+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE GOT REJECTED BECAZ OF POLICE CLEARANCE

Varun1287

Jan 25, 2017
My EE got rejected becaz they thought it's a character certificate as they use the word "POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE " although it's been clearly mentioned that there is no criminal record and has been signed by the authoritative officer.

Does anyone has gone through this.if yes plz share wat u did after tat.

Thank you

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
which country issued the certificate?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Sorry to hear this. What country are you referring to?

Umer221

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2017
That is bad luck. Is it not same as Police Clearance?

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Varun1287 said:
My EE got rejected becaz they thought it's a character certificate as they use the word "POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE " although it's been clearly mentioned that there is no criminal record and has been signed by the authoritative officer.

Thank you
I am wondering, why it got rejected. Did you mention all the addresses on that?

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
Varun1287 said:

Thank you
Well, It does sound like a Character Certificate. Letter Writing 101:- Your Heading Defines the purpose of the Letter. I would say, go back CGI Toronto or BLS and ask them to make a new one with better Heading this time. Why risk getting the rejection when you can get it in one day. Follow this thread:- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/information-get-indian-pcc-in-one-daycanada-only-t469878.0.html#new

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g_singh76 said:
Well, It does sound like a Character Certificate. Letter Writing 101:- Your Heading Defines the purpose of the Letter. I would say, go back CGI Toronto or BLS and ask them to make a new one with better Heading this time. Why risk getting the rejection when you can get it in one day. Follow this thread:- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/information-get-indian-pcc-in-one-daycanada-only-t469878.0.html#new
In Pakistan we have Police Character Certificate, which mentions no criminal record and is made from the local police station. Probably in India Police character and police clearance are considered as separate certificates.

Umer221

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2017
syedahraza said:
I am wondering, why it got rejected. Did you mention all the addresses on that?
Hey syedahraza,
Can you check your Inbox please?
I had some questions about Police Clearance certificate from Pakistan.
I think you have gone through that stage and I got my ITA today.
I am worried after reading this post now.
Can you please check your inbox.
Thanks.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Umer221 said:
Hey syedahraza,
Can you check your Inbox please?
I had some questions about Police Clearance certificate from Pakistan.
I think you have gone through that stage and I got my ITA today.
I am worried after reading this post now.
Can you please check your inbox.
Thanks.
Didn't get anything in my Inbox

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
syedahraza said:
In Pakistan we have Police Character Certificate, which mentions no criminal record and is made from the local police station. Probably in India Police character and police clearance are considered as separate certificates.
Are you in Canada right now?

If yes, you can follow the thread and get the certificate in one day. If not, take your own format next time you go there or just ask letter writer to change the heading for you. I don't know about you, but in Punjab, India, there are some people sits outside of Tehsil and write the letters.
or

try calling CIC and explain them your situation. They will definitely give you some instructions.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g_singh76 said:
Are you in Canada right now?

If yes, you can follow the thread and get the certificate in one day. If not, take your own format next time you go there or just ask letter writer to change the heading for you. I don't know about you, but in Punjab, India, there are some people sits outside of Tehsil and write the letters.
or

try calling CIC and explain them your situation. They will definitely give you some instructions.
i am in Canada. Getting Pakistan PCC from Toronto will take months for sure. There have been numerous cases who submit this Police Character Certificate (atleast for Pakistani applicants). I am sure for India they have this good facility where you can get PCC in one day. Unfortunately this does not work for us.

Is the person who started this thread from India?

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Now this post is kinda have me worried about my PCC. I'm getting it done from Karachi, Pakistan. And it does sort of state Police character certificate. I'm assuming people from.pakistan and specifically Karachi must have had the same wording. May be your rejection was for something else.

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
syedahraza said:
i am in Canada. Getting Pakistan PCC from Toronto will take months for sure. There have been numerous cases who submit this Police Character Certificate (atleast for Pakistani applicants). I am sure for India they have this good facility where you can get PCC in one day. Unfortunately this does not work for us.

Is the person who started this thread from India?
Ohh sorry, I thought you can go over there(i wasn't thinking about the origin country). My bad. I think only solution left is to call CIC and explain them the situation.

or get a sign and stamped Letter of explanation from consulate general of Pakistan(just my suggestion).