+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE GOT REJECTED BECAZ OF POLICE CLEARANCE

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g_singh76 said:
Ohh sorry, I thought you can go over there(i wasn't thinking about the origin country). My bad. I think only solution left is to call CIC and explain them the situation.

or get a sign and stamped Letter of explanation from consulate general of Pakistan(just my suggestion).
g_singh76, I did not start this thread. My application is not rejected.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grapehair said:
Now this post is kinda have me worried about my PCC. I'm getting it done from Karachi, Pakistan. And it does sort of state Police character certificate. I'm assuming people from.pakistan and specifically Karachi must have had the same wording. May be your rejection was for something else.
@grapehair, I think we should be fine. After this post I have seen many agencies who this PCC work for non-residents of Pakistan and they also give the same Police Character Certificate.

Umer221

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2017
grapehair said:
Now this post is kinda have me worried about my PCC. I'm getting it done from Karachi, Pakistan. And it does sort of state Police character certificate. I'm assuming people from.pakistan and specifically Karachi must have had the same wording. May be your rejection was for something else.
You are right.
I still have my Police Character Certificate that i provided for my study visa 4 years ago and that says Police Character Certificate but I was not rejected.
Either there is some other reason of the rejection or we have to figure out because I think PCC from Pakistan says Police Character Certificate.

Varun1287

Jan 25, 2017
Thanks for your fast response guys! Sorry if my post had made you worry .i am from India.
I didn't knew tat thr are two different things police clearance and police character certificate.in my certificate it state my name address my father name my fob and tat I don't have any criminal record plus it is been signed and stamped by SSP of tat area.so now wat does police clearance have extra.

Ya I just came to know u can get same thing from Bfs here in Canada.i wish I knew earlier.
Now wat has happened has happened.does anyone one know will they can consider opening my file if they cancelled it based on confusion tat I submitted my character certificate or do I have to start all over again?
Plus how much bls charge and how much time does it take as my work permit is also expiring in July too

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Varun1287 said:
My EE got rejected becaz they thought it's a character certificate as they use the word "POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE " although it's been clearly mentioned that there is no criminal record and has been signed by the authoritative officer.

Does anyone has gone through this.if yes plz share wat u did after tat.

Thank you
Sorry, Varun1287.

This is why you've to check IRCC's website and instructions properly. It's clearly mentioned that for India, Character Certificates are not accepted.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

grapehair said:
Nothing to worry, in case of Pakistani applicants, it seems to be fine.

How to Get a Police Certificate - Pakistan
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? Yes

Name of document(s) to get: Police Character Certificate or Police Clearance Certificate

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/pakistan.asp

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
Varun1287 said:
Thanks for your fast response guys! Sorry if my post had made you worry .i am from India.
I didn't knew tat thr are two different things police clearance and police character certificate.in my certificate it state my name address my father name my fob and tat I don't have any criminal record plus it is been signed and stamped by SSP of tat area.so now wat does police clearance have extra.

Ya I just came to know u can get same thing from Bfs here in Canada.i wish I knew earlier.
Now wat has happened has happened.Does anyone one know will they can consider opening my file if they cancelled it based on confusion tat I submitted my character certificate or do I have to start all over again?
Plus how much bls charge and how much time does it take as my work permit is also expiring in July too
Go to CGI Toronto and get it in one day. Some got it in 35 minutes. Follow the thread I posted earlier. It includes everything you need to know about the PCC.

As far as getting your file reopened is concerned, I have no idea. But I think the best solution is: call CIC.

harmeetjaipur

Star Member
May 22, 2014
syedahraza said:
In Pakistan we have Police Character Certificate, which mentions no criminal record and is made from the local police station. Probably in India Police character and police clearance are considered as separate certificates.
"Police Clearance Certificate" is what I have seen the ones from India.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Varun1287 said:
Now wat has happened has happened.does anyone one know will they can consider opening my file if they cancelled it based on confusion tat I submitted my character certificate or do I have to start all over again?
Unfortunately, you will have to start all over again. But you should be able to submit a new profile and get an ITA quickly.

Varun1287

Jan 25, 2017
Thank you guys for your quick response. I am from India and I live in Canada.as far as I hav understand from this conversation is tat there is difference between police character certificate and police clearance certificate and police character certificate.in my certificate it says character certificate but it's has my name my father name address dob and statement tat I don't have criminal record and it has been signed by SSP of tat area.plus I gave them English translated certificate too.so am I missing something?

I came to know about bls right now .how much they charge and wat are there processing time?
Will they gonna consider opening the case if they is genuine confusion or I have to apply again?

Thank you

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Que Em said:
Sorry, Varun1287.

This is why you've to check IRCC's website and instructions properly. It's clearly mentioned that for India, Character Certificates are not accepted.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? Yes

Name of document(s) to get: Police Character Certificate or Police Clearance Certificate

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/pakistan.asp
Thanks Que Em for clarifying. I knew there must be something wrong with Varun's police certificate which got his application rejected.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Varun1287 said:
Thank you guys for your quick response. I am from India and I live in Canada.as far as I hav understand from this conversation is tat there is difference between police character certificate and police clearance certificate and police character certificate.in my certificate it says character certificate but it's has my name my father name address dob and statement tat I don't have criminal record and it has been signed by SSP of tat area.plus I gave them English translated certificate too.so am I missing something?

I came to know about bls right now .how much they charge and wat are there processing time?
Will they gonna consider opening the case if they is genuine confusion or I have to apply again?

Thank you
Well, you can definitely try your luck by writing an email directly to the visa office which sent you the rejection notice or by sending a CSE using this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Try to explain your situation and if you can, add the new correct version of the PCC (if you can get it within a day) along with the request to reconsider your case.

Good luck!

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
syedahraza said:
Thanks Que Em for clarifying. I knew there must be something wrong with Varun's police certificate which got his application rejected.
No problem, you're welcome. IRCC agents seem to be pretty strict with certain requirements, so it's always best to check proper updated instructions from the IRCC website.

Umer221

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2017
Que Em said:
Sorry, Varun1287.

This is helpful as it clearly mentions about the Character Certificate from India and Pakistan.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Varun1287 said:

Thank you
Based on past trends of apps being rejected due to PCC issues, you will have to start again.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
That's a bummer for him. It's awful that police clearance and character certificate weren't asked assuming he had asked the local "Thana/police station" to give him a certificate for immigration purpose. Dude good luck!