+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect of stuttering (speech impediment) on CELPIP Speaking section

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Hi,

I have a pretty severe stutter - though I manage to communicate well and work at a senior position in IT industry. But while answering specific questions in a time-limit, I fare very badly.

How will this affect my speaking test for CELPIP?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have a pretty severe stutter - though I manage to communicate well and work at a senior position in IT industry. But while answering specific questions in a time-limit, I fare very badly.

How will this affect my speaking test for CELPIP?

Thanks
But in past posts, you say you have completed CELPIP and TCF with a CRS score of 460. What have you done in the past for the speaking part of the test in English and French?

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
But in past posts, you say you have completed CELPIP and TCF with a CRS score of 460. What have you done in the past for the speaking part of the test in English and French?
Hi @Natugrl,

As I have stated in my past posts, I am in quite a desperate situation due to my employer's policies, so I am trying everything to increase my chances of getting PR.

I have two options as of now -

1. Me as primary applicant.
Plan:
a. Do a distance learning PG diploma (to get two degrees/diplomas/certificates points)
b. Wait to complete 3 years' experience
c. Re-attempt CELPIP-G and TCF, to get better scores. My last scores suffered due to my speech impediment.
d. My wife does one of the ECE Assistant course, which she can do on her Spousal Open Work Permit.
d. She gets a job as an ECE Assistant. So that her experience will also add points.
2. My wife as a primary applicant.
Plan:
a. Try for BC PNP
b. Do one of the ECE Assistant course, which she can do on her Spousal Open Work Permit.
c. Get a job in interior BC, which gives 15 extra points.
d. Wait for one year, after that her BC PNP points will be good to get PNP nomination.

This is the reason I am asking repeated questions around these two plans.

Thanks

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @Natugrl,

As I have stated in my past posts, I am in quite a desperate situation due to my employer's policies, so I am trying everything to increase my chances of getting PR.

I have two options as of now -

1. Me as primary applicant.
Plan:
a. Do a distance learning PG diploma (to get two degrees/diplomas/certificates points)
b. Wait to complete 3 years' experience
c. Re-attempt CELPIP-G and TCF, to get better scores. My last scores suffered due to my speech impediment.
d. My wife does one of the ECE Assistant course, which she can do on her Spousal Open Work Permit.
d. She gets a job as an ECE Assistant. So that her experience will also add points.
2. My wife as a primary applicant.
Plan:
a. Try for BC PNP
b. Do one of the ECE Assistant course, which she can do on her Spousal Open Work Permit.
c. Get a job in interior BC, which gives 15 extra points.
d. Wait for one year, after that her BC PNP points will be good to get PNP nomination.

This is the reason I am asking repeated questions around these two plans.

Thanks

Would verify that any distance learning and schools are assessed as a degree by the various assessment tools used by IRCC

Most if these are person decision that you’ll need to make as a family.

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Would verify that any distance learning and schools are assessed as a degree by the various assessment tools used by IRCC

Most if these are person decision that you’ll need to make as a family.
CRS Calculator page says this - "Distance learning counts for education points, but not for bonus points in your profile or application." My bonus points are already 50 due to experience - so I only need the extra 7 points it will give me.

Thanks