+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ecas Update

parnit

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
My Ecas has been updated last week.
It says that a letter has been mailed seeking more information and documents if I have not provided and should provide them ASAP

I am yet to receive the letter and called CIC customer service, but they did not divulge the contents of the letter.
wondering what the letter contains
Is it RQ or fingerprinting?

does any one also has received this kind of letter
My time line for Citizenship

application sent Oct4,2012
application received Oct 15,2012
Processing started Jan 4,2013
A letter seeking information/documents mailed on Sep 6,2013

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
If it says, "We sent you a letter on ..... If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Then unfortunately this is RQ :( FP doesn't show up on Ecas

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
I hope its not the RQ. call them

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
Maybe not in every case, but FP request may be indicated with "We sent you a letter.." in ecas, I saw several reports stating that. It also could be request to provide some clarifying additional info, not an RQ. OP should keep hope that it was not an RQ. )

And yes, parnit, you can try calling CIC again and asking them whether RQ or FP request has been sent to you.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
If it says, "We sent you a letter on ..... If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

It is my impression that the CIC has not included RQ requests on eCas since OB407 (May 2012). Indeed, there are dozens of messages on these forums where people are confused as to why their eCas has no acknowledgement of their RQ.

Perhaps this has changed recently or perhaps I am mistaken, but I suspect this is not an RQ.

Parnit, please update us when you find out and good luck.

parnit

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
I called CIC Customer service, but the rep refused to share any info about the letter mailed. I specifically asked him, if it is RQ, to which he replied that I will come to know from the letter what info is required
I do not understand that after verifying the caller, why CIC refused to share the info

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
parnit said:
I called CIC Customer service, but the rep refused to share any info about the letter mailed. I specifically asked him, if it is RQ, to which he replied that I will come to know from the letter what info is required
I do not understand that after verifying the caller, why CIC refused to share the info
Maybe they do not know it themselves.

parnit

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
I received the letter yesterday and I have ben asked to go for Finger Printing with RCMP.
It is surprising that I have applied for citizenship for my whole family, but only I have been asked to go for finger printing

lucky821

Aug 25, 2013
parnit said:
I received the letter yesterday and I have ben asked to go for Finger Printing with RCMP.
It is surprising that I have applied for citizenship for my whole family, but only I have been asked to go for finger printing
have you served in the army in your country of citizenship?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parnit said:
Your name, age and other biographical details likely match someone with a record in Canada. They want to make sure its not you. Another reason why the whole immigration process should have fingerprinting from the start like in the US, UK etc. It saves wasting time contacting innocent applicants to submit FPs.

parnit

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
I got Finger Printing done today and I was told that results will be sent to Ottawa and after that it will be sent to CIC and may take few weeks to reach CIC

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you ok to share the process including fee paid, duration of the process, where taken e.g RCMP etc for the benefit of others who may have the same requirement?

parnit

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
I have taken t with RCMP and fee is $60 and it just took 60 minutes and other good thing is RCMP office is open 7 days a week
I am now wondering how much time will it take to get call for citizenship test

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12 month timeline to test seems the norm for routine applications - FP request doesn't delay much so expect testing by end November.