+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational documents in Original????????

Pak-UK

Mar 21, 2011
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a Pakistani national. do I need to submit all of my educational documents in original with my PR application or I can send photocopies as well??? If I need to submit original docs, when I should get them back????? Urgent help required.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sending original document along with application is not adviceable,
bcos is likely it will never be returned back to you. It will be wise you
send copies not original then if they need it they will inform.

Pak-UK

Mar 21, 2011
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But I think in case of Pakistani nationals they ask for originals, can you confirm me please. since we are planing to move the application.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
For a spousal application you do not need to send any educational documents, copies or originals.

I suggest you start by reading the sticky in this forum on family sponsorship.

Pak-UK

Mar 21, 2011
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked guideline notes for application. but its not clear there. so I am confused regarding this.

Miguel de Cervantes

Dec 6, 2010
When looking at your region specific guide, you will notice that if they want original documents, they will ask for them. When they mentioned the educational documents, they do not say "Original". From my understanding you do not need originals of those. But, perhaps someone who actually went through that embassy can be more certain. Here is what it says in your region guide, which is found at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

Nationals of Pakistan:
•Photocopies of identification cards, “Tazkira” or “Shinakhti Pass”, with certified translation in English or French.
•Original birth certificates for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner, together with certified translations into English or French. A birth certificate is normally acceptable if the registration of the birth was made shortly after the birth. The birth certificate must bear the name of the person whose birth it records, and must have been issued on the prescribed form by an official responsible for the registration of births in the municipality or district in which the birth took place.
•Original marriage certificate or “Nikah Nama” issued by an official responsible for the registration of marriages in the district in which the marriage took place and bearing the Nikah registry seal. You must also submit a certified translation in English or French. Wedding photos. Christians should provide an extract from the marriage registry or the church where the marriage was performed.
•If you or your spouse or common-law partner have been previously married, you must attach prior marriage certificates, divorce decrees or death certificates. “Statements of divorce” are not acceptable.
•Educational documents for applicant and spouse such as all educational documents and school leaving certificates
Original birth certificates for each child included in the application form. Late registration of birth certificates are not acceptable.

Pak-UK

Mar 21, 2011
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miguel de Cervantes said:
When looking at your region specific guide, you will notice that if they want original documents, they will ask for them. When they mentioned the educational documents, they do not say "Original". From my understanding you do not need originals of those. But, perhaps someone who actually went through that embassy can be more certain. Here is what it says in your region guide, which is found at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

Nationals of Pakistan:
•Photocopies of identification cards, “Tazkira” or “Shinakhti Pass”, with certified translation in English or French.
•Original birth certificates for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner, together with certified translations into English or French. A birth certificate is normally acceptable if the registration of the birth was made shortly after the birth. The birth certificate must bear the name of the person whose birth it records, and must have been issued on the prescribed form by an official responsible for the registration of births in the municipality or district in which the birth took place.
•Original marriage certificate or “Nikah Nama” issued by an official responsible for the registration of marriages in the district in which the marriage took place and bearing the Nikah registry seal. You must also submit a certified translation in English or French. Wedding photos. Christians should provide an extract from the marriage registry or the church where the marriage was performed.
•If you or your spouse or common-law partner have been previously married, you must attach prior marriage certificates, divorce decrees or death certificates. “Statements of divorce” are not acceptable.
•Educational documents for applicant and spouse such as all educational documents and school leaving certificates
Original birth certificates for each child included in the application form. Late registration of birth certificates are not acceptable.

thanx its really helpfull.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but i think it depends on where do you want your application to be processed, my understanding says if you are residing in some other country than your own and you want your application to be processed in that country than you need to use that country's region specific form not your country of citizenship!

correct me please if i am wrong :O

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
hsbalouch said:
but i think it depends on where do you want your application to be processed, my understanding says if you are residing in some other country than your own and you want your application to be processed in that country than you need to use that country's region specific form not your country of citizenship!

correct me please if i am wrong :O
Yes, you use that country's region specific forms - the ones for the country you are applying through. But the visa officer can always send your application back to your home country, in which case you will have to send in anything missed, or ask for other documents. If I were you, I would make sure my application included everything asked for in the region specific guides for both countries, if possible.