+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE - PCC from India - PSK issued PCC no longer acceptable?

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
aeropostale said:
Hello all,

I'm from B'lore ..

My application is under processing... I am given 60 days extension for submitting my FBI PCC... But I did not get any intimation that my Indian PCC from PSK is invalid.

This assures me that Indian PCC from PSK is ok to submit.

Cheers.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Prasurjya09

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
aeropostale said:
Hi Prasurjya09,

I submitted the following with my eAPR

1. Letter of explanation stating that I've applied for FBI PCC and I'll share the report as soon as I have it. (Signed)
2. Scan of courier receipt
3. Tracking details of the courier
3. Courier confirmation of delivery.

I got a this extension from 19th Oct.. 2 days post my medical clearance.. I'm assuming thats when they started to process the contents of my applications.

All the best... They understand that FBI PCC takes ages and most of us in this forum have got an extension for submission of it.

Cheers..
Thanks for sharing the info...appreciated

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi bro..

why are u doing FBI PCC.. when u had done India PCC.

am confused.. is FBI PCC mandatory ..?

All i knew that we have to do india PCC from PSK or local Police HQ

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
motocheck said:
Hi bro..

why are u doing FBI PCC.. when u had done India PCC.

am confused.. is FBI PCC mandatory ..?

All i knew that we have to do india PCC from PSK or local Police HQ
That's because he/she must have stayed in US for more than 6 months at a stretch.

If you never visited US, don't bother.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I am a native of another city in another state but currently live and work in Pune. My passport is from my native city. How do I go about this? All my address proof has my home address in my native city. Here, I don't have any other address proof other than my bank statement and my home lease agreement. I don't have aadhar card either. My passport also has my home address of my native city. What do I do now?
Visit to a nearest police station they will explain.
Same was the case with me, but I had Aadhar Card and I have my own home so had Electricity bill. But I remember the police official told me that if you are living in rented accommodation than lease agreement will also do.

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
StAnger said:
That's because he/she must have stayed in US for more than 6 months at a stretch.

If you never visited US, don't bother.
Hey bro many thanks.. I was wondering what this FBI stuff..

Cheers

sanjeev31aug

May 21, 2014
NCR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
INDIAN FRIENDS, PLEASE SUGGEST IF WE SHOULD GET PCC FROM PSK OR LOCAL POLICE STATION, I PERSONALLY PREFER PSK PCC, JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HERE SUBMITED PSK PCC FOR E-APR and CIC DIDN'T OBJECTED ANYTHING.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeev31aug said:
INDIAN FRIENDS, PLEASE SUGGEST IF WE SHOULD GET PCC FROM PSK OR LOCAL POLICE STATION, I PERSONALLY PREFER PSK PCC, JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HERE SUBMITED PSK PCC FOR E-APR and CIC DIDN'T OBJECTED ANYTHING.
There are two guys in this thread who have applied eAPR with only PSK PCC and progressed in status. We still don't have even one applicant case that heard from CIC that PSK PCC is not sufficient and Police PCC is necessary. Asivad has put his mind on this and concluded that a central govt institution's document has more authority than a local govt/police document.

That said, I have got PCC from PSK, and already applied for PCC from the Bangalore district commissioner too. So I guess I'll submit both. The reason why I went addtionally for a Police PCC is just so that I don't unnecessarily get stressed out by not submitting this. Because the instructions by CIC on PCC India does not clearly say which one is sufficient.

In my experience, the local police PCC is provided after more checks. For example, they wanted documents to show that I've resided in the present residence for whatever duration that we declare, for example with two different documents with dates atleast an year or so apart (I gave two electric bills). And the police also wants reference signatures from two neighbours with phone numbers to witness the fact that one lived in the claimed house. These make it a bit more cumbersome with police, but doesn't make it more reliable since CIC doesn't say so.

If you can sleep peacefully by submitting only PSK PCC, please go ahead and submit this alone. I think it is sufficient.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
PCC for India is from the local police station only.

PSK issued PCC is not accepted any longer, except for Delhi residents.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
PCC for India is from the local police station only.

PSK issued PCC is not accepted any longer, except for Delhi residents.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp
Where is it mentioned that PSK issued PCC is not acceptable.
Don't create unnecessary panic amongst the forum members.

sanjeev31aug

May 21, 2014
NCR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
number411 said:
There are two guys in this thread who have applied eAPR with only PSK PCC and progressed in status. We still don't have even one applicant case that heard from CIC that PSK PCC is not sufficient and Police PCC is necessary. Asivad has put his mind on this and concluded that a central govt institution's document has more authority than a local govt/police document.

That said, I have got PCC from PSK, and already applied for PCC from the Bangalore district commissioner too. So I guess I'll submit both. The reason why I went addtionally for a Police PCC is just so that I don't unnecessarily get stressed out by not submitting this. Because the instructions by CIC on PCC India does not clearly say which one is sufficient.

In my experience, the local police PCC is provided after more checks. For example, they wanted documents to show that I've resided in the present residence for whatever duration that we declare, for example with two different documents with dates atleast an year or so apart (I gave two electric bills). And the police also wants reference signatures from two neighbours with phone numbers to witness the fact that one lived in the claimed house. These make it a bit more cumbersome with police, but doesn't make it more reliable since CIC doesn't say so.

If you can sleep peacefully by submitting only PSK PCC, please go ahead and submit this alone. I think it is sufficient.
I don't know How I am going to get PCC from police station as I lived in 3 different states and atleast 10 different address in last 10 years. and I dont even have any proof for those addresses.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeev31aug said:
I don't know How I am going to get PCC from police station as I lived in 3 different states and atleast 10 different address in last 10 years. and I dont even have any proof for those addresses.
In this case, go ahead with PSK PCC. I'm sure it will turn out to be okay.