+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE points not updated with the recent updates

Elsa81

Mar 1, 2016
Hi all,
Please clarify when should my profile reflect addition of new points as per recent updates? I have a LMIA exempt work permit and so I'd expect another 50 points, however the system didn't update my profile points for over 10 days now!!!

Thank you,

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Elsa81 said:
Hi all,
Please clarify when should my profile reflect addition of new points as per recent updates? I have a LMIA exempt work permit and so I'd expect another 50 points, however the system didn't update my profile points for over 10 days now!!!

Thank you,
Have you been working there for a year already?

Elsa81

Mar 1, 2016
kryt0n said:
Have you been working there for a year already?
Thank you for the reply.

No, I've been working for 6 months only.
Is it a prerequisite to get the 50 points to be working for at least a year? I answered yes to that, just to see what happens, and still no points were added!

Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elsa81 said:
Thank you for the reply.

No, I've been working for 6 months only.
Is it a prerequisite to get the 50 points to be working for at least a year? I answered yes to that, just to see what happens, and still no points were added!

Thank you
Yes, you need one year of full time work experience with that employer - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Elsa81

Mar 1, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Yes, you need one year of full time work experience with that employer - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp
Sorry I don't get it, does it mean that the offer duration is at least a year or I should have been already working for a year i.e. I cannot claim the points before spending a year in my job?

Also, what does this sentence mean; for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elsa81 said:
Sorry I don't get it, does it mean that the offer duration is at least a year or I should have been already working for a year i.e. I cannot claim the points before spending a year in my job?

Also, what does this sentence mean; for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa?
It means you need to work for that employer for another 6 months to reach a year of full time work experience. You cannot claim those points now.

One of the requirements is to have a job offer for one year AFTER you receive your PR - if your employer is not willing to provide such offer you should not be claiming those points either.

Elsa81

Mar 1, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
It means you need to work for that employer for another 6 months to reach a year of full time work experience. You cannot claim those points now.

One of the requirements is to have a job offer for one year AFTER you receive your PR - if your employer is not willing to provide such offer you should not be claiming those points either.
Got it. Thank you

So practically, how would I know when will I get my PR and then see whether my offer is for one year after that?
In other words, is the following correct? I have a job offer for two years, so after I complete my first year, then I could claim those points as I'll still have one more year?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elsa81 said:
Got it. Thank you

So practically, how would I know when will I get my PR and then see whether my offer is for one year after that?
In other words, is the following correct? I have a job offer for two years, so after I complete my first year, then I could claim those points as I'll still have one more year?
Remember that most applications take about 6 months to process, you're not taking that processing time into account in your example above.

Whenever you receive your ITA (while claiming the 50 points) you will be requested to upload a job offer stating that it is "for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa" among other things.