE THE LINK BELOW. I guess this is Big relief to all the guys who had landed before August 2013.

APRIL FOOL. I HOPE YOU TAKE IT IN RIGHT SPIRIT.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I have no stakes in it so I found it a little funny. Don't know about others, though.

gammabeta79 said:
AND Finally We have the Date from CIC on Implementation of the Bill C24. Long hours of wait has finally Ended. It's Official now, that implementation of the Bill C24 will start from September 1, 2015. PLEASE SEE THE LINK BELOW. I guess this is Big relief to all the guys who had landed before August 2013.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would be no surprise for me if the date will be indeed 1st of September, because nobody knows even the month of implementation yet.
It could be in this month or it could be even September. So you might be right.

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
gammabeta79 said:

lol...

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I knew this would come up today! 8) ;D

gammabeta79 said:

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ha ha , even if it wouldn't come true, at least we got some humor here in this forum after a long depressed discussions and hopeless guesses.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It might be absolutely true, because there is still no official and final statement about the month and the date.

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
gammabeta79 said:

Cannot find the link????

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Somebody got fooled.

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
MUFC said:
It would be no surprise for me if the date will be indeed 1st of September, because nobody knows even the month of implementation yet.
It could be in this month or it could be even September. So you might be right.

Purely a speculation on my part, but nevertheless, I don't expect the changes to happen this month

PC are planning some advertisement spending during May, In addition to May being the month that many tax returns payments are made, and pre-election budget is not out yet

So in my opinion, there are 2 possibilities
1) a budget is presented, and an early (~June/July) election is called (vote for us and we will implement this budget - Wynne style)
2) October elections to be called, after a (balanced) budget is presented, leaving the June-September months to "real" issues like immigration/defence etc

Not sure if the actual decision is made yet by the PMO, because there is a lot of financial uncertainty around Canada's economy.

Anyway, there seems to be no point in implementing the change this month, and especially without notice, because it will only create lots of applications, on which the fees would need to be returned.
In addition, for the time being the "low skill temporary foreign workers" occupy enough of the public interest, and the "strengthening citizenship act" is best to be kept for later, especially if October election date is preferred

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Great insightful analysis of the political scene.

+1.

DND said:
Purely a speculation on my part, but nevertheless, I don't expect the changes to happen this month

PC are planning some advertisement spending during May, In addition to May being the month that many tax returns payments are made, and pre-election budget is not out yet

So in my opinion, there are 2 possibilities
1) a budget is presented, and an early (~June/July) election is called (vote for us and we will implement this budget - Wynne style)
2) October elections to be called, after a (balanced) budget is presented, leaving the June-September months to "real" issues like immigration/defence etc

Not sure if the actual decision is made yet by the PMO, because there is a lot of financial uncertainty around Canada's economy.

Anyway, there seems to be no point in implementing the change this month, and especially without notice, because it will only create lots of applications, on which the fees would need to be returned.
In addition, for the time being the "low skill temporary foreign workers" occupy enough of the public interest, and the "strengthening citizenship act" is best to be kept for later, especially if October election date is preferred

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
;D s you
gammabeta79 said:

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend called CIC today, and the guy said to him that the cutoff date will be on 19th of June.