+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eCOPR validity less than 6 months

Parthvi2023

Mar 1, 2023
Hello,

I am in Canada for the last 2 years under open work permit.

I received my PR approval yesterday in the portal and the eCOPR has a validity of October 10, 2023. I am confused.
Will I be getting my PR card with a different validity date, say for 5 years?

How does it work? Can anyone share their thoughts here. Thanks!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

I am in Canada for the last 2 years under open work permit.

I received my PR approval yesterday in the portal and the eCOPR has a validity of October 10, 2023. I am confused.
Will I be getting my PR card with a different validity date, say for 5 years?

How does it work? Can anyone share their thoughts here. Thanks!
eCOPR is valid until you get PR card. Make sure you print it before it disappears as it will be there for 7 days.
Yes PR cards are usually for 5 years.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
As per my lawyers, the eCOPR validity is Not Applicable when you are an Inland Candidate. Also I still have my eCOPR for download in my portal after 2 months

Apate157

May 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I went to BLS (Toronto) for my passport renewal application. I was told I need to submit ECOPR/ landing paper along with my PR card and application. Apparently, I didn't save eCOPR because it was on the portal so I just confirmed it and sent my digital photo with other information at that time after receiving eCOPR. Also, I received my PR in Canada. I checked on the portal of IRCC but account doesn't seem active. Can I request IRCC to reissue eCOPR?

Please advise. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I went to BLS (Toronto) for my passport renewal application. I was told I need to submit ECOPR/ landing paper along with my PR card and application. Apparently, I didn't save eCOPR because it was on the portal so I just confirmed it and sent my digital photo with other information at that time after receiving eCOPR. Also, I received my PR in Canada. I checked on the portal of IRCC but account doesn't seem active. Can I request IRCC to reissue eCOPR?

Please advise. I appreciate your help. Thanks!
Yes, follow this process.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-verification-status-replacement-immigration-document.html