+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS updates and req'd information

Hopeful One

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stupid question - when ECAS asks for surname I know its the last name, but do they require your first name too? (i.e.) Doe, John

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopeful One said:
Stupid question - when ECAS asks for surname I know its the last name, but do they require your first name too? (i.e.) Doe, John
No. Just your last name.

Hopeful One

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Boasorte...

I just checked my ecas and it took just over 2 months after my application arrived to say "in process."

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
My wife's ecas was updated with the following message today, but there is no in process information. Is there any reason for this?

1.We received your payment, along with one or more citizenship applications. To find out how long it takes to process a routine application, please consult the Application Processing Times.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife and son application received on 28th April and till now nothing in eCAS. It's been 2.5 month now.. I wonder what could be the reason for such delay to show "In Process"..

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
rayman_m said:
My wife and son application received on 28th April and till now nothing in eCAS. It's been 2.5 month now.. I wonder what could be the reason for such delay to show "In Process"..
Not the lack of system but lack of manpower.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also feel that the processing rates have decreased since Bill C-24 got approved. Perhaps CIC is busy implementing the changes?

rayman_m said: