+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education In CANADA pg or Masters for my qUALIFICATION

Lavanya Uma

Feb 21, 2013
My name z Uma completd my Under graduation in Electrnics Engineerng (56%)currently from 2 years wrking as HR Recruiter want do a Course(Any Management course preferrably in Finance and Human Resources ) of 2 years in Canada .. So can u pleas help me out and iam from India and i need Eligibility Criteria and Colleges or Universities list
:eek:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you have the choice between a Masters and PGD - and have plans to apply for PR and remain in Canada long term - definitely pick the Masters.

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Lavanya Uma said:
My name z Uma completd my Under graduation in Electrnics Engineerng (56%)currently from 2 years wrking as HR Recruiter want do a Course(Any Management course preferrably in Finance and Human Resources ) of 2 years in Canada .. So can u pleas help me out and iam from India and i need Eligibility Criteria and Colleges or Universities list
Hi Uma,

For sure Masters is the best option when compared to PG. But since your percentage is quite bit low , i think u ll be having problem in getting admission in universities. Also for Masters in management courses most of the universities need GMAT. if you score a good mark in GMAT, sure i believe you can get admission for Masters at Universities. Also there are some universities which provide Masters in management without GMAT, but they are low rated universities and the Cost is far high.

Even am from India and am also in the same boat like you., after getting these kind of replies from the seniors am helping you with my reply.

Regards,
Lakshmanan

tiger007

Champion Member
Lavanya Uma said:
Hi,

Admissions to general Master degree programmes require atleast B grade in final 2 years of your 4 or 3+2 years degree. B grade is 60% for students from India. However there are universities which consider 55% in final 2 years as equivalent to B grade. However, this is the minimum requirement and there's no guarantee of admission. Also.. apart from that for Master's in Management/MBA/Msc. requires GMAT and/or work experience. So..if you appear for GMAT, score atleast 550-600 or more, even with 56% in your B.E, many options for MBA will open up and you MAY get admission to a public university recognized MBA.
There are however, few programmes such as 1 year master of management (HR/Finance etc.) at Univ. of Windsor which requires NO GMAT (can't really comment how the programme is..but it's offered by a fairly good business school and is very expensive) or certain universities like UNB may waive off GMAT requirement. What you need to do is... shoot emails to MBA dept. of public universities..present your profile... and see..if they may waive your GMAT or not.
Other than these not so reputed MBAs like VIU,TRU gives direct admission without GMAT..but those degrees..honestly are not worth it (as compared to real MBAs which require GMAT and/or work ex).
Here's the list of all recognized educational institutes eligible for OCWP+PGWP, listed province wise:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
Go through universities MBA eligibility requirements and see if you MAY get admission or not.
Although, it would be better..to appear for GMAT.

If you see you are ineligible for MBA programmes or don't want to appear for GMAT or simply want to pursue a PG certificate course in Business, particularly in HR.. many Ontario based colleges offer such 1 academic year - 2 sem or 3 sem(with 1 sem co-op/internship) PG certificate programmes in HR.

Best of Luck

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too